Aishwarya's Pregnancy gets Arunoday Singh fired

Posted: 12 years ago
Aishwarya Rai's Pregnancy Gets Arunoday Singh Fired From 'Heroine'
November 24, 2011 06:00 AM EST

When Aishwarya Rai's pregnancy caused her to back out of her role in Madhur Bhandarkar's Heroine, she was quickly replaced by Kareena Kapoor. Now the actor who was to have co-starred opposite Aishwarya has been replaced as well.

Arunoday Singh, the handsome actor most recently seen in Aisha, has been replaced with Randeep Hooda at Kareena Kapoor's insistence.

Apparently, Kareena Kapoor isn't comfortable doing intimate scenes with Arunoday. Is she crazy? The boy's a beefcake! She'd rather have Randeep in the role, and a quick work to the director made it happen. Had Aishwarya Rai still been playing the lead in Heroine Aruonday Singh would still have his job.

At that time, Singh was to share screen space with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. An excited Arunoday had then said, "Why feel the pressure? I am not going to fight a battle. To work with Aishwarya would be amazing and I am looking forward to it."

Randeep Hooda is a fine actor and obviously in delicate romantic scenes it's important for both actors to feel comfortable. If Bebo prefers Randeep, then Randeep it is. However, the move seems more like a dig at Aishwarya Rai than anything else. When Kareena took over the role she was quite vocal about having to get rid of the every costume that had been designed for Aishwarya "because I am much thinner." She wasn't content to just have Aish's clothes altered to fit her--she wanted brand new clothes.

And now she wants a brand new co-star. As is fast becoming the case in Bollywood, whatever Kareena wants, Kareena gets.

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980810061

Kareena gets Arunoday kicked out of Heroine?

Zeenews Bureau

Mumbai: Bollywood leading ladies can be quite finicky when it comes to choosing their co-stars. Buzz has it that B-Town diva Kareena Kapoor refused to get intimate with newbie Arunoday Singh in 'Heroine', consequently, the hunk was quickly replaced by Randeep Hooda.

Arunoday, who was part of 'Heroine' from the very beginning, is shocked at the turn of events. It seems Kareena prefers Randeep over Arunoday as a source told a daily, "Kareena approved of Randeep filling up for Arunoday. She was also informed at the earlier stage when Randeep was being approached."

"Randeep is very happy to work with Bhandarkar and UTV. 'Heroine', after all, is a big film. He will be playing a cricketer in it," added the source.

When contacted, Madhur Bhandarkar confirmed the news and said, "The role was changed. Randeep suits it more now. Arunoday is a very talented guy. I am looking forward to working with him in the future."

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/movies/kareena-gets-arunoday-kicked-out-of-heroine_100854.htm

Heroine now a love story!

"Heroine" is no longer just Kareena Kapoor's film. It's now a love story between an actress and an actor, thanks to Arjun Rampal's insistence on a his role being clearly and comprehensively fleshed out in the movie.

Apparently Arjun had two long discussions with the film's producers UTV and director Madhur Bhandarkar where he suggested changes in the script. These suggestions were duly accepted and incorporated.

To his credit Arjun doesn't deny asking for changes in the "Heroine" script.

"I did make some suggestions which I thought were for the betterment of the film. They were kind enough to accept these changes," said Arjun, who came into his own with his national award winning performance in "Rock On!!"

"I don't mind doing heroine-oriented films. I've done one with Kareena in the past ('We Are Family'). But at this point in my career I cannot do supporting roles. Heroine is basically a love story between the actress and the actor played by me. It's a challenge for me because I've never played an actor before," added the 38-year-old.

Arjun has also ensured that he is projected as the solo male lead of "Heroine" and he is all set to start shooting for the film on his birthday, which is on Saturday.

Sure enough when Siddharth Roy Kapoor, CEO UTV Motion Pictures, was contacted, he said, "Arjun Rampal is the male lead in 'Heroine'. The other actors play supporting parts."

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-11-25/news-interviews/30438034_1_arjun-rampal-heroine-love-story

Edited by VanityGirl - 12 years ago
How can they blame Aishwarya if Kareena is the one who kicked Arunoday out? What difference does it make to Kareena if it is either Arunoday or Randeep if she has to get intimate with one of them? Why do actors even interfere with the rest of the casting? 😡

And Heroine is now just another love story with Arjun Rampal as the hero? Lol @ Arjun saying he cannot afford to do supporting roles at this stage of his career. What was he doing in Ra.One? That was worse than a supporting role 😕Edited by VanityGirl - 12 years ago
It's sad because I think Arjun and Aish make beautiful couple on screen. I love their movie together. I don't think Arjun looks good with kareena
I don't like Aish...but seriously what the hell is HER fault if Kareena has issues with Arunoday Singh? 🥱 Aish may have screwed up by not telling about her pregnancy, but har cheez ki hadh hoti hai. If this film flops, they'll probably blame Aish too...she got pregnant so the film flopped.  No correlation between them.

And Kareena should get off her high horse. I'm much thinner than Aish so I need a new wardrobe. W*F? Yeah Kareena, you'll be a size zero when you're pregnant too. 🤪🤢

Kareena so badly wants to upstage Aish with Heroine. It's VERY obvious. Indirectly tamacha marna hai...
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago
kareena is behaving in an absolutely ridiculous fashion IMHO
I guess media still hasn't got tired of linking Aish's pregnancy with every little thing they find/happens, whatever!
I didnt like tht Arunoday dude in the first place..
@Topic starter: Why did you chose to use the title of your topic with the misleading title "Aishwarya Rai's Pregnancy Gets Arunoday Singh Fired From 'Heroine' " instead of the fact "Kareena gets Arunoday kicked out of Heroine?" Edited by kshreya2002 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by kshreya2002

@Topic starter: Why did you chose to use the title of your topic with the misleading title "Aishwarya Rai's Pregnancy Gets Arunoday Singh Fired From 'Heroine' " instead of the fact "Kareena gets Arunoday kicked out of Heroine?"

Because I wanted to show how Aishwarya is being blamed when she has nothing to do with it.

That was also the headline of the news of the first article I posted.

Originally posted by VanityGirl

Because I wanted to show how Aishwarya is being blamed when she has nothing to do with it.

That was also the headline of the news of the first article I posted.

This website which celebs.gather.com...no one has ever heard of it. More well known websites like mumbaimirror and zeenews havent posted any misleading news or contents on the same topic. So why highlight the misleading contents of some unknown website? On one had you accuse the media of harassing the Bachchans and Ash with misleading news and rumours. On the other hand you highlight the same misleading news and rumours from a website one normally wouldnt go to.