•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

I am not an Aishwarya Rai look-alike: Sneha Ullal
22nd Feb 2006  09.41 IST
By ApunKaChoice Bureau  

Sneha Ullal made big news last year with her debut film Lucky – No Time For Love because everybody thought that she was a look-like to the gorgeous Aishwarya Rai .

Yes, a very uncanny similarity was there and what added to the speculation and public frenzy was the fact that she made her debut opposite
Salman Khan - the former lover of Ash.

But Sneha asserts that she is not an Ash look-alike.

Talking to a leading daily, Sneha said this on being termed as an Ash look-alike: "When people see a copy of the Taj Mahal, they say it looks like the Taj Mahal, isn't it? So, that's an advantage. But when they compare me with Aishwarya, I think they should limit it to the screen, nothing else. I am new to this profession and hence, there is no competition."

Sneha said that she doesn't mind her image of the girl next door: "I don't mind. I feel very young and can easily pass off as a girl for a long, long time. Age is on my side, so what's the problem? I can think of an image makeover later."

Sneha's next release
Aryan is an action flick opposite Sohail Khan . On her scope in the action film Sneha said: "I signed the film before I started working on Lucky. It was Sohail who asked me to try it out. You know I am part of the Khan family, so I depended on his conviction. But let me be honest. After working in the film, I can say I have done much more than did in Lucky."

Elaborating her role in the film the beautiful actress said: "It's a young affair. I play a girl who is like a support system for Sohail, who is a boxer. We are from diametrically opposite backgrounds. I am from a rich family but he is not that well off. Despite all odds, I believe in him. The best part is that my character has shades - I also play a mother in the film. In 'Lucky', on the other hand, the horizon of my role was confined to that of a schoolgirl, showing me in two-three outfits."

Sneha added that she couldn't prepare for the role: "I signed 'Aryan' and immediately went to Russia to shoot for 'Lucky'. After I returned I was on the sets of 'Aryan'. So, I hardly had any time for preparation."

On her experience of working with the Khan brothers Salman and Sohail, Sneha said: "They are completely different from the image they have of being arrogant. They all believe in hard work. Salman is a bit flirtatious, he loves to play pranks on the sets. Sohail, on the other hand, is more sober. Having worked with them, I have also imbibed some of their good qualities."