Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tanu_816 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Hi Bro.
U know....i know ur name?????? and hayyyyyyyyyy u have given sooooo much info.....innocently πŸ˜‰ that i kind of know who u r...and hay i m gujju too.... πŸ‘
Kruts thumbnail

Originally posted by: innocentindian

saaru chhe, ke tamey aatla badha jawaab ek saathe aapi shakya - not only mine but everyone else's also πŸ‘

hee hee hee (he cackles gleefully, while rubbing his hands together!)πŸ˜†πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰ ....u see, herein was the hidden "one" word/phrase answer...hahaha, and I think I succeeded in getting it past u?πŸ˜ƒ...I come here cos I got involved in some very interesting discussions with peeps here, and thereby cyber-bonded....I come here cos I really like a lot of the people....I've been itching to get back to this thread all day, but my hands were tied and I couldn't...but it's the people that I've gone on to "know"..o well, it is your week...anything and everything you do is forgiven πŸ˜ƒ plus it is understandable that you got your hands tied - so no probs...you got me thinking though - i am assuming your wife's name starts with a U πŸ˜ƒ

he he...naah, it ain't just time-pass....You see, it was the mrs that used to watch astitva avidly....she used to tell me many many times to watch, but I just wasn't interested....then, once whilst she was watching, there was a very nice piece of dialogue uttered by saurabh (of all people! 😑)...it was after abhi had left simran for kiran and simran had become an angry woman (u guys remember that?) This pschological analysis got me interested and I became hooked (of course that Niki has more than a passing resemblance to Madhuri had everything else to do with as well!πŸ˜‰) But you see, in those days, astitva had a higher standard of story and dialogue...the actors, such as harsh chhaya, were also of a very good calibre...and I liked discussing the often real-life resemblances the characters and situations had in astitva...I can discuss at home, but here it is nice to bounce it off other like-minded and intelligent people as well....I think this is my main attraction to IF (and a resulting habit as well!😳), and that's it....not had any religious or other type of awakening from it tho'😊...hope this "not-so-deep-but-very-long-winded-answer does not disappoint u tho kruts😳) I am not easily disappointed πŸ˜‰ so i think you answered it very well πŸ‘

What kind of a person would your wife describe you to be? I asked her this (I know, a shame that I had to ask, but it's the truth)...she said I'm a nice guy, a very nice guy, loving and caring...personally, her answer surprised me, but at least it was something I can enjoy quoting...between u me and goalpost, I wouldn't believe her tho'...It is very sweet of her to say that about you - but between u me and the goalpost, i believe herπŸ˜‰

What are the things that bother you about other people? Can I say LOTS!!!  he he, ummm naaah, but one thing that comes to mind immediately is "two-facedness) good one πŸ‘ So it seems that you are a high profile individual in your social/professional circle...does it bother you when people try to "use" you for their own good? Or do you just brush it off your shoulder? 

If someone has traits that are basically completely against your personality, would you still accept them for what they are? Yes, I would. I know I would. I do. But these things are often a 2-way street, and they have to accept me as well....I know I have loads of faults, so why bother over others faults? πŸ˜•.I agree with you totally on this one - karmanye vaadhikaar aste - accept others for what they are...why worry about their opinions! right? πŸ˜ƒ If your kids went out of line by making some stupid decision, how would you handle them? I dont want to give examples because i dont want to give them any ideas πŸ˜‰

Are you critical of yourself or of others? tYes, but not as much as when I was younger....I used to be very critical of both myself and others but have mellowed now...I think it is not a good trait and is one which I would try and teach my children to be wary of...I wish that someday i can have the maturity you do...i tend to be extremely self-critical...gotta learn gotta learn gotta learn πŸ˜› Do you do any religious activity that has helped you reach a more sober state in your life? Just curious, please PM me the answer if you are uncomfortable in discussing it here.  

Do you set high standards for people in your life and expect them to adhere to those standards, or are willing and able to love them for what they are? No,, I can love them for what they are...I have learnt this, and I think it is something that has come with age and maturity...I think this is how it should be...just beautiful!! πŸ‘  πŸ‘ 

Hey, I enjoyed that...do keep it coming kruts...πŸ˜›πŸ‘ pure puro prayatna karvama aavshe!

to be honest, UK hasn't had that many pleasant experiences for me...I haven't given my name in public, but as I have laid a trail of breadcrumbs leading up to my door, I have decided to reveal it at the end...telling u guys about my UK experience is laying a trails of breadcrumbs, but at least I know the crumbs will be eaten...u see, I was born in Uganda, and in the exodus we had to go to USA...in South Carolina πŸ‘...I spent the best 3 years of my life there...then my father passed away in an accident somebody caused and almost ALL our relations were in UK, so that is where we came...I never wanted to, but it would make it easier for mum, so we did. I've not had such a great time here, being so close to relatives is very hard, but the fact is it is the UK that looked after me and got me educated etc...and for that I will always be thankful...that was when I was growing up. Now, my only reason to stay here is that both my sisters live around London. But they are settled in their life, so it's OK.I must say, whilst I haven't been so comfortable here, I must admit, there are many people here are more than happy to be here and that's how it surely can be as well....Kruts, u r sooooo right...this answer can go on and on...but I'll put a end here....unless of course, u or anyone else can think something else to ask along these lines, in which I will be only too glad to answer....πŸ˜› Now you got me worried if i have family members that are related to you πŸ˜† - no i know your name (yahoo mail, remember) and i dont think so...however, if we ever find out we are - please please please dont tell anyone what all i talk/write!! πŸ˜†. On a more serious note, i think that you are an awesome, very strong individual who has succeeded in spite of a lot of the problems. πŸ‘ SO, i have only one question here because i have no words to tell you how amazing your life story is - have you seen Mississippi Masala? Was it hard on you?

but other than the drinking,πŸ˜‰ Ireland will be quite a sober place to go to πŸ˜† i will definitely keep you posted on what i decide/get at the end πŸ˜ƒ   

the latter, to me....I think the latter can bring about the former, but in this day and age, I know there are people for whom the existence of the former only will lead to the latter (does that make any sense! πŸ˜†)...to quote from the Raamacharitamaanasa...."jahaa sumati taha sampati naanaa | jahaa kumati taha bipati nidaanaa||"...rouphly translated, this means "Where there is wisdom(good wholesome positive intelligence), prosperity of every kind reigns; and where thereis unwisdom (mean, wickedness, negativity) misfortune is the inevitable end"...I am inclined in this thinking.. Again - very well put...πŸ‘. I am sure that your wife is an extemely patient and awesome lady because you sound like a happy person and not many people are that way!! Fortunately, it seems that on IF (esp Astitva section) most people are happy...but still, i have to commend your thoughts and family who have helped make you who you are!

Really sorry to have made u wait so long...at least, it was long for me! πŸ˜•...Actually, sree asked me to do this the week u did it also but i declined cos I was gonna go to India but then that didn't happen...wish I'd done it then, cos I had a lot of time then...still am enjoying it so...O well, at least it was good fun for me to discuss so many things with you that week since you had the time πŸ˜ƒ

or you can just give single word answers

shucks!πŸ˜›πŸ˜³ Dude!!πŸ˜ƒ

no probs! hmmm, well u are free to reign as long as u want, as long as it's for this week only πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† What!!! I cant PM you questions later??? 😭😭 

enigma6 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hello II,

Loved reading ur posts. U sound like a very interesting and nice human being. I have always enjoyed ur posts on various topics abt. AEPK. Congratulations on being on the hot seat!! I really am surprised and do appreciate the fact that inspite of being born and brought up outside of India, u still can speak ur mother tongue and love India. I say this because, here in the US I have met so many ABCDs who can't or rather won't speak in anything other than American English. They Do Not want to visit India and somehow tries to shed off their Indian roots completely. This thing really hurts me. I have a 18 month old daughter, and I fear how she will feel abt. her Indian roots. Btw, how long have u been married? Does ur wife love UK? What does she do? What do u like/love best abt. UK? R u sad or glad that Astitva has ended? What did u best like abt. Simran?

So long for now...bye...take care.
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tanu_816

Hi Bro.
U know....i know ur name?????? and hayyyyyyyyyy u have given sooooo much info.....innocently πŸ˜‰ that i kind of know who u r...and hay i m gujju too.... πŸ‘

oh no!!!!!πŸ˜†

OK ..come on then ...2 things...

1) who r u?😊

2) will u keep respect my anonymity ..even from your friends and family? pls? ...do let me knowπŸ˜•πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜Š

See friends, this is actually what I wanted to avoid...😭

Edited by innocentindian - 18 years ago
innocentindian thumbnail

Originally posted by: krutilynn

Given the dork i am, i do know the answer to this one πŸ˜ƒ so i will answer this before discussing the previous answers you had posted. Basically, the sun is in Makar rashi at this time of the year. So it is called makarsankranti by some. Other people call it Uttarayan. The reason is that the wind supposedly changes the direction from southbound to northbound today. In Mahabharat, Bhishma had the boon of "ichha mrityu" and he waited until uttarayan in order to die so that he could go straight to moksha. It is said that in all holy things flow from south to the north, that is why your house should never face south direction because it means that you are going towards something un-pious (vaastushastra). So in short, uttarayan signals the change of the direction of the sun and the wind - which comprise of two main elements in hindu philosophy (fire and air). Thus, in gujarat people celebrate by flying kites (wind worship) and in some other parts of the country also, there are celebrations (pongal i believe falls around this time of the year, for instance).

vaah kruts, vaah!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ

so does the sun change direction as well? or more to the point, from earth/india, does it seem as if sun is moving northwards as well? Or is the "uttar" reference just related to the wind?😊

btw - will reply to your other post tonight...same with sindoorfan...πŸ˜›

Edited by innocentindian - 18 years ago
Kruts thumbnail
Yup, the Sun moves from the southern soltice to the northern soltice in January - in Irish culture this movement was thought to be around late october...and in south america around late december - hence the traditions of halloween and sun worship (Aztecs - originally christmas was a sun-worship festival that the Church incorporated within itself to make ritualistic transitions easier on people). Traditionally, in India it is around mid-January...i am guessing that this has something to do with the tilting of the globe...but i wouldnt bet on it πŸ˜†. Take your time about the other answers...
xyzee thumbnail

Originally posted by: innocentindian

I think the way she was always willing to see beyond the surface...the way she always tried to understand the situation at another level....cos only then could she forgive her mother-in-law...(the MIL of all MILS i call her πŸ˜‰)...the way she still watched out for abhi after all the immaturity he had displayed...her platonic friendship with manas was endearing...her soft-spoken manner (I bet Dr. Simran didn't drink that much beer!!!πŸ˜‰)...annd last but not least, her exquisite beauty...πŸ˜›...that's it in a nut-shell I suppose...But please ask more on this cos I'm sure I've left much out...πŸ˜ƒ

Nice analysis of Simran! I agree completely😊

Where in US were you? South or Bay Area or somewhere else?  Wondering where in the US the weather was much better than UK. LOL! I mean I know US has much warmer (in fact hot Summers which is OK with me as i like the SummerπŸ˜‰) but New York has brutal winters (much colder than London I guess) which I don't relish πŸ˜† Of course that maybe only me because of my severe dislike towards the cold, sigh..:-) I guess you meant US has probably more sunny days than England and probably not as rainy?

Was yours a love or arranged marriage?

Do you live in London or the suburbs?

If you do return to India, which place would be your first preference?

Edited by xyzzee - 18 years ago
tanu_816 thumbnail
Hayyyyyyyyyyy Bro...............don't worry....i m not going to tell any1....just chill.......now... πŸ˜‰
tanu_816 thumbnail
Hayyyyyyyyyyy Bro...............don't worry....i m not going to tell any1....just chill.......now... πŸ˜‰
innocentindian thumbnail

Originally posted by: krutilynn

Yup, the Sun moves from the southern soltice to the northern soltice in January - in Irish culture this movement was thought to be around late october...and in south america around late december - hence the traditions of halloween and sun worship (Aztecs - originally christmas was a sun-worship festival that the Church incorporated within itself to make ritualistic transitions easier on people). Traditionally, in India it is around mid-January...i am guessing that this has something to do with the tilting of the globe...but i wouldnt bet on it πŸ˜†.

Thanks for this kruts...it really was interesting...πŸ˜›πŸ‘

Take your time about the other answers...

probably within the hour now πŸ˜‰