Sasural Genda Phool

Ridheema Tiwari is shooting with a fracture

GurpreetD thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
The going has been anything but easy for TV actorRidheema Tiwari. 

First, just two weeks into her serial Sasuraal Genda Phool (SGP), she suffered an auto accident and now, just a month later, she's fractured her toe and has been struggling to do her shooting schedules through all the pain. "It was so sudden. Though the floor was slippery, I had been walking about earlier too and then in one of the scenes I slipped badly and landed up with a fractured toe. I did feel sad and quite disturbed and asked myself 'what's happening'. I'm sure it's just bad luck and I hope nothing more happens to me," she rues, adding, "I can't take a break, as this is an important part of the show, so they have incorporated my limp in the serial, but hoping it heals soon as I can't wait to hit the gym again," says the actress. 

Replacing an actress who was already established is not an easy task, but Ridheema has managed to step into the shoes of Pooja Kanwal (who played Disha bhabhi till recently), very well. "When I got onto the show, all eyes were on me and I felt like there was a bombardment of scenes on me. But I am at ease now," she says. 

Meanwhile, she's taking one day at a time. "I have been trying hard to get comfortable with the characters and fit it in. I have to say the team has been very kind, especially Supriyaji. So many people have told me they have accepted me so it feels good," she grins. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thankyou for sharing. Well I am pleased to know that she's still working despite having an injury, it shows the mark of dedication and professionalism. Well done and wish you a speedy recovery.😃

GurpreetD thumbnail
Originally posted by: mjtruelegend

Thankyou for sharing. Well I am pleased to know that she's still working despite having an injury, it shows the mark of dedication and professionalism. Well done and wish you a speedy recovery.😃

Yep Di me too Loving her...Firstly I thought she wont be able to step in Pooja's shoes...Not cuz of acting but in popularity terms But she proved me wrong nd now me too think it was best interest of SGP that they changed Pooja...Well Beauty and acting r two different things ðŸ˜³
Mitu_ thumbnail
hi rubal, drop u to say hi 😃
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well I hope no one will mind me saying this but I am glad Pooja left. Sorry to say but she some how down graded Disha's character and made her unbearable for me but Ridhima is doing a lovely job and I can actually see the original Disha (from OBS) in her portrayal. I used skip all of Disha/Ilesh scenes but now I watch them because I LIKE Disha now!
GurpreetD thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mitaly..

hi rubal, drop u to say hi 😃

Hi Mits...Hows U doing????...Long time😊

iViews thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
"When I got onto the show, all eyes were on me and I felt like there was a bombardment of scenes on me. But I am at ease now," she says. 

Meanwhile, she's taking one day at a time. "I have been trying hard to get comfortable with the characters and fit it in. I have to say the team has been very kind, especially Supriyaji. So many people have told me they have accepted me so it feels good," she grins. 

Thank U Rubal , She is right  Ridhdhima started working & soon she had all the serious scenes , she did amazing work . Must say she makes me watch her scenes only even if Ragini is there . Really great work .  Ridhdhima Thank U for working despite of pain . This is a true sign of professional . 
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mjtruelegend

Well I hope no one will mind me saying this but I am glad Pooja left. Sorry to say but she some how down graded Disha's character and made her unbearable for me but Ridhima is doing a lovely job and I can actually see the original Disha (from OBS) in her portrayal. I used skip all of Disha/Ilesh scenes but now I watch them because I LIKE Disha now!

Absolutely spot on, I use to skip Disha,s scene before and loved Disha in OBS to bits , I am so happy that Ridhima is reviving the character of Disha which was missing before. And I agree with Rubal that acting and good looks are two different things , a good actor does not need a good face but a good face needs to have a good acting skills.
ShadowImbue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing and hope she get well soon😃That's the best quality of a dedicated actors they are always professional😊I agree sheema di and Adi earlier never liked Disha's character,Pooja's acting gave negative vibes to the character while Riddhima is doing a Fabulous job her acting has provided much needed calmness and poise to Disha's character.
Edited by firefly99 - 12 years ago
gendaphoolpn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i also agree that I like Riddhima better then Pooja, Pooja Kanwal added a negative streak to Disha's character. Riddhima goes into the skin of the character of disha..
Get Well Soon Riddhima😊...