Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
somehow their banter which may seem immature only due to the age factor was actually cute, the crux wasnt that they dislike each other, but somehow underneath it all they actually somehow are scared and vulnerable in the given situation, any person who is going for an arranged marriage feels the pressure of meeting the prospective person, naturally... but in RaYa' case the anxiety is more even though they know the other person and have met on several other occasions before, however not in the given situation and circumstances not to mention that ram has somewhere down the line even admitted to himself like priya he is way past the marriage age... they are scared of what has evaded them for so long in life, that now that when its actually happening they are somewhat freaking out - so I could actually like the case with RaYa... natz and kartik are a different matter all together and it beats me why a guy with even a little capability to use his neurons would want to be with her so for them i am really out of words to comment 😆😆
bavdfan thumbnail
I agree that the first idea was two mature adults falling in love but i think that we shouldn't expect them to act like grand parents neither !

I mean, yes they have displayed a childish scene y fighting in public but to me this doesn't show that they are not mature.
Also the mature concept was not to show to responsible person, very cold minded and all, talking politely the whole time because this would have been boring.

in this scene yes they acted childish but to me it shows their maturity on another level : they are so lonely for so much time that it's not easy to accept someone new in their lives. If they were 22 years old they would be disgustingly drooling over each other but here they are not because they are older and more mature so they have their own habits and subconsciously they are affraid to let someone enters they little world so they are both acting offensively

just my thought on the subject

concerning the matter does this show still deserves our views, i'll say yes : the two leads will have to affront some issues together and it'll bring them closer (could it be before or after the marriage) but we'll definitely see some bound between them two (in a mature and responsible way)

Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Friends, I did not accept the Priya's showdown at the Roka, Hindi is not my mother tongue but then calling a person 'cheez' is something I will not do in public, if I was in Priya's place I would have been very hurt being object of pity and desparation that something should be done with me to clear the path for someone's happiness.

Since I did not accept the above showdown I did not like the restaurant scene also, nothing is wrong with the acting, they were cute indeed being wonderful actors, I am talking about the concept, Ram Kapoor is a famous man, journalist write about him in magazines, I am sure a respectable person would not like to make scene in public, I loved his twitching of thumbs and his sulky expressions, Priya sitting and giving him cold looks would have been enough with a few stiff words...
bavdfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: tintiny

Friends, I did not accept the Priya's showdown at the Roka, Hindi is not my mother tongue but then calling a person 'cheez' is something I will not do in public, if I was in Priya's place I would have been very hurt being object of pity and desparation that something should be done with me to clear the path for someone's happiness.

⭐️agreed on that !

i would add that in fact they are both deep down hurt by how people react that they're not married already so when the discussion come on marriage they are both really aggressive and out of their mind.
Edited by bavdfan - 12 years ago
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Since I did not accept the above showdown I did not like the restaurant scene also, nothing is wrong with the acting, they were cute indeed being wonderful actors, I am talking about the concept, Ram Kapoor is a famous man, journalist write about him in magazines, I am sure a respectable person would not like to make scene in public, I loved his twitching of thumbs and his sulky expressions, Priya sitting and giving him cold looks would have been enough with a few stiff words...

I agree only one point. They should have been more civil  and polite with each other at least in PUBLIC.

But in private they are just two people who are sincere in their likes as well as DISLIKES. Honesty is 
very important basis for any relsp.

And Ram and Priya are two sincere and honest people. Once they start understanding each other they will "hopefully" see the goodness behind all of it.

Fishfish thumbnail

Originally posted by: bavdfan

⭐️agreed on that !

i would had that in fact their are both deep down hurt by how people react that they're not married already when the discussion come on marriage they are both really aggressive and out of their mind.

Yes they are hurt no doubt but then you will understand the other person better how hurt one can feel on this touchy subject...that is my take😉  They could have shared their hurt here
Edited by tintiny - 12 years ago
Fishfish thumbnail

Originally posted by: KripaRajput

I agree only one point. They should have been more civil  and polite with each other at least in PUBLIC.

But in private they are just two people who are sincere in their likes as well as DISLIKES. Honesty is 
very important basis for any relsp.

And Ram and Priya are two sincere and honest people. Once they start understanding each other they will "hopefully" see the goodness behind all of it.

Kripa the whole point is PUBLIC and my opinion against it, in private even if you hold collars of your hushand and hurl him, it is none of my business😛
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Kripa the whole point is PUBLIC and my opinion against it, in private even if you hold collars of your hushand and hurl him, it is none of my business😛

Awww, I would love to see the scene , Kaash aise kuch dikhaye...hai. Priya hurling Ram...aise kuch ho sakta hai kya? 
Edited by KripaRajput - 12 years ago
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
We have been shown how this two have different personality and have their own little habits that can be annoying...but whether you are young or old everyone has this and to make that as the highlight of their heated discussion of why the marriage never works is dumb.  In fact in most marriages little tiffs are based on these differences. ie why don't you pick up your clothes, or put your shoes properly or you never get ready on time.  Both of them were pushed by their family to meet and see if they can become a life partner so a little civilized convo would have been good.  As is the epi ends with paparazzi so now they will be forced into a marriage and thus it will become a thorn in establishing a relationship. Seeing that only the two family knew about the relationship and the ring is apparently Priya's...Priya is going to be blamed for the paparrazi being there.
whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Dear Friends,

It is supposed to be a matured love story...Is this maturity making public display fighting in the restaurant??  I am too disgusted to write my do baatein...regarding Nuts and Karthick least said is the better and a 22 year old telling her sister...I do not have a nice future but I want you to have...just because a 42 year man did not want to marry you???  I mean screen play is really really pathetic and I am totally disgusted...pata nehi if I should continue watching the serial or not as I do not see it getting any closer to the promos it showed...your thoughts friends, Love Tin

Totally agree! I finally saw yesterday's episode...what a waste of time... luckily i watch online, so was able to ff through the psycho bits.
I too am not sure it's worth my time to wait for the "mature" love story to start! I have a feeling, the makers of this show have a very narrow (and actually totally incorrect) view of "mature". All it means for them is that the hero and heroine are of "non-traditional" ages...That's supposed to be enough of a shocker for the audience...whatever. Someone get them a dictionary. less said about the screenplay the better.

So, I am as disappointed as you are. I think the makers of these shows underestimate their audiences...or maybe they don't. I for one am not entertained. I am going to continue to watch Rishta.com on youtube till someone has the sense to make a show like that again.