Akshara Column: Sheer Nostalgia

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Akshara's Corner: Rashmi's impending marriage, got me nostalgic

Hello friends, as Rashmi's wedding date draws nearer, all of us in the family are hoping and praying that after all the glitches, the event goes off smoothly. To be honest, I am feeling happy and sad at the same time.

I am happy for Rashmi as she is about to begin a new life with Nikhilji, who loves her so much and sad that she will be leaving us and settling in America. We will not even be able to meet her often. The past few days have made me nostalgic about moments spent with Rashmi. It is rightly said that one realizes the importance of a person only when he or she is no longer there for you.

I remember the day when I entered the Singhania family as a newlywed bride. I was nervous about getting along with my new family but it was Rashmi's bubbly and easygoing nature that put me at ease. I felt like I had found a younger sister and I could speak to her freely. There were times when Rashmi, who is normally kiddish, proved to be mature. I remember once when I was upset at Naitik, she convinced me to forget my anger and make up with him. If it was not for Rashmi, maybe our fight would have lasted for a longer time. Rashmi also came to Naitik's and my rescue at times when we needed permission from Daddaji to go out.

Normally, it is seen that sisters-in-law do not get pally but in our case, it was totally the opposite. Rashmi is like the sister that I never had. After Varsha, if there is one person with whom I can share my feelings, give and get advice, joke and have a good time - it is definitely Rashmi. I have seen her grow from a bubbly teenager to a mature woman.

I also have many special memories of times spent with Rashmi recently. Like the time where Rashmi did not like the guy which the family had selected for her. Rashmi revealed her feelings to me and even though I was scared initially, I decided to inform Gayatri Ma about Rashmi's decision. I just could not let Rashmi ruin her life by marrying someone she does not like.

The cooking classes that I had attended with Payal came in handy when Gayatri Ma wanted Rashmi to learn to prepare continental cuisine as she will be going abroad. I taught a nervous and inexperienced Rashmi to cook from scratch. I can now proudly say that Rashmi is capable of whipping up a delicious meal. I recounted instances about my pre and post wedding days to ensure her that the nervousness that she is feeling is natural and she will be able to overcome them. All brides worry about the small and big detail. I also remember sharing my secret meetings with Naitik with Rashmi when I found out that she was meeting Nikhilji. It is fine if she is chaperoned. I also understood both her and Gayatri Ma's perspective regarding the ring Nikhilji gave her. I told Rashmi that even Naitik gave me a ring but it was post our engagement.

We had so much fun shopping for the all the ceremonies and I enjoyed guiding Rashmi and sharing all the lessons that I have learnt with time, after marriage. I just hope that Rashmi proves to be a good wife and daughter-in-law and makes us proud.

Friends keep writing to me at [email protected]

Fan comments

Gurmaninder Kaur- Hi Akshara didi I am Gurmaninder from Punjab. I am a big fan of YRKKH. You are very sweet and beautiful. I like you and Naitik very much. Didi,I am a hostler, that is why I missed many of important episodes of the show. But when I come to home in holidays, I never missed a single episode of it. I wish to have a chance to meet with you and Naitik. I also wish this show never comes to end.

Akshara- Thanks for writing in Gurmaninder. It is good to hear from you. Thanks for all the wonderful compliments and kind words. Do keep writing in and tell me about your experiences in the hostel and the friends you have made there. Take care.

Saritha- Hello Akshara, I love you so much and your show it's very beautiful, simple and sweet without any negativity. It portrays the real characters which we can see in our day to day life. I love yours and Naitik jodi very much for me you are the best couple. You look really great together, want see more of our Naksh scenes and you looked very beautiful on Rashmi's sangeet and sagai episodes, waiting to see you on wedding. I hope this time also you try something different and look very beautiful.

Akshara- Hi Saritha. I am glad to know that you love Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai so much. Thank you for all the compliments and you will have to wait for sometime more to see what look I sport at Rashmi's wedding. Keep watching the show.

Dayawanti Rana- I think you are absolutely right Akshara, hiring a wedding planner doesn't mean that you should go on spending what ever they say and agree to them, it is like a formal contract between the two and it is Naitik who should understand that getting the best is on one hand and thinking economically in all the situations is another. You two being the future of the family have to take care that the economic funds of the family are not washed off at one go.

Akshara- Hi Dayawanti, thanks for writing in. It's good to know that you understand my viewpoint. I am not against spending money but it is wasting money on unnecessary and invaluable things that I feel is wrong.

Prerna- Hi Akshara. I think Chandni is behind the theft and I also think that marriage should be simple and in a traditional way and the girl side should not feel inferior and should be according to wishes of both the sides. Anyway all the best and take care of Naitik. love you and all the best.

Akshara- You may be right Prerna but for now we are not suspecting anyone as we don't have any proof. We will look into the matter after Rashmi's wedding as we don't want to ruin the special occasion for Rashmi and the rest of the family.

Meena Maharjan- Hi Akshara I'm Meena from USA. I loved your show and I never missed any episode from your serial. It was so good to see you new looks and i loved your role as a bahu (daughter-in-law) because you inspires lots of bahu's how to take care of household matters. You are great Akshara.

Akshara- Hi Meena, it's good to know that you are a regular viewer of our show. I am glad to know that you think I am an inspiration for other bahu's. The compliment brought a big smile on my face.

Hill Road Media  Monday, July 25, 2011

0  LIKE

http://starplus.startv.in/news/2038/akshara's-corner-rashmi's-impending-marriage-got-me-nostalgic.aspx
Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pvlaks thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks   for  sharing   the   article ðŸ˜Š
saru.g thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing...

article is full of rashmi bhajan ... 😡😡😡
she didn't even mentioned naitik's fractured leg and his eye infection..
_Divya_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: saru.g

thanks for sharing...

article is full of rashmi bhajan ... 😡😡😡
she didn't even mentioned naitik's fractured leg and his eye infection..

Who is naitik my dear ???? he is just a punching bag AngryAngryOuchOuchOuch poor guy OuchOuchOuch pity on him OuchOuch
_Divya_ thumbnail

Btw thnx 4 shring 😊

Sari di... wen r u cming back 😆