Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Alisha Chinai tells Vishal-Shekhar to "f**k off!" - Page 3

MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
by the VS also chorethey also lift the music but chori kay liay akhal ki zaroorat hai aur woh pritam kay pass hai

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

This content was originally posted by: VanityGirl

I think A R Rahman is hands down the BEST music composer of today... and the only one who deserves to be compared to the likes of R D Burman.

plz no body can come close to RD in today's time and at his time he couldn't come close to his father...classical music in black and white was really very impressive...we had the melody to proud abt...now its just meh...and RAHMAN HAS churned few best movie albums roja bombay to name a few..in today;s time his music is not as soulful as he started first
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
This content was originally posted by: Neetu_GirlPower

plz no body can come close to RD in today's time and at his time he couldn't come close to his father...classical music in black and white was really very impressive...we had the melody to proud abt...now its just meh...and RAHMAN HAS churned few best movie albums roja bombay to name a few..in today;s time his music is not as soulful as he started first

I agree RD is super awesome. But so is ARR. And till date I still very much enjoy Rahman's songs. He's in a different league altogether!
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I think A R Rahman is hands down the BEST music composer of today... and the only one who deserves to be compared to the likes of R D Burman.

TOTALLY agree with this =D

ARR is indeed the only one I find comparable to the likes of RD Burman as well

on topic: 
Chinai needs to buy chill pills and eat them by the dozen. I've been reading her whole "playback singers don't get their due respect" jupping for quite awhile now, and I hate how thankless SHE is to her own job.
IF she has any knowledge about Bollywood music, she'd know that Lata Mangeshkar is hailed as one of the world's best singers, and she had the verrry same job that Alisha sought out to work with herself.

It's not all playback singers that don't get their due respect- Lata Mangekshar, Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle, Sunidhi Chauhan, Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan, etc etc
they've all made a great name for themselves in this profession, and people KNOW them. It's no longer the case that people hear their voices dubbing for actors, and aren't able to recognize who the real singer is.

So in all honestly, its Chinai's own fault that she hasn't gotten the credit that she thinks she deserves so badly.
Edited by liverach - 12 years ago
^^incidentally, Sunidhi, shreya, VS, SEL, Amit trivedi, ARR...all recieved the RD burman award for upcoming talent in music when they started off..from filmfare...

Most of ARR's songs are just about as timeless as those of other RD burman et all..he introduced a new sound to indian film music altogether...
Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago
MaSqUeRaDe thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I never thought Alisha was a great singer..She has a wonderful voice though:) Sunidhi and Shreya anyday over Alsha..Sunidhi is damn versatile and has so much energy in live shows..She has got a powerful voice and can experiment wuth every genre...I am amazed by Shreya's ability to sing in all languages with such perfect notes and her pronounciation of lyrics is better than the regional singers

ARR music is magic..And he has a huge steady fan following in every part of India..I dont think any music director has influenced both south and north with his music like ARR did

I agree RD is super awesome. But so is ARR. And till date I still very much enjoy Rahman's songs. He's in a different league altogether!

like i said Rahman is good for the present generation...and he has made enuff for him tht other music directors will find tough to match him in coming generations.

but comparing him to RD BURMAN sahab is just pointless..he is a LEGEND..and i think RAHMAN himself would agree to it...churning hit songs and giving great music is almost two different things...rahman's current albums are suffering quality loss...becoz he works on so many things altogether...anyways he;s still the BEST amongst today but RD BURMAN is RD BURMAN noone can close to him as same like in acting for AB or Rajnikanth

PERIOD! 
Edited by Neetu_GirlPower - 12 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
She Said Something... now They Said something... hisaab barabar... 
I enjoy Rahman's music the most and although I also like RD Burman, but for me Rahman was, is and will continue to remain India's best musician.

I WILL put the records how BILLA does...

Rahman is much more behind than Rd burman...the music of sholay was epic...and the world know how ghajini's music was

Highest-grossing Bollywood films throughout history

The following is a list of Bollywood films, which have had the highest theatrical nett grosses (up to that time), according to BoxOffice India.com.

List of highest-grossing Bollywood films throughout history
YearMovieRecord HeldStudio(s)Nett Gross
1943Kismet6 yearsBombay TalkiesIndian Rupee symbol.svg1,00,00,000
1949Barsaat2 yearsR.K. FilmsIndian Rupee symbol.svg1,10,00,000
1951Awaara1 yearR.K. FilmsIndian Rupee symbol.svg1,25,00,000
1952Aan3 yearsMehboob ProductionsIndian Rupee symbol.svg1,50,00,000
1955Shree 4202 yearsR.K. FilmsIndian Rupee symbol.svg2,00,00,000
1957Mother India3 yearsMehboob ProductionsIndian Rupee symbol.svg4,00,00,000
1960Mughal-e-Azam15 yearsSterling InvestmentIndian Rupee symbol.svg5,50,00,000
1975Sholay19 yearsG.P. Sippy ProductionsIndian Rupee symbol.svg15,00,00,000
1994Hum Aapke Hain Kaun...!7 yearsRajshri ProductionsIndian Rupee symbol.svg69,75,00,000
2001Gadar: Ek Prem Katha5 yearsZee TelefilmsIndian Rupee symbol.svg73,75,00,000
2006Dhoom 22 yearsYash Raj FilmsIndian Rupee symbol.svg80,25,00,000
2008Ghajini1 yearGeetha ArtsIndian Rupee symbol.svg114,67,00,000
20093 IdiotsCurrent holderVinod Chopra ProductionsIndian Rupee symbol.svg202,57,00,000