Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ranig thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
I might be bashed for this but I do believe Antara was better or equivalent to Amey. Probably not as good as Karunya- because personally I think he is marvelous.
Again , I feel people don't like him because he has some feminine mannerisms. Otherwise he is amazing. He is breathless.
In SRGMP, I felt Nihara and Himani were truly incredible . Both had such powerful perfomances. I would have been happy if either of them became the winners.
Let's see if this pattern continues. It's to be seen.....
One thing for sure is that these contests are really a good way to analyze what the indian voter tends to do. It's obvious they don't go entirely based on what the judges and mentors have scored the participants with or the entire quality and consistency of performance.
madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Another case is when a performer performs badly, a lot of their fans vote more because they think that they must stay !

Hema got more votes when he sang 'Bachna Ae Haseeno' than when he sang 'Saathiya' !

I think when the singer sings well, people think ki acha ga raha/rahi hain..sab toh isse vote denge.

unfortunately in this game of u ifrst u first..the real winners lose !
ranig thumbnail
Wow madhavir108. U brought out an amazing pt. there are many reasons people vote for one another. I hope people dont mind me saying these things. No offence to any particular singer. Because , honestly , I think they are all way better than we can even imagine. I read somewhere that Sunidhi and Shreya were scared to sing with Vinit and Debo and had requested many retakes and practice.
BUt I beleive Sometimes they feel sorry for a member (Like with Debo's case),or their angry with the mentor- in the case of HR and Vinit, the teenager may like the fact that that Vinit is so passionate about his girlfriend, that Himani, Twinkle, Paresh and Hema are good looking. There are so many reasons which somehow don't come down to the singing. And vice versa : they may not be liked because they have a certain attribute.   
Qwest thumbnail

Originally posted by: madhavir108

Another case is when a performer performs badly, a lot of their fans vote more because they think that they must stay !

Hema got more votes when he sang 'Bachna Ae Haseeno' than when he sang 'Saathiya' !

I think when the singer sings well, people think ki acha ga raha/rahi hain..sab toh isse vote denge.

madhavir108 ji

Something is not right with people like us. Cannot say the truth like this so open and loud see what happen to Nihira Josi... Well said not too many people will like to hear that they will think we are from a different planet.

YALGAAR HO!!!!!!  Love ARR

prash123 thumbnail

Sorry to say but I wouldn't be happy to see any other candidate to win when its a fact that Nihira was and is the best. So it out of question to see Himani as a winner just because we would like to see a girl to be winner. No. When we have a strong poerful girl can take any singing challange why to go other dooor.

Originally posted by: ranig

I might be bashed for this but I do believe Antara was better or equivalent to Amey. Probably not as good as Karunya- because personally I think he is marvelous.
Again , I feel people don't like him because he has some feminine mannerisms. Otherwise he is amazing. He is breathless.
In SRGMP, I felt Nihara and Himani were truly incredible . Both had such powerful perfomances. I would have been happy if either of them became the winners.
Let's see if this pattern continues. It's to be seen.....
One thing for sure is that these contests are really a good way to analyze what the indian voter tends to do. It's obvious they don't go entirely based on what the judges and mentors have scored the participants with or the entire quality and consistency of performance.

TaureanT thumbnail
Today Sonu also said a fantastic thing.." Indian people are so foolish, they are doing the same thing because of which 400 500 years ago we were ruled by Britishers. They only vote for a person from their own region and are not able to see India as a whole "Rashtra" and are not able to think that everybody is their son or daughter."
   Whenever I meet a fellow Indian here in USA, the first question asked is from which state you are?, which language do you speak? ETC. When they hear my answer that I am from all over India..coz we really are from all over India they are surprised. And then they put me in the category of a North Indian. How funny.
Well I am definately not an Assamese, not a Marathi..but kind of spent a lot of my time in UP..but still my favourite is Debu and Nihira and not Vinit. Just because in my opinion Nihira is unparalled and unsurpassed and so is Debu.
Qwest thumbnail

Originally posted by: TaureanT

Today Sonu also said a fantastic thing.." Indian people are so foolish, they are doing the same thing because of which 400 500 years ago we were ruled by Britishers. They only vote for a person from their own region and are not able to see India as a whole "Rashtra" and are not able to think that everybody is their son or daughter."
   Whenever I meet a fellow Indian here in USA, the first question asked is from which state you are?, which language do you speak? ETC. When they hear my answer that I am from all over India..coz we really are from all over India they are surprised. And then they put me in the category of a North Indian. How funny.
Well I am definately not an Assamese, not a Marathi..but kind of spent a lot of my time in UP..but still my favourite is Debu and Nihira and not Vinit. Just because in my opinion Nihira is unparalled and unsurpassed and so is Debu.

Very well said and glad that you have  pointed out few good examples and also I am definitely not an Assamese, not a Marathi and my favourite is Debu and Nihira and not Vinit. Honest opinion Nihira is unparallel and not comparable with any one of the contestant in C2005 and so is Debu.

YALGAAR HO!!!!!!  Love ARR

riddler100 thumbnail
Originally posted by: madhavir108

Thats an interesting observation madhavir ji... you might just be right 😊
seema_17 thumbnail
abey qwerty take back ur words, or i will have to call you out! 😡 😆
apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyasdfgh

You see we like girls - they sing well but when it comes to winners it can be only boys u see...Its like this you see when it comes ot cooking, women should be in the kitchen but when it comes to professional chefs more often than not they are guys.. U C its a mans world....

😆 😆

qwertyasdfgh ji,

Do you have your body shield ready.  Just wait and watch.  You are dead,  man.  😆