Frequent Posters

innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
innocentindian thumbnail

Dear  kruti, chukkna et al...

There was a very interesting discussion going on earlier about kids and humbleness etc ... Due to time constraints, I couldn't add to that but there were some wonderful points that were brought up there...

As it happens, I hadn't thought about the points raised in so much detail until now...the contributions made have given me much to think about, and I thank you guys for that.

I will say this though chukkna, that the playground for kids can be quite a brutal place...and there really are some cruel and unkind kids there...I don't know if you have kids yourself, but if/when you do, you probably will find out...yes, we can discuss whether such kids are doing it innocently or not and all that, but the stark reality remains such kids do exist, and quite often our kids are not necessarily streetwise enough to deal with them...so one has to be aware of this...

Another point I would like to make is to quote from the shreemadbhagavadgiitaa...."prasannachetasohyaashu budhhihi paryavatishTate" (I think this roughly translates to 'the intellect blossoms in an agreeable and happy environment' (i've translated, but if anyone can do a better job, then PLEASE do))...I think this is what can help kids and adults...

So much has been said, it is difficult to add more, but I'd like to finish the completion of a partial chopai/line that was quoted...from the raamachariatamaanasa "hoyihi soyi jo raama rachi raakhaa| ko kari tarka baDhaavahi saakhaa||" (That which GOD has decided will happen, why bother with arguments and increase them - again just a VERY rough translation)....perhaps it is this latter thought that applies now, which is why I wont be inputting more (if there is any more to be input)....however, if anyone else does have anything to add, then PLEASE do...

Edited by innocentindian - 18 years ago
innocentindian thumbnail
OK peeps, I think my tenure here is coming to an end... 😭 😉

I've had a wonderful time here...probably more than anyone else did in their tenure 😉 ...in some ways, this thread has actually been a religious experience cos I have been forced to think about so many things that I hadn't thought of before...and mostly cos I have found out things about myself that I didn't know! I really appreciate that...wish I'd done this earlier now! 😆 ...

Astitva is ending here tonight (Friday)....and I think it's ending in USA next week or so?...Consequently, I think this section of IF will probably have a slow natural death, unless and/or until it is revived by the re-runs of Astitva, which probably wont happen for many months anyway...It's been a great ride here...having had interaction with such a wide variety of people has been fantastic...people have discussed the characters as if they really exist, probably because there are similar characters in their own life....and people have even discussed the material of sari's etc... 👏 ...that was all pretty cool, I think 😉 😆

People have already thanked sree for all her efforts...I'd like to extend my appreciation here...sree, you have done a truly wonderful job in running this forum as well as the updates...you've really cared about this place and made it a nice place for everyone to visit...and you know you've been a friend as well...as per your siggy, it sure would be nice to stay in touch...so thanks sree.. 😊 It's been great knowing you. 😛 🤗

I've already mentioned some people here, but that is not all..it's been great with each and every one of you...I'd luv to be more friends with all of you as well, so if anyone wants to, and has the inclination, to stay in touch then that would be just great...

I did say I would divulge my name...OK, well you guys will have to become Sherlock Holmes for that!...my name was cryptically mentioned in a list of names someone asked me about somewhere in this thread....take the third name from the last, and add the letter in the alphabet that comes after g to the end of this name....and hey presto! that is my name! but please friends, don't mention it anywhere in this thread (or i will manipulate it!) so that it doesn't reach any search engine!!(paranoid I know....but cautious as well, you know!)

Anyway folks, I don't think I've missed anything out...but if anyone has anything else to ask, then please continue do so here or by PM and it'll be my pleasure to reply 😊

It's been great knowing you all folks...God bless all of us, you and me! 😊 Take care friends 🤗
Edited by innocentindian - 18 years ago
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

II, I profusely thank you for taking out time out of your schedule, you have been a great MOW... Thanks for tolerating all my protests and requests for you becoming a MOW here.

We all had a great time having you in the Hot Seat. I would personally like to apologise here, bcos I have not been able to contribute to your MOW thread over this week. I have been ill for the first part of the week, then, got caught with some personal work which never ended.... I am sorry, for not contributing much... But, i really enjoyed your thread. I read everything just now, and I must say that you indeed had a very religious thread running here. Thanks for everything.

Wish you and your family a very good future. May you achieve whatever you have been thinknig of achiveing in life!!! You have been a very nice friend, guide and co-member of this section, thanks for being there when i needed your help...

Now friends, let us welcome our next Member to the Hot Seat... Please check out the other thread...

IF Development team