Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ranbir.Fan thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Dexterphile

Amen sistah....😆 

Don't like the Mangeshkar sisters, Alka Yaginik, Kavita K, Shreya Ghosal and their ilk. The typical squeaky/shrill Indian voice is very off putting. Reminds me of a squirrel being choked somewhere.😕

I dont quite agree. They are really good singers in terms of voice as well as their singing abilities. Specially Shreya is truly talented singer with a beautiful voice. She has done phenomenal work in south, I consider her better than the regional singers too. Her tamil songs with Ar rehman are Awesome. A r rehman in an interview was asked who he considers most talented female singer in India he answered ''shreya ghoshal''. 

Its sad that the generation today prefers listening to all crappy singers specially male singers like Atif, Mika, Neeraj, etc.  I always feel Sonu, Shaan, KK and Shreya are the only perfect singers & true gems of indian music today.
Edited by Ranbir.Fan - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Micky_elle

I guess im in the minority here, but I like Alisha much better than Sunidhi. Alisha's singing in Kajra re was sexy. I also loved her singing in tera hone laga hoon..very dreamy 😍 altho she has not sung may songs like Sunidhi. I have never been a fan of any female playback singers, nor am I a fan of Alisha. But I feel she is way better than Sunidhi. sunidhi's singing annoys me, especially when she trys to sing in that accent 🤢 Sunidhi is still only known for her item songs nothing else!

Asha and Lata were the best female playback singers ever! But agree now they are no more  a pleasure to hear..but the songs that they sung..they have sung it all..cabaret to  romantic to peppy! Calling them over rated is a scarilege!!!😲

have u listened her album 'OM'😃
Ranbir.Fan thumbnail
I feel Alisha should have accepted the offer, nor the best thing she should have done, was she should have sung the song & refused to take the money. The MD's would feel guilty if she did so.

According to me Alisha is fab singer with a classy voice. She won a filmfare for Kajrare I feel she was awesome in that song. Whether anyone agrees or not but Alisha is way better than Sunidhi even though she has done few songs, I do miss her songs, I mean I feel bad that she didnt get the success she actually deserved. Her voice is sensuous & impactful. 

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

ehm...live performances can go wrong..yes singers can go off key once or twice...not for the entire duration of 3 hours, that she would be compelled to start lip syncing her song...thats plain embarrassing and an insult to the audience who paid to watch her perform live...

Ive seen udit, alka, hariharan, SPB, shreya, sunidhi,sonu nigam, chitra, shubha mudgal ...all perform live(Several times) and they go offkey once or twice at max (SPB dosent even go off key once..the man is like the god of singing)...

And many music directors claim that alisha dosent have a grip on her notes and keys...her voice is always needing some electronic enhancement or another...so whatever tracks we listen on the CD are electronically tweaked to make her notes sound good.

Her comments while judging indian idol too were useless, and prove she knows peanuts about the technicalities of singing...javed akthar and udit narayan themselves admitted that on the show...she has a gorgeous voice..that is about it. 

oh yeah the so called music directors of today...who actually depend on electronics and technology and blame others...can't forget the words of Veteran Naushad 'tht today's music directors don't even know A B C of music and how ironic tht India's gem the classical music has been raped so bitterly..and the lyricists have to go bazaar to find words to write their songs..🤣

and the reality shows are really fake like anything...remember the episode where alisha walked off and said she wont work with anu malik and then she sang 'bebo main bebo' for kambhqt ishq...so i don't really goes with these reality shows which seems more FAKE  than their mommy's PIEs

i don't like alisha being controversial and she keeps coming with such things..and its not the first time...she fought with music director BIDDU in such a typical manner too...she accused him tht he doesn't know music at all...yet i won't believe coz the guy gave such hit pop songs in india.

having said this, Alisha is great, m not here to draw comparisons...coz i think sunidhi is brilliant too...they both have different styles of singing...For Music, i go by my INSTINCT ..FOR ONE EXAMPLE...for once alisha's ghazal main hoon tumhari created ripples in my uncle;s heart when he felt better in his sick condition...her singing actually proved more effective for him than medicines...such an impact of the ghazal, becoz it was a masterpiece...and the sound does sound original not altered...what more proof i needed tht she is brilliant...
Edited by Neetu_GirlPower - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Ranbir.Fan

I dont quite agree. They are really good singers in terms of voice as well as their singing abilities. Specially Shreya is truly talented singer with a beautiful voice. She has done phenomenal work in south, I consider her better than the regional singers too. Her tamil songs with Ar rehman are Awesome. A r rehman in an interview was asked who he considers most talented female singer in India he answered ''shreya ghoshal''. 

Its sad that the generation today prefers listening to all crappy singers specially male singers like Atif, Mika, Neeraj, etc.  I always feel Sonu, Shaan, KK and Shreya are the only perfect singers & true gems of indian music today.

What does taste in music have to do with this generation or that generation? You like a certain kind of music because that's what you relate to. I can't comprehend the shrill Indian voice, hence I don't like it. Although to contradict myself, I'm sure I have liked songs by singers I loathe, but that's probably due to the entire package. Also, who are Atif, Mika, Neeeraj et al. Don't know their songs. I am not familiar with the typical Indian music of today all that much simply because its not my thing. I liked the old songs because of the package not because of the voices behind it. These days neither the package exists nor the voice. 🥱
Edited by Dexterphile - 12 years ago
FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

meena really? 😲😆...

I love asha bhosle...she has such a sexy voice...tanha tanha from rangeela, Kahin aag lage from taal, oh haseena zulfon waali from Teesri manzil, dil cheez kya hai from Umrao jaan, dum maaro dum,yeh mera dil...shes got amazing versatality...

to each his own..

I agree im not too fond of lata mangeshkar either...shes a good singer, but i dunt like the voice..especially these days...she suits the "mummyji" type songs like Lukkha chuppi in Rang De Basanti but not suitable to sing contemporary music...

oh god... have you people ever listened to Lata Mangeshkar songs? 

I don't think I even need to say anything here...where all that ppl have heard from Lata is Lukka chuppi!   

Originally posted by: ManaliS

oh god... have you people ever listened to Lata Mangeshkar songs? 

I don't think I even need to say anything here...where all that ppl have heard from Lata is Lukka chuppi!   

I did.. "Didi tera dewaar deewana, haaye Ram kudiyon ko daale daana".. 😆😆.. gave me a headache..😆😆
I liked Asha Bhosle in her earlier days. Was never a big fan of Lataji either. I just find her quite untolerable in high ppitches. her worst album has got to be Mohabbatein, was real real bad.

Originally posted by: Meena1

I did.. "Didi tera dewaar deewana, haaye Ram kudiyon ko daale daana".. 😆😆.. gave me a headache..😆😆

don't lie Meena, it did no such thing 😆
^.. 😆

and whoever sang Baharon Phool Barsaon.. should get an award for singing the most boring song ever.. that can put anyone to sleep.. even Starbucks wont help..