Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ticks thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Girls do win. Ruprekha Banerji of Fame Gurukul is Fame Jodi with audience popular vote and she had defeated Rex, Arpita also in one of the galas, where she got the highest percentage of votes.

In II-2 Karunya and Amey are the best, but then Antara was better than the other 2 Sandeep and Anuj. In SRGMP, I loved Nihira and Debojit.

But yes in Indian Idol and SRGMP, girls lagged behind in garnering votes, perhaps they could NOT connect with their audience as much. India is a vast country where tastes differ from region to region and also we have urban and rural population.

But, to generalise that Indian Janta does not vote for girls I think is a tad bit harsh on them 😉 .

Edited by ticks - 18 years ago
*Jaya* thumbnail
Did Farah say that - for once she spoke soemthing on the show that made sense 😆 😆 😆

And she is true, I have heard similar comments here on this forum where people have bashed Himani (after she was only girl left in the show) for her being a girl and daring to compare with guys!

In fact, HR made an atrocious comment on the show when she was voted out "Tum to already ladkiyon me winner ho.. ab tum ladko se to jeet nahi sakti" 😡 😡 😡

I thought, he should have been thrown out of the show that very moment!!
Sarkar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
guys don't spend their time and money voting for female contestants of any contest,they rather prefer for their girl friends.
Where as girls go crazy after some male participants dreaming them as their dream boy and just go behind voting like crazy 😃
ticks thumbnail

Originally posted by: anshu03

yes, farah did say so openly during the Piano rounds and i think she has some truth behind it.
Ticks, you are right about Rooprekha, but dont forget that FG had a different concept where only 3 were put in danger and one of them was voted out. RR was i think only once in that situation, hence she was lucky. And in the end it was about choosing a 'Jodi' so most thought that it should be girl boy for a complete Jodi (so that they can sing romantic duets). Due to these reasons she won. Jodi main ek ladki to aani hi thi.
But in Idol I last 3 were boys, In Idol II last 4 are boys, in SRGMP last 3 were boys these trends do reveal a true picture.
I hope there are no biasis in such shows based on gender / language/ region or religion.

Yes, I know where you are coming from buddy. In that sense I agree.

Swastika thumbnail

Originally posted by: ticks

Girls do win. Ruprekha Banerji of Fame Gurukul is Fame Jodi with audience popular vote and she had defeated Rex, Arpita also in one of the galas, where she got the highest percentage of votes.

In II-2 Karunya and Amey are the best, but then Antara was better than the other 2 Sandeep and Anuj. In SRGMP, I loved Nihira and Debojit.

But yes in Indian Idol and SRGMP, girls lagged behind in garnering votes, perhaps they could NOT connect with their audience as much. India is a vast country where tastes differ from region to region and also we have urban and rural population.

But, to generalise that Indian Janta does not vote for girls I think is a tad bit harsh on them 😉 .

Ruprekha won only because "uska naam Qazi se juda tha". Rupu played her cards well... she stuck to Qazi just to get votes. Plus, Javedji promoted her as "aise bhale insaan nahin dikhte"... bullsh*t.
Swastika thumbnail

Originally posted by: anshu03

This is a nice topic and I must say correctly pointed out that girls dont win. Most of the reasons already discussed on the forum are true that most voting population is girls and they vote guys etc etc.

But if have seen Idol II, you must have heard Farah's take on this. As per her girls dont win coz people in India dont like Smart confident Girls to succeed, specially the smaller town male population. Actually i think that she is right to an extent. Womens Lib has yet to take place in the true sense in this country.

I really wished Himani would have won the contest but I knew it would not happen. I voted for her not coz she was hot or something but coz i liked her singing.

Lets face it, in our country there is still a large population which feels that the best place for a women is in the house. Sad but true.

Lekin woh din door nahi hai jab koi ladki aisa contest jitegi as things are changing rapidly.

Bilkul correct. A girl who is beautiful and smart is more like a "bar girl" in this society. For the public she's too big for her own boots. 😡

Magical_Touch thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
"Where would man be today if it wasn't for women? In the Garden of Eden eating water melon and taking it easy." 😆
Edited by Magical_Touch - 18 years ago
SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'll admit that even I was a staunch Qazi support back in FG days purely bec'se he was being ill-treated by Rex/Arpita. So the most imp thing is that you have to be a good human being first.
apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: adwarakanath

😆 Especially females like the one who took a loan of 1.5 Lakh Rupees to vote for Qazi🤢.

And our very own Ms. Vinit_rocks...she called hema a braying dog.🤢

No Abhi,

vinit_rocks did not call Hema a braying dog.  It was someone with ID love-Vinit or Vinit_love who called Hema a braying donkey.

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Yes ranig I agree!!!!!!!!I see in these indian musical shows that men are ruling.

Here my thought Its a male orientiated society so men voteing to men and Woman since they are in infutation with the male singers are voting male so that is my theory.