Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Let's see!  They showed up to the killing of Bakasura, but after that, they hijacked it into the current track about Sudama, probably b'cos they hadn't finalized on a Draupadi.  Now their options - they may either resume the Mahabharata track, or they may start Krishna on some of his other adventures that don't involve the Pandavas.  If they do the latter, I do wish Balarama & Revathy are back - I miss them.
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
[QUOTE=.Vrish. they may either resume the Mahabharata track, or they may start Krishna on some of his other adventures that don't involve the Pandavas.  /QUOTE]

I also wish they show some of Krishna's other adventures- not the fictional kind they have been showing the last couple of weeks
Suneel_kumar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Let's see!  They showed up to the killing of Bakasura, but after that, they hijacked it into the current track about Sudama, probably b'cos they hadn't finalized on a Draupadi.  Now their options - they may either resume the Mahabharata track, or they may start Krishna on some of his other adventures that don't involve the Pandavas.  If they do the latter, I do wish Balarama & Revathy are back - I miss them.

thnx ๐Ÿ˜Š

i hope they continue mahabharat track soon๐Ÿ˜Š
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Suneel_kumar

thnx ๐Ÿ˜Š

i hope they continue mahabharat track soon๐Ÿ˜Š

so do I but they should show shri krishna story too along with Mahabharat track.
Vr15h thumbnail
From Draupadi's swayamvar onwards, Krishna is very much a part of the Mahabharata track, except during the Pandava exile (actually, to an extent, even during that - he met w/ the Pandavas and advised them, saved Draupadi from Durvasha, and he & Satyabhama once met the Pandavas on another occasion)

Only after the Ashwamedha yagna did Krishna & the Pandavas part ways.
Vr15h thumbnail
I have a question about Kuntibhoj & his son Purujit, the adoptive father & brother of Kunti.  Both of them fought in the Kurukshetra war and were killed by Dronacharya.  Question here - does anyone know which days they were killed, and the circumstances?  If possible, a citation on the Mahabharata pages would be really helpful.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

From Draupadi's swayamvar onwards, Krishna is very much a part of the Mahabharata track, except during the Pandava exile (actually, to an extent, even during that - he met w/ the Pandavas and advised them, saved Draupadi from Durvasha, and he & Satyabhama once met the Pandavas on another occasion)

Only after the Ashwamedha yagna did Krishna & the Pandavas part ways.

Yes absolutely, There is so much to show yet they are using fiction. I font understand their strategee
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NandiniPS

Yes absolutely, There is so much to show yet they are using fiction. I font understand their strategee

True and I would also like to know more about Subhadra. Like her origin and how she was before falling in love with Arjun. I never saw a serial focusing more on Yaduvansh. RS Krishna did in a nice way but I would love to see more on Balrams "kids" and how Dwarka was ruled.
Vr15h thumbnail
Aradhana

I had wished for the same thing, but from day 1 itself, this serial disappointed.  The only people in Dwarka then were Krishna, Balarama & Revathy; Vasudeva & Devaki made a brief appearance during Rukmini's wedding, and after Devaki temporarily got back her 6 sons, she & Vasudev disappeared.

Krishna had a pretty personality rich environment.  There was Balarama & Revathy, Ugrasena was king, Vasudev, Akrura, Uddhav, Satrajit, Prasenjit, Satyaka, Hriddhika (father of Kritavarma), Bubru and a whole lot of Yadava, Vrishni and Andhaka clansmen were there - much of this is discussed in the Doubts & Discussions thread of this forum. Some characters, like Satyaki, are important, as they feature prominently later in the Mahabharata war.  And Subhadra, like you point out - she grew up in Mathura & Dwarka, and it's pretty lame if they only show her after Indraprastha has been built.

But getting back to the serial, after Vasudev disappeared, Rukmini, Revathy & Balarama too disappeared after the killing of Narakasura.  They never showed Krishna's marriages to the latter 5 of his wives.  Essentially, Dwarka looks like a ghost town w/ just Krishna, Jambavati and Satyabhama there.  They introduced this serial showing Balarama as the ruler of Dwarka, which he actually never was, but on Monday, they showed only Krishna, Jambavati & Satyabhama in court distributing gifts - no Balarama & Revathy.

Sagar Pictures has done a piss poor job putting together this serial. The only attraction is Vishal, who does an excellent job as Krishna, otherwise, the entire serial is really mediocre, given the richness of the subject they are dealing w/.
Vr15h thumbnail
Okay, to segway off a discussion we were having here, here are some odd events that took place @ the time of the Rajasuya Yagna, that are worth discussing here.  They are the roles of the Kauravas and their attitude towards Yudhisthir accomplishing this yagna.

In the above thread, we touched on some of the oddities of the assigned directions of the Pandavas, vs where they actually went.  Here however, I wanted to discuss the attitude of the Kauravas & Karna towards Yudhisthir being acknowledged as the ruler of the world.

In the case of Hastinapur, Bheeshma had done what he could to ensure that Hastinapur never played 2nd fiddle to any other kingdom.  While it's unclear on what the relationship was b/w Bheeshma & Jarasandha (I'm using Bheeshma here since he was the only one common throughout the period that saw Santanu, Vichitravirya, Pandu and Dhritarashtra as the rulers likely to decide what the policy was on Jarasandha), it's more likely than not that for Bheeshma, the idea of Hastinapur acknowledging a foreign ruler as samrat - even if it was his own beloved Yudhisthir - was unacceptable.

What's even more strange is Duryodhan not seizing this opportunity to urge a war on Indraprastha.  After all, unlike in Kurukshetra, this was a case where the sovereignty of Hastinapur was itself being challenged, and so there could be no greater justification in urging Bheeshma, Drona, Kripa, Ashwatthama, Vahlika, Somadatta and Bhurishrava to join him in a war against the Pandavas.  And at that time, except maybe their matrimonial allies, like Kuntibhoj, Shalya, Drupada and Krishna(!), nobody would have likely joined the Pandavas in a war - not Virata, not Sishupala, not anybody.  So even if Arjun had confronted them, at the time, chances are that Bheeshma & Drona would have trounced him, while Ashwatthama, Bhurishrava and the others would have had a field day in overrunning Indraprastha and seizing it by force from the Pandavas.

I am assuming that other Pandava enemies - Shakuni, Jayadratha and others were defeated by the Pandavas in course of their battles against them.

So the great mystery here is - how did the Kauravas and Karna miss such a great - and legitimate - opportunity to defeat the Pandavas, and undertake the Rajasuya yagna themselves?
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago