FF: Almost lovers (2)

maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Wow can't believe we reached thread 2! This is amazing and all because of you lovely readers! You guys are so supportive that it makes it worthwhile to write.

Please continue to aid and support me!πŸ˜ƒ

A
LMOST LOVERS

-------------------------

Summary:

Geet and Maan are married but we can see that the relationship is not what it seems.

Through flashbacks we see that Geet was in a relationship with a man named Rehan, who was also her best friend. However Maan fell in love with her and through means that are still unknown made her marry him.

Rehan had left Geet's life but after a long time they meet again at a party. Through the party we see the three interact and get an understanding of the dynamics of their relationship.

Geet is resentful towards Maan for a betrayal in the past and as such their relationship is still under a cloud of resentment and silence.

--------------------------------

Thread One:

Chapter One: Haunting Past - Pg 1

Chapter Two: Two Different Love Stories - Pg 13

Chapter Three: Mismatch - Pg 29

Chapter Four: Stalked - Pg 42

Chapter Five: The Other Man - Pg 60

Chapter Six: Fatal Attraction - Pg 77

Chapter Seven: Closer to the Prey - Pg 91

Chapter Eight: Anger - Pg 106

Chapter Nine: Silence - Pg 125

Thread Three
--------------------------------

INDEX
||
||
||
V

Edited by maan-ki-sanjana - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Downhill thumbnail
congrats dear on new thread
ursrithika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
CONGRATS FOR THE NEXT THREAD DEAR... WAITING...
mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
WHoa congrats sexy Sanji!! 
This story had to go gr8 guns!!
Little_Mermaid. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
CONRATULATIONS
PLZ UPDATE DEAR
I M WAITING
LadyArwen thumbnail
great job... and good going... amazing writer... but still waiting for an update...
namita25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
congo for the new thread dear..
abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
congo songo for new thread
waiting for the update
maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

ALMOST LOVERS

Chapter 10

Torn to Two

Your touch is malignant,

Creating an overwhelming need,

It starts from my toes

And grabs all thought

You are malevolent,

Creating an impermeable trap,

That I willingly let myself fall into,

And yet I seek escape.

---------------

PAST

Geet was a bit anxious at the Maan's comment about the necklace in front of Rehan. She hadn't told him about Maan's present because she knew that it would make him feel inferior. For her the price of his necklace was not important but Rehan would never see it like that.

"Thanks." She answered smoothly. "It's really nice of you to come to the party."

"Well how could I miss my partners birthday?" He said with a glint in his eyes.

Trying to include Rehan into the conversation, Geet changed the topic. "Rehan you have no idea how hard a task master Maan is." She tried to make a joke out of it and turned back to Maan. "It's always funny to see all your employees shake in fear when they see you."

"Well I could never scare you." Maan parried back. "Everyone knows that Ms Handa is fearless. Isn't that so, Rehan?"

"Of course." Rehan replied, not liking Maan's tone. "Geet doesn't let anyone get to her."

"That much is obvious." Maan interjected. "Anyways, I am sure you wouldn't mind me taking her off your hands''..for a dance."

Yes I do mind! Rehan thought with anger, but in front of all these people he couldn't say that to one of the richest men in the world. "Of course not."

And then he watched Geet walk with Maan to dance, but not before he saw her turn around to give him a reassuring look.

He watched the two of them dance and his heart throbbed at the picture of perfection they represented. Both impeccably dressed and smooth in their dance. It burned a fire of jealousy within him.

---------------------------------

PRESENT:

PLEASE LISTEN TO SONG:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gbOX3saYaw[/YOUTUBE]

Geet woke up with sunlight caressing her face. Opening her eyes, the first thing she saw was the sleeping face of her husband.

The sun is filling up the room
And I can hear you dreaming
Do you feel the way I do right now?
I wish we would just give up
Cause the best part is falling
Call it anything but love

She stared at the curve of his cheeks and the way his eyelashes rested there. His face was devoid of stress or anger, leaving behind the peaceful expression of oblivion. She could feel the rise and fall of his breathing against her hand, which was resting on his chest. His lips were slightly parted, no longer in their stern line.

He had not only seen her at her most vulnerable but had made her that vulnerable. He had been with her when she had lost hope and brought her back to life, only to make her realise that everything was an illusion. So today she could never let him even glimpse at her weaker side, it was only moments like this that she let her barriers down, when he couldn't witness the act.

Moments like this were rare because he always woke up before her, so she let herself savour this stolen bliss. She soaked him with her eyes, capturing every detail to ingrain into her heart. During such peaceful interludes she could pretend that she only loved him and that there was no hate in her heart.

And I will make sure to keep my distance
Say "I love you" and you're not listening

How long can we keep this up, up, up?

However the peace would last for a split second before the hate and resentment would come flooding back in.

And she would let herself drown in her revenge.

-----------------------------------

Their mornings were the same. Mr Khurana would get ready to go to Khurana building while Mrs Khurana would go to Handa Constructions.

Maan had always thought of himself as the consummate professional but his wife had beaten him at that as well. There was no problem at Handa construction too small for her to handle neither too difficult for her to solve.

Gone was the young lady who was taking steps in learning the basics of business, replaced by a powerhouse who not only knew all the ins and outs of her company, but managed to bring it back from the brink of destruction. Piece by piece she had made Handa constructions stronger, making it surpass its previous stature.

He knew everything about Geet Handa; from every mark on her body to the way she would curl her toes when her feet were cold. He knew what she liked, what she loved and what she despised. She had opened up to him herself. Yet there were time when he realised that he really didn't know anything about Geet Khurana, because her mask was almost as good as his had been. The woman whom he had married was quite different to his wife.

Yet, whether she was Geet Handa or Geet Khurana or just Geet, he would love her with an intensity that never ebbed neither could it be hidden.

And please don't stand so close to me
I'm having trouble breathing
I'm afraid of what you'll see right now
I give you everything I am
All my broken heart beats
Until I know you understand

"Dadima wants us to go for dinner tonight." Geet told him, while not even looking at him. "So be there are 7."

"What about you?" The words came out almost involuntarily and he almost winced when he said them because he knew that she hated being asked about her daily activities.

Looking up at him, she let her disdain show. "Me? I think you already know what my schedule is. Isn't that why you pay your spies?"

Maan's temper also started to rise. "Am I not even allowed to ask my wife what she planning to do for the day?"

"No." Her simple answer told him everything. With that one word she left the room, leaving him with only a glance.

And I will make sure to keep my distance
Say "I love you" and you're not listening

How long can we keep this up, up, up?

In marrying Geet he had wanted to gain a bit of her personality, the very essence of her being but it seemed that fate had other plans. Instead of him gaining her good parts, she had taken his personality. She had become Maan's mirror image; the cool and collected business tycoon.

-----------------------------

PAST:

After Geet's birthday party, Rehan started to feel anxious. He knew that Geet was in love with only him but somehow he also could feel that Maan Singh Khurana was going to change their relationship.

Geet had told him about the necklace later on, not wanting to make him feel bad about his present in comparison to Maan's one. However she couldn't like to him and as such had disclosed the truth. She had also told him that Maan had refused to take the present back but she didn't see it as sinisterly as he did.

Rehan knew that men like Maan Singh Khurana don't go out of their way for women unless they had vested interest and he also knew that Geet was the type of woman that any man could fall in love with. But what scared him was that someone like Maan would never lose to someone like Rehan. He only hoped that he was being paranoid and making a big deal about something that would turn out to be innocuous.

But all caution was thrown to the wind when he saw the newspaper this morning. Splashed across the society section was picture of Maan and Geet dancing with the headlines "The Khurana Prince dances away with the Handa Princess; the beginning of a new dynasty?"

It was like a slap on the face because Maan Singh Khurana was everything that he couldn't be; rich and powerful. He knew that there was disparity between him and Geet but today that gap was so prominent that it made him worried.

Geet had tried to calm him down by reassuring him that the news would die down once they realised that there was nothing between Maan and her.

Still he spoke to Geet about this, wanting her to see his point of view. "Geetu, I really don't like the way Maan was looking at you. There is something about the way that man looks at you that seems wrong."

While she had felt that there was something about Maan as well she didn't want to make Rehan worry because there really was nothing she could do at the moment since he was her father's business partner. So she tried to dismiss his concerns. "Rehan I am sure it's nothing."

Rehan was slightly frustrated about Geet's nonchalant response. "Geet I am serious here!"

"Rehan all I am saying is that you shouldn't let yourself worry about this. He is Maan Singh Khurana, not someone off the streets, he'll probably brush of the rumours as well." Geet tried to calm him down.

"I don't want you to spend time with him." Rehan finally shouted out.

This pronouncement left a heavy silence. Rehan knew Geet better than nearly anyone else, so he knew that one thing Geet absolutely despised was being told to do something or being manipulated. The fact that he would tell her to stay away from Maan was indicative of the fact that a part of him was suspicious of the story.

"Geetu I am sorr-" He attempted to fix things.

But she silenced him by raising her hand. "I have to finish this project, you know it's my father's dream. After that I will no longer meet Maan Singh Khurana."

With that she started to walk away, showing that even though she agreed with his request she wasn't happy with his reaction.

"Geet!" He tried to call her back but she only shook her head, not turning back.

---------------------------------------------------

PRESENT

As always she was bogged down by her work but her most important task was still underway. Inch by inch she had been working towards this and finally she was getting closer to her destination. Controlling the Handa Empire was relatively easy compared to the mammoth task she had taken but finally things were falling into place.

"Ma'am the NCA people are on the line." Her secretory, Harsh, informed her.

"Sure." She picked up the phone. "Hello Mr Lawrence. How is everything going?"

"Mrs Khurana, the latest developments on Khurana's latest development is being sent to you this very minute. Everything is going as expected." Lawrence tone was as always to the point. He had his nonsense approach to work that hadn't changed even when he had shifted working for her father to her after Geet had taken over.

"As always keep me updated." She commanded before putting down the phone.

So close...so very close. Yet the closer she got to her goal the more apprehensive she was but yesterday's incident had rejuvenated her.

"Ma'am." Harsh poked his head in again. "Mr Parekh is here to see you."

Rehan? Geet knew that she should have expected him to come but after the long separation it was still difficult to imagine him strolling into her office. "Send him in."

-------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR's NOTE:

As always I am floored by all the amazing comments!!

You guys are going to give me a massive head!πŸ˜†

So if you guys need explanation, I'll give some insight.

As you can see Geet is a very independent person and the worst thing for her is being controlled or being manipulated. That is why she was stung by Rehan's comment, even though that is what she would have done herself.

BTW: I love this Christina Perri song...and thought it goes perfectly with Maan and Geet's feelings.

And I just gave a big hint about Maan's mistake. πŸ˜†

So am I building the suspence?
What do you think is Geet's plan?

All these questions...and I can never give anything away until I have toπŸ˜‰

PLEASE DO COMMENT and press the LIKE button!!

Nothing motivates me as much as reading your comments

-SanjanA

Edited by maan-ki-sanjana - 12 years ago