Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

If you MUST try to change other people's opinions, can you at least bring out statistics related to music/ highest-selling records?

This list you've given doesn't "measure" RD Burman's supposed superiority, all it does is show which movies have grossed the highest in theaters

and no, the music doesn't make the movie
How does Music and movie performance really connect? How about putting up the groos sales of albums, pretty sure Rahman would feature in a minimum of 7 out of top 10.

I like Burman saab,but its just that I like Rahman's music better.
Edited by Gobsmacked - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: VanityGirl

This is what Vishal tweeted

"Just read an entertaining article in the Mid-Day. Apparently Alisha asked V+S to "f**k off"! Ahahahahahaha! That never happened. She sent a list of demands to sing a song, we just said "no, thanks!" She's a terrible singer with a lovely voice (ALWAYS electronically corrected). And now, she's completely mad, apparently. Poor thing."

He called her a terrible singer with a fabulous voice. Wow!

i guess he's the delusional one..πŸ˜†πŸ˜† i hope he didn't say crazy mad cuz thats just plain rude..πŸ˜†
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ARR is very versatile. he does churn out assembly line songs for a lot of movies but in between comes a few albums that are pure genius. He comes out of tunes that are out of the box. Infact I have had to listen to his good songs a few times before I feel in love with them. In recent times His Delhi 6 was a masterpiece. I enjoy it today as much as I did when I first heard it.

Originally posted by: liverach

If you MUST try to change other people's opinions, can you at least bring out statistics related to music/ highest-selling records?

This list you've given doesn't "measure" RD Burman's supposed superiority, all it does is show which movies have grossed the highest in theaters

and no, the music doesn't make the movie

do u really need i should do ht...even i did the movie sholay will win hands down...and music doesn;t make the movie but movie itself can't be made without it...MUSIC contribtes a lot to a film's success...or otherwise rahman wouldn;t be standing here...even songless movies need background music to run...

for the record...i posted a thing tht doesn't really mean tht it is made to change other opinion's and why would it be...? i know the members will keep coming and naming RAHMAN their favourite...dats not my point...i m in my own NUTSHELL to say tht rd burman saab is best...and i can post whatevr i post...unless its really offensive 
Edited by Neetu_GirlPower - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

agree with vishal here...alisha has a lovely voice but she cant sing for nuts...i saw a live performance of hers and she was horrible...went off key soo many times it was shocking...then when the audience started to leave, they put a CD in the background and asked her to lip sync her own songs...it was so embarrassing to watch her do that..

Im pretty sure her voice in songs is always electronically corrected.

thats more common than we think.. i went to a Jagjit Singh concert at my school and he was terrible to say the least.. kept on yelling at the sound people and than was bugged because someone kept moving the drapes backstage..πŸ˜†

even Atif wasn't the greatest live, but i'll take him over Jagjit Singh..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Music mein koi competition nahin hota, i hardly like Rahman's 4-5 albums, some songs, but i can't deny his universal appeal and massive fan following...

I love Burman da... even if i hear 1 song of him, it cheers me up...

So we shud not argue in Music competition, i have seen on INDIA FORUM, we all have maximum likes for Music only...

Originally posted by: desigal90

Team VIshal Shekhar!
I think V-S are quite respectable composers and I doubt they decide the financial matters either. They're probably being restricted by producer and the film's budget.
Anyways, SUNIDHI over Alisha anyday.
I just went to her concert two weeks ago. What a PHENOMENAL singer. Sent goosebumps up my arms on several occasions and totally brought the house down.

yea. Sunidhi over Alisa anyday.. Alisha's Kajrare gives me an ear infection..πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

agree with vishal here...alisha has a lovely voice but she cant sing for nuts...i saw a live performance of hers and she was horrible...went off key soo many times it was shocking...then when the audience started to leave, they put a CD in the background and asked her to lip sync her own songs...it was so embarrassing to watch her do that..

Im pretty sure her voice in songs is always electronically corrected.

live performances can go horrible...and sometimes with even the best of people... i have seen udit narayan myself going out of the place at a concert...even the melidious alka yagnik once was seen going haywire in songs...

so how does tht suppose to make the singers terrible...what logic is thtπŸ˜•

anyways talking abt singing...Alisha has sung the bhajan 'BABUL MORA' fantastically in album 'OM' this proves enuff she is a fantastic singer...and she has a lot of fans too...doesn;t matter if i-f doesn;t have it...who really caresπŸ€”
Edited by Neetu_GirlPower - 12 years ago
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Burman, Illayaraja those were the two great legends.

And i think Rahman is a living legend. he's the only one who comes close. he has the ability to mingle quality and creativity alongside a tune that everyone would want to hear. The man is a pure genius. I will naturally have a bias as i grew up listening to rahman, but i've searched far and wide, and expirimented with music from several languages, and nothing compares to Rahman.  The way the opening notes from Bombay's Kannalae sounds, the craze that partnered with 'Chaiya Chaiya', his tunes for Iruvar, Delhi 6, Alaipayuthey, the list is actually endless.    The man breathes music.