Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Meena1

..😆😆

Asha isn't all that great.. she is highly over-rated.. her Le Gayi Le Gayi was pretty bad.. i can't remember any of her other songs other than Chura Liya Hai.. which was alright..

meena really? 😲😆...

I love asha bhosle...she has such a sexy voice...tanha tanha from rangeela, Kahin aag lage from taal, oh haseena zulfon waali from Teesri manzil, dil cheez kya hai from Umrao jaan, dum maaro dum,yeh mera dil...shes got amazing versatality...

to each his own..

I agree im not too fond of lata mangeshkar either...shes a good singer, but i dunt like the voice..especially these days...she suits the "mummyji" type songs like Lukkha chuppi in Rang De Basanti but not suitable to sing contemporary music...

Originally posted by: masakaliii

Burman, Illayaraja those were the two great legends.

And i think Rahman is a living legend. he's the only one who comes close. he has the ability to mingle quality and creativity alongside a tune that everyone would want to hear. The man is a pure genius. I will naturally have a bias as i grew up listening to rahman, but i've searched far and wide, and expirimented with music from several languages, and nothing compares to Rahman.  The way the opening notes from Bombay's Kannalae sounds, the craze that partnered with 'Chaiya Chaiya', his tunes for Iruvar, Delhi 6, Alaipayuthey, the list is actually endless.    The man breathes music.

agree...his versatility is amazing..

I think hes given smash hits in every conceivable genre of music:
Hip hop, trance, jazz, western classical, indian classical, carnatic music, qawwwali, sufi music, techno, heavy metal, rock, fusion ,devotional, pop music, folk (rajasthani folk, tamil folk, sri lankan folk), afro jazz, item numbers, patriotic songs,love songs, rajnikanth introduction songs (yes thts a genre 😆 )..

phew...amazing guy...
Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago
wrong post sozEdited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I remember this song annoyed me like anything when i was a little kid. Alisha needs to stop with her spaz  when she isnt even tht great of a singer.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3I5NosQk3Y[/YOUTUBE]
narendra chanchal is the best singer in the world.period

(specially early in the morning here mom is playing that)

😆😆
Micky_elle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I guess im in the minority here, but I like Alisha much better than Sunidhi. Alisha's singing in Kajra re was sexy. I also loved her singing in tera hone laga hoon..very dreamy 😍 altho she has not sung may songs like Sunidhi. I have never been a fan of any female playback singers, nor am I a fan of Alisha. But I feel she is way better than Sunidhi. sunidhi's singing annoys me, especially when she trys to sing in that accent 🤢 Sunidhi is still only known for her item songs nothing else!
Asha and Lata were the best female playback singers ever! But agree now they are no more  a pleasure to hear..but the songs that they sung..they have sung it all..cabaret to  romantic to peppy! Calling them over rated is a scarilege!!!😲
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^ I actually like Alisha Chinai's voice too. but I didn't like her behaviour here. I think all the artists have their "own" voice. I enjoy most of them.  just keep making great tunes, thats all I ask for! 
_notinuse_ thumbnail
In bollywood, actresses get off by claiming songs they've danced to in movies as "their" songs. If singers are not recognized, demanding money is understandable.
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

meena really? 😲😆...

I love asha bhosle...she has such a sexy voice...tanha tanha from rangeela, Kahin aag lage from taal, oh haseena zulfon waali from Teesri manzil, dil cheez kya hai from Umrao jaan, dum maaro dum,yeh mera dil...shes got amazing versatality...

to each his own..

I agree im not too fond of lata mangeshkar either...shes a good singer, but i dunt like the voice..especially these days...she suits the "mummyji" type songs like Lukkha chuppi in Rang De Basanti but not suitable to sing contemporary music...

areh, suppper like this post =D

totally agree with you. Asha Bhosle does have a very sexy voice, and IMO she can sing anything and make it sound amazing. 
Also not very fond of Lata Mangeshkar, there's something excruciatingly melancholic about her voice, and on the other had I find Asha's voice muuuch more jovial
Ranbir.Fan thumbnail

Originally posted by: .shona.

I remember this song annoyed me like anything when i was a little kid. Alisha needs to stop with her spaz  when she isnt even tht great of a singer.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3I5NosQk3Y[/YOUTUBE]

Huh, Thats a really nice song ya😃 I loved it when I was a kid😛