Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: shwetak_23

I think Ram was scared when he came to meet Priya but then loved the way he went on making connections with How and why he hates Priya...expressions were so good. I loved the both the scenes coz last time the situation was different.And this time they just talked about themselves, I know the scenes was not justified properly and suddenly Priya's character looses its track but somehow I feel both scenes can not be compared.

Yeah, Priya was playing with her ring while explaining her plan,I think I have to watch it again

I loved RP ..awesome chemistry and amazing timing ..Sakshi n Ram ..good job.

Hey Shweta - yes, I too loved Ram in this episode, especially since he had a real right to be mad at Priya. And noticeable that he didn't actually allude to the outburst of Friday or list that in his reasons for not liking Priya, even though he had a right to do so!

@ShaiqMadiha - hi! Lovely analysis; the nightmare dialogue really was hilarious...I was expecting a punch line, something like "Priya brought me tea and then stabbed me with a knife"...but the entire sum of his nightmare was that she was his bedroom with a cup of tea πŸ€£ No wonder Vikram couldn't stop laughing πŸ€£πŸ€£

Originally posted by: nureat01

And now finally the last scene of the epi...it was entertaining for sure...the bantering was well enacted by Ram-Sakshi...in some ways, the petulance seems overdone given that their relationship had sort of evolved in the rain-balcony scene...but ah well...I guess no Kekta show is complete without childish bickering b/w the leads. 

In response to your question...I'll say I liked the previous restaurant scene more...the way the bindi scene was incorporated...Priya's sly digs...the ending with her tripping and him laughing...lol...awesome scene all round...today just seemed like a bit contrived...especially the ending with the "proposal"...so now the setting for this marriage happening has become even  MORE cheesy and forced in...haha...bravo Kekta, bravo...obviously jab tak MAJBOORI ki shaadi na ho, show mein mazaa kahaan se aayega. 

@Anu - I'm beginning to believe that the writers who wrote the first few scenes were on drugs when they wrote those scenes, and now they are clean and sober which is why we are getting fed crap πŸ˜† but chalo, if we have to live with it, so be it. Sooner or later there will be a point when we have to make a decision to continue watching or to let go. I'm not there yet, so that at least is good πŸ˜† otherwise what the hell else will I watch?! πŸ˜†

You're right that the petulance is over done - I'd expect scenes like this immediately after the car accident / Nuts' kaand misunderstanding; since we've had the roka scene, the balcony scene and the garden scene, this is too much a step in the wrong direction. It's like every time they take one step forward, they take two backwards. The proposal really was the most contrived but ever - as hamzanuha said, what was with the getting down on one knee bit? But I really did awww at the fact that even though he is so pissed at her, Ram is still such a gentleman that he would not let her get down and rather shift his rather hefty frame towards the ground πŸ˜†

@Aparna - Genelia was dumb but comparing the two scenes on their own merit; Genelia's character was screechy and plain obnoxious. She actually went down to Fardeen's meeting place and shouted at him and his client, giving him a heart attack, for the love of God πŸ˜†

@hamzanuha - hi! Of course you can call me Vasu; what can I call you?  

Originally posted by: hamzanuha

Vasu (may I call you that?), finally I get to answer one of your fab analyses posts. Last week has been so hectic, but I'd read your post & the replies regularly. Aw thank you, that's so sweet! Glad to see you here; keep posting! 

The Natak scene was totally πŸ€’ And that loser of an ex-boyfriend πŸ€’🀒 The guy can't act & personally I can't stand him. What's EK trying to do? Turn a mature romantic story into a nightmarish triangle? I think more than Nuts, Kartik needs to be assessed by a psychiatrist. And that slow movement towards a kiss wasn't titillating, it was simply irritating. Abusive relationship? Hell yes, not only from both Kartik & Nuts, but towards us poor hapless viewers. God only knows who this was meant to be for. No one I know would ever be with a girl like that for more than five minutes...no one sane anyway πŸ˜²

Onto better things...

Like Ayesha's scene today, the girl is not all fluff but has some substance which seems to get lost in Shipra's ambitions for her. Like the sisters' scenes as they seem so true πŸ˜Š True, true - I like the relationship between the sisters; rings more true than any of the others that's for sure!

Priya's subconscious has recognised Ram to be her Mr. Perfect. And that's why she keeps thinking of him as such. Agreed that he has his faults, but then nobody's perfect, yet everyone's perfect for someone or the other in this world (hope I made sense). You may be right! πŸ˜† Jaane anjaane Priya's subconscious recognises that this man might just be a match for her. And yes, you made sense πŸ˜†

Personally, all the three restaurant scenes have been good, all different but good, especially the last two.

• I loved Ram's over-the-top flailing every time he got angry: "Will you please let me FINISH?!" πŸ€£ and the whole "one good idea every four years" thing πŸ€£ True & his voice would rise & he'd realise his surroundings & immediately lower it only for it to rise once again πŸ€£πŸ€£ This bit was hilarious - how he noticed his surroundings, took deep breaths to cool down and then flared up again! πŸ˜†
  •    I feel it was his revenge for Priya interrupting his speech πŸ˜† And your comment about the mellow tone is so true (hate it when it happens to me) & designed to irritate Priya no end πŸ€£ You could be right - this was his not-so subtle way of one-upmanship against Priya: "You interrupt me? I'll interrupt YOU" πŸ˜† 
  •  Was Priya so agitated about the meeting that she was fidgeting with her ring? Yes, she was playing with it since Ram's arrival. And why did Ram have to godown on bended knee to pick it up? Maybe he knew the trousers wouldn't be able to stand any more abuse  πŸ€£LMAO πŸ€£

I liked today's episode after the Thursday's screaming match. Looking forward to tomorrow & the day after episodes. And looking at the PH's track record, it'll probably be a good week, 1 good week followed by 1 bad one.

So do I qualify for a siggie? πŸ˜† Ahh, yes, you do πŸ˜†

Good night Night! Lovely analysis - come back!

Originally posted by: Cinderella100

I think Ram is going to acccuse Priya of instigating the journalists, thereby forcing their marriage.

Hi Cinderella - you could be right. Though it would be stupid of her since she has heard already how much Ram does NOT want to marry her πŸ˜†
Edited by psawyer - 12 years ago
Mahi623 thumbnail
Vasu, you are right, today was mostly  Ram's episode. He was great in both the restuarant and the Vikram scenes. Of course, I kind of have started taking the awesomeness of Ram and Vikram for granted.

The restaurant scene actually had continuity. They made a reference to the original restaurant scene with the bindi dialogue. The fact that bindi fiasco was completely dialogueness, yet both Ram and Priya remembered is just awesome. I also loved Ram's little "i thought you don't know how to plan' line. Subtle reminder of the last episode. It gives me some hope that the consequences of Priya's little speech will actually be dealt with.

In fact, Ram shone throughout the scene. The pills, the irritabililty, the messing with the silverware, the apologizing to the waiter after speaking brusquely to him, this was all classic Ram, and it made the scene enjoyable. But I think what was missing from the scene was classic Priya. Ram could have had that scene with any generic female who was angry at him, and of course, irritated by his little ways. The beauty of the original restaurant scene was the fact that in their own ways, both Ram and Priya were equally odd. If Ram wouldn't let the bindi fixing go, then Priya, too, pulled the bindi out in frustration. Here, it was mostly Priya reacting to Ram's quirkiness instead of both of them reacting to each other's quirkiness.

Little things:

While I know that Nuts/Karthik scenes normally suck so I have no expectations from them, but what I particularly hated was the slap. Now I know that slaps are common in the TV world, but I don't like how morally justified Karthik feels when he slapped Nuts as if she needed to be taught a lesson. Also, clearly, Nuts enjoys this type of treatment which I personally find rather repulsive, though it is consistent with her character.

Priya taking that book out of her bag to read was hilarious because it's what I would do.

The kitchen scene was great in it's own way. I loved how Priya decides to storm off to take a walk because her family is annoying her AFTER she finishes clearing up the whole kitchen. This IS the real Priya.

I loved Ayesha in that scene too. She said exactly what I would expect her to say. It was utterly practical, and sensible with just a little sister I ccan guilt you into doing this thrown in. She still showed signs of her slightly self absorbed nature, but it's pretty clear that not only does she does not hold it against her sister, but she actually wants what's best for Priya. And she wants Priya to decide what's best for Priya. The same way, Priya wanted Karthik and Ayesha to decide what's best for themselves.

This is the second reference to the whole Shirpa is not Priya's mother. At this point, I think they are leaving that window open for now.. Though, right now, I think it was a natural build up from what Shirpa has said in the past two episodes about Priya being the "parent" in the house.

Vas, I think Mr "Perfect" stems from Sudhir's he's perfect for you remark but I agree that's carrying it too far.

No comments about the contrived proposal except we have to have a contrived misunderstanding plot once a week  just to make us appreciate non contrived things more in our lives
Edited by Mahi623 - 12 years ago
xTimax thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
EditEdited by xTimax - 12 years ago
Nish10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Since the engagement is supposed to be on the 6th which is wednesday, i was wondering what would they show today after all that happened in the last episode.. i missed the first 10 minutes and watched the part where nuts ex is begging her to come back ( i wish i had missed this part instead of the first 10 mins).. Coming to the restaurant scene i never thought it would turn out hilarious.. i thought they would have some serious arguments.. There were so many punch lines from both ends.. wow!! i wish we have more of them... Loved it when priya said " aaina hai jaib mein" Ram: kya and immediately checks his pocketsπŸ˜†.. lol.. that was so cute.. upar se neeche tak defects ki dukaan haiπŸ˜†.. next was "din mein jitne ghante nahin hote utni aap davaiyan lete hai"πŸ˜†.. priya was at her firing best.. i wish niharika and co got to see a jhalak of "submissive priya"..
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I love the previous restaurant scene, the bindi, rain, irrigation and Ram's burst of giggles when Priya tripped :)

Ofcourse, it's going to be good week, with a generous dose of neurotic behaviour by the entire cast !!!!!  The creatives seem to suffer from severe mood swings and resulting in characters/traits and plot being inconsistent! Perhaps, EK is still auditioning directors🀣

You know I love your analysis ... give me a siggie and I'll flaunt it like no other πŸ˜†

@trinket ^^ LMAO πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ especially at the bolded part...emotional blackmail, huh?! πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£

Once again, Mahi - you echo my thoughts. Maybe I have a split personality...and you are one of them...πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Mahi623

The restaurant scene actually had continuity. They made a reference to the original restaurant scene with the bindi dialogue. The fact that bindi fiasco was completely dialogueness, yet both Ram and Priya remembered is just awesome. I also loved Ram's little "i thought you don't know how to plan' line. Subtle reminder of the last episode. It gives me some hope that the consequences of Priya's little speech will actually be dealt with. Yes, continuity-wise this was a good episode; in fact during that scene I was reminded of Sakshi's interview with SBB/SBS in which she said that small, subtle things from previous episodes will be tied into newer episodes. As long as they keep the continuity up, especially in RP scenes, I am happy. 

In fact, Ram shone throughout the scene. The pills, the irritabililty, the messing with the silverware, the apologizing to the waiter after speaking brusquely to him, this was all classic Ram, and it made the scene enjoyable. But I think what was missing from the scene was classic Priya. Ram could have had that scene with any generic female who was angry at him, and of course, irritated by his little ways. The beauty of the original restaurant scene was the fact that in their own ways, both Ram and Priya were equally odd. If Ram wouldn't let the bindi fixing go, then Priya, too, pulled the bindi out in frustration. Here, it was mostly Priya reacting to Ram's quirkiness instead of both of them reacting to each other's quirkiness. @bold - you are TOTALLY right; you've said exactly what I was trying to say in a much more roundabout way πŸ˜† we were missing classic Priya for some reason; her spark, her Priya-ness was missing. I hope that comes back very soon otherwise this is going to become a very one-sided affair. 

Little things:

While I know that Nuts/Karthik scenes normally suck so I have no expectations from them, but what I particularly hated was the slap. Now I know that slaps are common in the TV world, but I don't like how morally justified Karthik feels when he slapped Nuts as if she needed to be taught a lesson. Also, clearly, Nuts enjoys this type of treatment which I personally find rather repulsive, though it is consistent with her character. Exactly my thoughts - though she deserves it, Karthik needs to be bigger than that. Especially since it is clearly having no effect on her. 

Priya taking that book out of her bag to read was hilarious because it's what I would do. That is SO what I would do, and DO! πŸ˜† Little touches like that make me believe in this show...

No comments about the contrived proposal except we have to have a contrived misunderstanding plot once a week  just to make us appreciate non contrived things more in our lives LMAO - you are so right. This is probably what it is...

By the way, loving your Angel avi and the Priya/Ayesha & Buffy/Dawn sigs...very nicely linked πŸ˜†

P.S I knew this sig thing was going to come back and bite me in the ass πŸ€£
Edited by psawyer - 12 years ago
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
 Great post Vasu and excellent analysis...Happy 4rth  of July Celebrations to all my American friends... We too  celebrated Canada Day last Friday.

Just watched the show now...Enjoyed the show except for Nat's and Kartik's crazy behaviour. Kartik becomes someoneelse when he is with Nats...Signs of enormous  hidden anger and obsessive love. It's plain addiction. I too don't like physical abuse  but on hindsight as  Dewdrop pointed out Nutty Natz spoilt brat   had it coming. ...Men hate competition and she kept on goading him to the  point of no return ...

Loved Priya and Ram's  verbal fights, Agree with all your points.🀣🀣🀣 What  got  me  in stitches were Priya's dialogues:     Upper se neeche tak defects ki dhukan... Buy a mirror...too good ...eating more pills than the number of hours in a day... good plain talk abt drinking water and NatureπŸ€£πŸ˜†

Did u see Priya fiddling with her hair?  Signs of a girl  getting attracted to the opposite sex...In spite of all their duels they are bound by Fate. They both came to break the proposal and agreed too... look what happenned.
I love Vikhram! He's awesomeπŸ˜†

Liked both the restaurant scenes ... today's too.  It was unique in its own way. I'm predicting lots of crazy behaviour till Wednesday when on Thursday it's going to be an icecream cake treat for the viewers.πŸ˜ƒ

Mahi623 thumbnail

Originally posted by: psawyer

Once again, Mahi - you echo my thoughts. Maybe I have a split personality...and you are one of them...πŸ˜³πŸ˜† Hmm. maybe... except that one personality of yours seems to be a Buffy-Angel shipper, and the other a Buffy Spike shipper, and you know that's just insane troll logic.

By the way, loving your Angel avi and the Priya/Ayesha & Buffy/Dawn sigs...very nicely linked πŸ˜†

Thanks! And thanks for teaching me how to pull these off. πŸ˜Š And, yeah, the second I saw that Priya Ayesha scene, I knew it had to go with the Buffy scene. And of course, I adore Cordy. And I am shutting up now because much like Ram, I suffer from OCD which explains my compulsion to bring Buffy up obsessively everywhere..
P.S I knew this sig thing was going to come back and bite me in the ass πŸ€£

Of course not, your analysis post usually has...what?.. sixty replies. You only have to say good bye to your life for like two months...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

MysticNights thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: psawyer

Happy 4th of July to all my Stateside friends!! πŸ€—

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fail to understand why people who don't want their phone to ring in an important situation don't just turn it off. Is it the fault of the person calling them?? Karthik, you idiot, next time just switch your phone off...if only to save us poor audience members from having to sit through an excruciating Life Partner repeat. Except, I guess Nuts is not as screechy as Genelia's character was in that scene...which is not to downplay the annoyance factor of this scene. 

Anyway, moving on to the more important stuff...the random evil news editor - no, wait...that's not it. The random Karthik voice double and Akash-Nuts, yes that's what I wanted to talk about. No, maybe it was the super-fast talking, spiky-haired fool begging a girl to take him back. πŸ˜• The jealousy-invoking nutty Nuts begging/tricking a guy into kissing her? The slooow motion moving towards the melding of lips, the idiotic fight, the THIRD slap of the show (man, Nuts should be careful of marrying this guy - that's twice he's slapped her πŸ€’). Hell, this is one heck of an abusive relationship. Ah, screw it - I couldn't give a damn about any of this. 

Why does Priya keep calling Ram Mr Perfect? Neither has he nor has anyone else ever termed him perfect...toh where is this chip on her shoulder coming from? πŸ˜• Even her haddi-less father knows he has faults...

Okay, let me just start off by saying that if this scene has taken place week or so ago, I might have enjoyed it more than I did. But then last week was such a step backwards that today's scene was actually a step forwards (when it reality it brought us right back to the place we were after the original restaurant scene). Anyway, to avoid confusing myself further, I'll move on to some thoughts about this scene:

• HOW cute was Ram when he sat down with this terrified look on his face, playing with his fingers?! πŸ˜³πŸ˜† Awww, so sweet - see, this is what Priya has done to a confident man. Made him too afraid/angry to even look at her...
  • How hilarious were they arguing about how much alcohol there was in a pina colada πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ and Ram going on about pineapples, much like Priya went on about irrigation in the first restaurant meeting πŸ€£ 
  • On that note, though - Ram should really ask for his money back; as that was NOT a pina colada, but plain pineapple juice. Trust me, I know πŸ˜†
  • I loved Ram's over-the-top flailing every time he got angry: "Will you please let me FINISH?!" πŸ€£ and the whole "one good idea every four years" thing πŸ€£ 
  • I really enjoyed Ram playing about with the table settings every time Priya would open her mouth, and then sitting back, folding his hands and saying "please continue" in this school-teacher/psychiatrist mellow tone, as if he was hanging off her every word πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ 
  • The idea of the two of them pretending to be friends until Nuts-Karthik's wedding would, of course, bring them in close proximity every so often, giving them a chance to like each other for real. And with the added museebat of the reporters capturing Ram's "proposal" πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£  (how hilarious did they look running into the room like losers?), this is only one more opportunity for them to come closer. I don't understand how Priya's ring came off, though - didn't see her playing with it. 
Before I forget, I really liked (once again) Ayesha in the first scene. Every one went on trying to insult/shame/guilt Priya into marriage - your ages are similar, I don't want people to say bad things about you, why would you listen to me, I am not your mother? etc etc.  Only Ayesha said, "He is the best choice for you". No qualifiers - just those words. Okay so the line about her life not being so good was a little ...dude, you've only lost a lottery you didn't actually play; the world as you know it hasn't come to an end. But I liked her prompting Priya to go and see him at least once, and Priya accepting only for her, and Ayesha saying someone has to be Priya after she leaves. It's nice to know that Priya is her role model, even though sometimes she doesn't deserve to be. 

I also loved Ram telling Vikram about his "nightmare" of Priya bringing him the tea in the mornings πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ 

Point to be noted - Shipra saying that "I am not your mother". Did she say it in one of this fits of anger where you say just about anything, or was it true? Judging by the non reactions from everyone, I'm guessing the former.

The episode was so-so. I liked the restaurant scene but not as much as I might have enjoyed it this time last week; Thursday's episode still has left a mark on me and I feel very strongly that Priya should apologise about that. After all, we don't want to scar Ram for life πŸ€£ And as you can tell from the above points, most of the things I loved were instigated by Ram. I love Sakshi to death, but Priya's outburst needs to be dealt with in a proper manner. 

What did you all think? Prefer this restaurant scene or the first one? Also, more importantly, a poll - do you think we are going to get a good week, or a psycho week? Post your predictions now - the winner gets a sig made by me!  πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ 

Wonderful post vasu πŸ€— 
Can i say that Ram was about to run away from priya...it felt like Ram was a student who was scared of teacher (priya) ji 🀣

the scene was too funny and at the end finally the story has a chance to move forward. But yaar kya sapna tha yaar 🀣 priya chai la rahi hai...wah πŸ˜†

p.s. love ur siggy box...yaar mujhe PM land pe le ke jaye gi...right now I'm in KaSh land...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't know what to make of the episode...in the end everyone starts to become irritating...and I feel the stage has been set for Priya to be scapegoat...ie Ram will assume Priya fixed it so that she can trap him into marriage...

I just want to know why do characters just tapak pare in the soap...ie nutty's boyfriend...looks like a dumb teenagers who is probably a junkie just like her...
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Vasu after last week of diastrous incident, this week seems better. I vivdly remember commenting that BALH seems to permenantly go for a roller coster ride, a week of high followed by a low.
This week seems to be on the upward swing and hope it just stays there.
    HOW cute was Ram when he sat down with this terrified look on his face, playing with his fingers?! πŸ˜³πŸ˜† Awww, so sweet - see, this is what Priya has done to a confident man. Made him too afraid/angry to even look at her... This clearly shows that Ram is already affected by Priya. Deep inside his heart there seems to be a soft corner or feeling that has already made its presence felt.Hes just too wound up to acknowledge and realise it.Probabaly if he stops taking all those pills for all maladies he may be a normal person recognising his own feelings.
  • How hilarious were they arguing about how much alcohol there was in a pina colada πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ and Ram going on about pineapples, much like Priya went on about irrigation in the first restaurant meeting πŸ€£ ... It actually shows that Ram is nervous about Priya and whenever he sees her alone in close quarters he seems to digress from the main issues. A typical reaction of person who is affected by the other, trying to avoid and evade his inner voice.
    On that note, though - Ram should really ask for his money back; as that was NOT a pina colada, but plain pineapple juice. Trust me, I know πŸ˜†... Yeah I know, it was a mistake ram made. Actually as a person whos very meticulous and fastidious he should have looked given a second look at what palced before him. But alas, no he was more interested in slightling Priya .In that very moment he had lost the battle against his heart. Wake up Ram; look deep inside,atleast that pineapple juice should help you in bringing back to reality. 
  • I loved Ram's over-the-top flailing every time he got angry: "Will you please let me FINISH?!" πŸ€£ and the whole "one good idea every four years" thing πŸ€£ ... He he he. And while saying this, his words seems to escape  through the skin of his teethπŸ˜‰.No sooner thaqn he said these words Priya came with a bang and said that his good  idea too comes once in four years.πŸ˜†πŸ€£.This knok jok was really worthwhile watching.

I really enjoyed Ram playing about with the table settings every time Priya would open her mouth, and then sitting back, folding his hands and saying "please continue" in this school-teacher/psychiatrist mellow tone, as if he was hanging off her every word πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ .. It seems so, but am sure post his marriage hes going earn a big stare from priya for his finicky nature. Its gonna be fun and interesting to see their personalities and nature clashing  and spilling  over in public places; a sight and scene worth watching.  
  • The idea of the two of them pretending to be friends until Nuts-Karthik's wedding would, of course, bring them in close proximity every so often, giving them a chance to like each other for real. And with the added museebat of the reporters capturing Ram's "proposal" πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£  (how hilarious did they look running into the room like losers?), this is only one more opportunity for them to come closer. I don't understand how Priya's ring came off, though - didn't see her playing with it. Yeah she removed it during the convo and started playing with it. It was good indication that something like this was gonaa happen sooner or later. Thans to Niharika things seems to beautifully fall into the place where she had cunningly and meticulously moved her pieces. So in a way her idea of tipping the press brings RP closer and am all too happy for it.
Edited by maris08 - 12 years ago