Alisha Chinai tells Vishal-Shekhar to "f**k off!" - Page 7

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by Dexterphile

Amen sistah....πŸ˜† 

Don't like the Mangeshkar sisters, Alka Yaginik, Kavita K, Shreya Ghosal and their ilk. The typical squeaky/shrill Indian voice is very off putting. Reminds me of a squirrel being choked somewhere.πŸ˜•

ROFL.. tell me about it.. 🀣🀣🀣🀣..sometimes i wonder if their voices are strong enough to pop that vein on Hrithiks forehead..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
im sure singers are underpaid but only Alisha has took a stand against it... i guess others dont want to ruin their career like her! Alisha isnt that good of a singer! i agree with Vishal that shes not a good singer but has a nice voice but he was really rude on twitter!

i think Shreya is the best singer and its amazing how she sings in so many languages!

Alisha complained before that singers dont get recognition for their songs and that they should be in the videos... but if people dont recognize her then her voice isnt special! its her own fault!

anyways which movie is this song for?? i wanna see it now! πŸ˜†
Edited by Nitu_ST_Deewani - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Meena1

..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Asha isn't all that great.. she is highly over-rated.. her Le Gayi Le Gayi was pretty bad.. i can't remember any of her other songs other than Chura Liya Hai.. which was alright..

You'll find that most of your favourite old songs would be sung by either Lata or Asha.. singers in the old days did not have the advantage of modern technology, no pitch correction software to save your ass, you really had to sing in tune in one take infront of a live orchestra.. most of the singers then as opposed to now, were highly talented.  With the exception of a few, most were formally trained, and those who weren't (Kishore, Mukesh) had a natural gift.

Nowadays, everything is done on computer, each track can be recorded independently, and singers can take as many takes as they want.. you don't even have to sing, you can simply speak the words, and then turn that into melody, which is why we have a preponderance of besura people topping the charts, as there's no need to make any effort.

Asha at her best, I preferred her to Lata

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5bEkgKTZmw[/YOUTUBE]

Originally posted by smartie_pants

sunidhi is terrific..and soo versatile too...she can sing something totally rocking and raunchy like bheedi jalaile and can do an equally wonderful job of soft melodious songs...and shes a gr8 performer on stage too..

I like shreya too, despite her voice being too convenctional..she has an amazing command on her notes and keys...

Shruti hassan has got the most kickass voice ive heard in recent times..and man...her singing is gr8!! they should really use her more as a singer...

Completely agree with you. Sunidhi is in a class off her own, she is so versatile and can sing anything. Anything. Shreya has fantastic control over her voice like you said, and she knows what works for her. And yeah, Shruti has an amazing voice. Really sultry, amazing voice.

I'm afraid Alisha has been a bit mad for a while. She's constantly going on about how badly playback singers are treated, but you don't see her fellow singers complaining. They all just get on with it. She's got a great voice but with the likes of Shilpa Rao around, there's nothing particularly special about it now.  I don't think she'll be getting what she thinks she 'deserves' anytime soon. 
He is so right...terrible signer with a lovely voice. It was a torture watching her live. My gosh.
V-S should pick Sunidhi...she is fab. Love her.
The fact that this thread is about Ar Rahman and RD Burman as legends of Bollywood music and the popularity of Sunidhi and Shreya just shows how much Alisha is lacking...she probably did this because she's desperate to bring her name back on the map and get some hit item song...sorry but I could not stand her after watching her histrionics for Meiyang Chang on Indian Idol...so many people would kill just to be a playback singer and she literally threw her chance away

Edited by koolchick - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Neetu_GirlPower

live performances can go horrible...and sometimes with even the best of people... i have seen udit narayan myself going out of the place at a concert...even the melidious alka yagnik once was seen going haywire in songs...

so how does tht suppose to make the singers terrible...what logic is thtπŸ˜•

anyways talking abt singing...Alisha has sung the bhajan 'BABUL MORA' fantastically in album 'OM' this proves enuff she is a fantastic singer...and she has a lot of fans too...doesn;t matter if i-f doesn;t have it...who really caresπŸ€”

ehm...live performances can go wrong..yes singers can go off key once or twice...not for the entire duration of 3 hours, that she would be compelled to start lip syncing her song...thats plain embarrassing and an insult to the audience who paid to watch her perform live...

Ive seen udit, alka, hariharan, SPB, shreya, sunidhi,sonu nigam, chitra, shubha mudgal ...all perform live(Several times) and they go offkey once or twice at max (SPB dosent even go off key once..the man is like the god of singing)...

And many music directors claim that alisha dosent have a grip on her notes and keys...her voice is always needing some electronic enhancement or another...so whatever tracks we listen on the CD are electronically tweaked to make her notes sound good.

Her comments while judging indian idol too were useless, and prove she knows peanuts about the technicalities of singing...javed akthar and udit narayan themselves admitted that on the show...she has a gorgeous voice..that is about it. 

Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago
Mehh..never liked Alisha Chinoy much. Sunidhi is a much better singer. 
Originally posted by smartie_pants

sunidhi is terrific..and soo versatile too...she can sing something totally rocking and raunchy like bheedi jalaile and can do an equally wonderful job of soft melodious songs...and shes a gr8 performer on stage too..

I like shreya too, despite her voice being too convenctional..she has an amazing command on her notes and keys...

Shruti hassan has got the most kickass voice ive heard in recent times..and man...her singing is gr8!! they should really use her more as a singer...

I totally agree Sunidhi is versatile, definately one of the best

Shreya has a beautiful voice but she isn't as versatile as Sunidhi

Shruti is awesome but she hasn't sang anything since Luck, she should really sing more

As for Alisha, based on what has been discussed in this thread it is quite clear how many feel about her. She needs to drop the attitude.