Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Waiting eagerly for the next update :)
please update soon!😆

arsh_for_ever1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Hey!! Sorry for the late comment !!
First off, i'd like to congratulate you for the successful closure of Remember Me!!!
It was a awesome end to the ff...
Now about Love happens... The idea is great... really amazing...
i can totally picture shilpa as a special agent and armaan as a rock star...
great start... do continue soon and thanx for the pm...

Vanshika
noseasync thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
grear part
Loved it
Continue soon!
Riddss thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
nice part
continue soon
_Afrin_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hey!!!!! 1st of all congratualtions for the new ff and sorry for being so late...
and thanx for all the pms...
another different and interesting concept...
loved it...so Arman is a singer and Shilpa is in charge of his case...it was so exciting...and its more interesting that ArSh knew each other from b4...and why i m smelling that there was something in between them????😆
anyways eagerly waiting for the next part...
cont super soon...
m4manju thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail + 7
omg love shilpa as a dashing police officer ⭐️ and looks like armaan and shilpa share some past here 😲 sorry for the late comment ... want to knw hw this story proceeds... cont soon amani 😊
angullgrl91 thumbnail
ooh awesome part :) im quite sure there's a story about ar's past...
cant wait to read more :)
skippy02 thumbnail
Nice concept! waiting to know about AR's past and future!! Cont soon and thanks for the pm. 
DarkerThanNight thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hey..update soon..
Eagerly waiting for the next part.. 😊
amaniM thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Hey guys!

Thanks  a zillion for appreciating and liking "Love Happens". I am updating the Part 3 hope you like it and don't worry all your questions will be answered int he upcoming parts. Till then enjoy and keep reading.

Part 3

Muskaan opened her eyes wide: is that the only thing you are going to say! Come on armaan! Special Agent Shilpa Malhotra and you know each other, I want details.

Armaan looked at muskaan and smiled: what do you want to know?

Muskaan: everything!

Armaan grew serious: we grew up together, actually our mothers were friends, so even before we were born we were together. We were born with a gap of two weeks but even in my earliest memory I can remember her. Her father is a professor at a college, nice guy! A good father, he had always something positive to say, he always encouraged me to follow my dreams. I use to spend all my time at their house wishing it was mine.

Muskaan sympathetically: you lost your father when you were young? (this was the first that armaan was talking about his past, even though she worked with him for the last 5 yrs she didn't know much about his family)

Armaan looked startled and then thoughtful: no! my father died much later when I was an adult.

Muskaan: then?..

Shilpa: His father was a drunkard who liked to use his fist on his wife and son when he had a little too much to drink.( When they had left the hotel they had gone directly to the site of the concert)

As they had reached the concert venue the interrogation started. Shilpa answered rahul's question same as armaan was doing muskaan's.

Shilpa: Billy uncle! I mean armaan's dad worked in a company's finance department. A far as I remember they had a comfortable living but he could just not hold his drink. I remember meeting Ananya aunty once after he had a go at her, not a pretty sight(shilpa shook her head at the memory as they made their way to the stage)

Rahul: what about armaan?

Shilpa: aunty tried to shield him from her husbands' drunkard rages but…(she trailed off) I remember we were hardly 6 or 7 yrs old, I went over to their house as it was a weekend, just walked in without ringing a bell. Uncle was holding him by the scruff of his collar while he slapped him with the other hand, aunty kept begging him to let go of armaan but he pushed her away and started to pound at him. I couldn't take it I rushed towards him and started hitting him at the back with my small fists. Without even looking at me he pushed me back making me fall to the ground. I got back up and raced back to him, without thinking about it I sank my teeth into the hand which was holding armaan.

Both rahul and shilpa crouched and had a look at the markings on the floor then walked up to the shattered lights.

Shilpa: he literally howled in pain but I didn't let go until he let go of armaan. I remember jumping back from him and yelling at armaan to run while uncle screamed in pain holding his hand and cursing me. Poor boy was in shock that I grabbed his hand and ran with him across the yard to my house, up the stairs to my room and hid under the bed.

Armaan sat staring off in the space, in his mind he saw those memories as a movie, his gaze shifted back to muskaan who was looking at him intently: I don't know how long we sat there under the bed, with shilpa holding on to my hand. Finally her mom came looking for her only then did she come out dragging me out along with her. One look at me and her mom got the whole story from shilpa, she cleaned me up and waited for shilpa's dad to come back before she took me back home.

Suddenly armaan got up unable to sit still: They took me back home and Professor Shashank Malhotra threatened to call police on my dad if he ever raised a hand to me and my mom. Shilpa was forbidden to enter my house when my dad was at home but that didn't stop us from being friends. The next day when I went to school I never thought she'll even interact with me but she came and sat with me. During recess she took my hand and took me to the play ground and asked me to play ball with her. That day forward shilpa and I were friends, we did everything together, playing basket ball, studying for exams, everything. She was my only friend, being with her helped me get through those tough times. (armaan stopped lost in his memories looking out the window of the room)

Muskaan gave him a moment: then what happened?

Shilpa looked up from the shattered light and looked at rahul who was looking at her intently: we grew up! The situation at armaan's home hadn't changed much the difference was that armaan had grown up and filled out. He could've easily knocked him back any time his dad raised his fist to him but he didn't b'coz of his mom. So he took the hits so that he would lay off his mother, it was tough for him then.

Rahul: but you were there for him!

Shilpa smiled thinly: you can't be there for something like this!

Rahul: you were so close what happened that you two lost contact.

Armaan shrugged his shoulders at muskaan's question: we grew apart I guess when we entered college. We had different subjects, started mingling with other people, made new friends. 10 yrs back I left Panchgani and came to Mumbai to make my music career and lost touch with her completely.

Muskaan: well its sad that you both drifted apart, the way you were talking about her looked as if you two were very close. Well this is great that you two have met now after such a long time, you can always catch up now.

Armaan gave her a small smile: maybe!

Rahul looking surprised: shilpa! this is the best time!

Shilpa stood up dusting her hands on the seat of her pants: in case you are forgetting we are investigating this case plus couple of another cases which are under investigation, we just don't have enough time. Now lets go and have a look at those tapes of the concert.

While shilpa and rahul looked at the tapes of the concert armaan sat in his room thinking about shilpa. He could not believe shilpa was here in Mumbai, there were times over the years when his mind had wondered about her but he had resolutely pulled it back. When he had left Panchgani ten year back he had never thought he would meet her again. He had never thought that she would become a cop, never knew she wanted to be a cop.

Shilpa stared at the tapes as if her life depended on them, the sooner she got the case solved the quicker she could get away from all of this, from armaan. Rahul sat beside her and peered at the tv screen where armaan keot singing and dancing.

Rahul: I still can't believe you never told me about armaan! We've been partners for 8 yrs, first during training and then on the elite force but you never said anything. Even now! Look at you, atleast give me one secret of his.

Shilpa looked up from the screen and grinned at him: sorry I don't give out my friends' secrets. (her gaze swung bck to the screen and lighted on something she had missed before. She went back a couple of minutes on the tape and watched it again) rahul look at this! Do you notice that laser beam following armaan!

Rahul focused on the screen again: it seems to be centered between his eyes or right on his heart. It seems that our shooter had armaan in his/her sights for a long time.

Shilpa nodded her head: lets look at the angle of the laser and compare I to the surrounding area, I'm sure we'll find the place from where the shooter took his shot. Upload all these images to the computer along with the shots of the surrounding area. Run the program to figure out trajectories and angles, lets nail this thing.

While rahul tackled the computer generated data shilpa looked around the venue, noticing the line of trees on one side of the boundary wall of the venue. She walked towards the trees looking beyond them to see the surrounding area and noticed the buildings across the road. Shilpa looked back to the stage and did a rough calculation in her head, looking back at the buildings. She stalked back to rahul who was hunched over the computer fingers flying across the keyboard.

Shilpa: rahul, I think we've got something! The buildings on the other side of the road, my gut says that the shooter took a shot from there.

Rahul looked up with a grin: well your gut is right b'coz the trajectory also follows it and narrows it to one of the two options.

Shilpa: so what are we waiting for? (both immediately left the venue and crossed the street towards the buildings.

Rahul: according to my calculations it can be either of the two buildings. This one is a fifteen story building and the additional advantage of a rooftop terrace plus it does not have too many occupants. The other one has 18 stories but has more occupants than the other one.

Shilpa: My bet is on the first one!(they entered the building and made their way to the stairs. Taking two stairs at a time they reached the terrace on the roof top. A quick scan showed no particular object for hiding was visible, they broached the side on the concert venue and true enough it gave a good view above the trees.

Rahul crouched down and found a shell casing, shaking out a evidence bag he quickly pocketed it: bingo!

Shilpa: with the distance it has got to be a sniper riffle, the rest the forensics can determine! Lets get this to the lab first.

Rahul: I think to be sure we should make them run through this roof top also.

They went down, talked to the owner of the building, posted a couple of the police constables so that no one would go up on the terrace and spoil possible evidence. By the time they were finished it was night.

Rahul: you want to report to commissioner tonight?

Shilpa grimaced: no! lets do it in the morning! Plus I'm dying to take a shower, commissioner would just have to wait till the morning.

The next morning rahul and Shilpa made their way to Commissioner's office only to find out that he had gone to the Hotel to meet armaan and they were also supposed to meet him there.

Armaan sat infront of the commissioner acting as if he was listening to him, he left the talking to muskaan and abhi as his mind continue to wander and puzzle over shilpa. His mind snapped back into present when he heard shilpa's name being mentioned.

Muskaan: you are very confident of Special Agent shilpa and rahul.

Commissioner: they are the best! They have handled tougher cases than this, going under cover to draw out drug lords and underworld dons.

Abhi: why is that we have never heard about them in news or seen their pictures in parades or special ceremonies.

Commissioner: if they're faces would be well known they won't be able to do their jobs.

Armaan absorbed all the information and was about to ask a question when the door opened and in walked Shilpa and Rahul. For the life of him armaan couln't take his eyes off her, yesterday when he had looked at her covered with grime and sweat in those unflattering camouflage pants and t-shirt, he had recognized her. Today she stood before him in white cotton shirt tucked in form fitting blue jeans with heeled boots, she wore a light weight tan jacket. Her hair was again swept away from her arresting face in a pony tail.

He stood up as they approached him but it was the impact of her direct gaze which made him catch his breath. Those green eyes still had the power to make him believe that they could look into his soul, he felt pain and realized muskaan had pinched him on his arm to draw his attention.

He realized while he was lost looking at her, both shilpa and rahul were giving the Commissioner a report of their findings.

Commissioner: so what does that tell us?

Shilpa: the original thought that maybe a crazy fan had taken a shot no longer holds true. From whatever evidence we've been able to gather its obvious that it was a professional hit. He could've had you dead at any time(directing her gaze and words at armaan) you are not b'coz you were lucky you stumbled and fell.( a hush fell over the room)

Abhi: maybe someone just trying to scare us.

Rahul: maybe! Or maybe someone actually has it in for you armaan! Do you have any enemies?

Armaan running a hand through his hair: I don't know! I mean naturally there are people who don't like me! there are people who might even wish me dead but wishing me dead and then going out and doing something about it are two different things.

Shilpa: we understand! But you need to think about it! All of you!(looking at abhi and muskaan) I need you to give me a list of all possible names  of people who have an issue with armaan.

Muskaan; do you think he'll try again!

Shilpa looked her directly in the eye: yes! He/she is a professional, until and unless the job is done, s/he keep on trying.

Armaan: what about my family? My mother? Is she in any danger!

Rahul: armaan! Till now the focus has been you I don't think your mother is in any danger or your friends but we don't know the extent to which the sniper can go to get you.

Muskaan: what are we suppose to do then? Lock ourselves into our houses and don't come out!

Shilpa: no! that won't make you any safer! Look beef up your security! Wherever you go make sure of the security arrangements before hand and yes armaan doesn't go alone anywhere.

Abhi: we've already taken care of the security arrangements! The guys outside the door were the new bodyguards.

Rahul: fine! In the meanwhile we are going to keep looking and hopefully the situation will be resolved before you know it.

Before anyone could react the door to the room burst open and two guys ran into the room screaming: Armaan!(heading straight for him)

It happened so fast one moment they were looking at those guys running straight for armaan the next one of them was flat on the ground while the other had his face pressed against the wall. Rahul stood above the guy on the floor who was wheezing to get his breath back as rahul had grabbed him by the throat and flung him to the ground. The other guy shilpa had plucked by his collar and slammed him hard against the wall. With the other hand she had the guys arm twisted aganst his back.

Every one with the exception of the Commissioner stood stunned looking at rahul and shilpa. The body guards who were supposed to be stationed outside the door came running in after being given the slip by these guys.

Shilpa pushed the guy she was holding towards them: take these two outside and hand them over to the officer on duty down stair (rahul also grabbed the guy from the floor and pushed him out the door)

Rahul: I believe your security plan just flopped!

Shilpa: they were only fans but it could've easily been the person who was hired to kill you. (looking pointedly at armaan then directing her gaze towards armaan) I'll get in touch with a few guys who are good at this sort of thing. I'll give you their numbers so that you can make arrangements with them.

Commissioner: no! no other agencies are going to be involved.

Rahul: but sir! This one is no good!

Commissioner: I know that rahul! From this point onwards armaan's security is going to be handled by the police department. Rahul! Shilpa! you are going to be looking over the security arrangements.

Shilpa: sir! That is what I was telling you before, I know people who are good…

Commissioner cutting her: I mean you and rahul are going to be on Armaan Malik's protective detail, personally.

Shilpa stood there with her mouth agape, then stuttered: but..but sir! What good would we be at a baby sitting assignment!

Rahul: sir! We've got other cases also we can't just leave them.

Commissioner: enough! I'm not asking you to neglect your other cases but at this point armaan's protection is a priority and you are my best people. I'm handing you this responsibility!(he walked out of the room leaving behind an irate shilpa and rahul behind)