Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Infofan

Thanks so much for the update Gardes. I hope you are feeling better, Wafah. It seems to be contagious, (just kidding) I am coming down with something now, that too on a Friday evening.

Gardes ' great observations, so true that both feel they are unworthy of each other. If only they knew how they complete each other.

I will not be surprised if Guddu suggests that amma go and live with them in their new house because he may feel she is not safe with M&M's. Especially if as Azuria suggested that M&M's meddle with the food Guddu brings for amma in the evening. Guddu will figure out who did it and M&M's plan should backfire now that R's bhaag is not helping them. I hope R trusts G enough to know that he will not mess with the food.

I can't believe that R fell for Mithi churi's talks today. I feel like putting Runjhun across my knee and spanking her!! They wanted to break G-R marriage because of how Guddu behaved with Pandey's and Runjhun before marriage??? How naive is Runjhun to believe that M&M's care for her and did not want her to be married to a gunda. I know, she thinks of M&M's as her parents and wants their love and blessing. She forgot all the other abuse they subjected Runjhun to before her marriage, burning her hand, starving her, chaining her ankle and locking her up in a room, dunking her head in water repeatedly''..  so easily. I shudder to even remember that. Mitho has got be one of the most despicable characters in Indian soaps.

M&M's are so busy plotting and planning against Gunjhun, who is making arrangements for Mahadevi's wedding which should be only a few days away? When is her secret going to be revealed?

Runjhun still remembers what Guddu did to her whether or not she has genuinely forgiven him.

Runjhun did look so pretty in her new saree. She looked so excited to see their new house. So did he and I really hope they get to move in there soon. But it looks doubtful since M&M's are upto something. But it would be nice to see some romantic moments (BBAT not Zee style) if they are around in PN for Mahadevi's wedding or helping with the arrangements for the wedding.

Runjhun confused the heck out of me today. The fact that she was affected by Mitho's words meant she still remembers that past. Yet she was so excitedly fixing her hair and saree because G will be home soon. She is happy to move into their own house, she was eager to move with him even when she knew they would be moving into the room where the touch incident happened. Was she excited to be going with her husband only for Amma?

What is going on in your mind Runjhun? Resting her head on his chest, feeding G Prasad yesterday was a bold thing to do for someone like Runjhun. So does she love him and does not recognize her feelings? Is she only doing her wifely duties? Would she love any man she married because he is her husband? Or does she see the good inside G and love and respect him for that? Guddu would surely only want her love not because he is her husband but because of who or what he is. But back to both feeling unworthy of each other'''..

Something big has to happen for Runjhun to understand her feelings and confess.

It was nice to see how much Guddu cares for his buddies. His conversation with Kukkan was sweet.  At one time, I really wanted Guddu to regret, repent and atone for things he did to Runjhun. Now that he is, I felt sorry for him. It looks like his past will haunt him for a long time and people will not let him forget he was/is a gunda. He will really need Runjhun's help and reassurance to heal.

@ Jp ' if you call your beautiful detailed analysis rambling, what would you call mine πŸ˜†

Another long weekend, I believe there is another 62 hours for the next episode. πŸ˜”

Coming back to this thread only now after Friday morning.

Nice summarization @Infofan & also @Rani!
Both of you, especially on Runjhun the character.

For me, Runjhun the character since last Wednesday has been going up-n-down a lot. There is no consistency in that characterization.

Somethings were created based on our last weekend discussion. Somethings were a "correction" and something created just to take the track forward.

The amount of inconsistency in Runjhun, the character, is what even I saw and hence when she says the high-profile dialogue " He has given me the status of a wife in society". For me personally it had no meaning what so ever. The inconsistency in her character + the thought that it is she who has done everything till date and he nothing compared to her (other than realizing his short-temper and confessing his love) .. he had done nothing to make her say such a thing. Personally I felt that dialogue was too early in the current scheme of story-telling.

To each his own. I wish I had not written this. But then, I just want to throw it out there to check what you guys think about it. As @Gardes as mention right at the top of the chain (in this post) that she did like that part. (Gardes, I respect ur choice, but writing it to check what other's mind think abt it).

bee5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: gardes

Thanks, Rani.

When I saw the aired episode, my copy did not have the earlier part of the M & M's conversation.  It started with Rajju chastizing Bantu for praising his wife...

I thought Bantu was hilarious being a bumble bee around his wife...  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Even the video that I watched started from that point. I am hoping I will watch Friday's episode, the complete one, on TV , probably later in the night.

@bold: My antennas go up when I see that word .. it feels like someone is mentioning me πŸ˜†

I hope I don't turn back when someone says that word on the road😳 (It really has become my other name)πŸ˜†
bee5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rani2007

@Infofan, Liked your post - lol probably should have read that before mine

& Just bcos u mentioned abt Infofan's post, I went looking for that!πŸ˜†
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bee5

For me, Runjhun the character since last Wednesday has been going up-n-down a lot. There is no consistency in that characterization.

Somethings were created based on our last weekend discussion. Somethings were a "correction" and something created just to take the track forward.

The amount of inconsistency in Runjhun, the character, is what even I saw and hence when she says the high-profile dialogue " He has given me the status of a wife in society". For me personally it had no meaning what so ever. The inconsistency in her character + the thought that it is she who has done everything till date and he nothing compared to her (other than realizing his short-temper and confessing his love) .. he had done nothing to make her say such a thing. Personally I felt that dialogue was too early in the current scheme of story-telling.

To each his own. I wish I had not written this. But then, I just want to throw it out there to check what you guys think about it. As @Gardes as mention right at the top of the chain (in this post) that she did like that part. (Gardes, I respect ur choice, but writing it to check what other's mind think abt it).

Bee, basically, Mittho is getting a lot of ammo from Runjhun when she and Runjhun have the conversation in the kitchen.  If this were an admittance to herself, Runjhun would not have moved the story forward.

One fact is clear that Runjhun suffers from low self-esteem that she is not worth much and by Guddu remaiing married to her and not abondoning her after a much publicised marriage is a big deal to her.  She has viewed Guddu from societal and Amma's perspective but not necessarily from her own as Guddu has now started to view her.  She is overwhelmed by Guddu's admittance but does she realize the impact of that on her life.
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Bee, R has been so used to being maligned and made use of that even the slightest love or respect shown to her throws her off balance??  She is at once flattered and awed by Guddu's confessions of love though the girl is still immature in the sense she is still clinging on to her maikke and amma and not willing to move forward emotionally.  Her dialogue to mitho mami, "who do I have but you guys" didn't sit well.  Making R too gullible doesn't jive with who she is, she is smart, loving, forgiving but hopefully not that dumb as to not see the nautankis being played against her. 
Love the show but the 6 monsters are getting a bit too much to watch, nemesis needs to come swiftly, there is not an iota of human feeling even in the uncles, no remorse, would like to see that in Rajjo and Mitho at least, Vishnu is beyond redemption and so is Kalsanwali, they make a "great" pair.  The drama of the mamas and mamis has been dragged on long enough.😭
Edited by soapwatcher1 - 12 years ago
bee5 thumbnail

Here is what I think, Gardes. (In blue)

Bee, basically, Mittho is getting a lot of ammo from Runjhun when she and Runjhun have the conversation in the kitchen.  If this were an admittance to herself, Runjhun would not have moved the story forward.

Mittho-Runjhun scene was to entrap Runjhun once again and the amount of drama that she did in front of naive Runjhun was more than enough. Even if Runjhun hadn't said that dialogue, the outcome would have been the same. Mittho doesn't really need that as an ammo bcos, the ammo is all spread out there -
  - that Runjhun the Bhagonwali would go out of their house 
  - and the amount of PDA that is out in the open in front of all of their eyes.
Even if Runjhun hadn't said that dialogue, the knowledge they have about G-R is the same. Mittho had seen G totally in-love with R (kisses) + G-R issue resolved -> successful vat savitri , 2 major case in point.

One fact is clear that Runjhun suffers from low self-esteem that she is not worth much and by Guddu remaiing married to her and not abondoning her after a much publicised marriage is a big deal to her.  She has viewed Guddu from societal and Amma's perspective but not necessarily from her own as Guddu has now started to view her.  She is overwhelmed by Guddu's admittance but does she realize the impact of that on her life.

Low self-esteem for Runjhun as a person & in front of M&Ms .. I can accept. Low self-esteem when it comes to G, I may not accept. Right from early in the marriage, she hasn't behaved as a person who would have low self-esteem when it came to G. It is she who took her marriage in her own hands. She is the one who "recognized" and mentioned it to G that she thinks, "he basically is a good human-being", She is the one who threw challenge. She is the one who goes and fetches him from the local bar. She is the one who knows how to tackle him, She is the one who knows how to make him go to the temple. ... she is the one, she is the one .. I can go on ...and on ... Runjhun as a wife, never was one with low self-esteem. She was the stronger one. 

Somewhere deep down I think she always knew he would not leave her. He was a difficult person to deal with and she had to work really hard to turning him around. 

There are few changes with the characterization from time-to-time. But recently a lot was changed. The whole vat savitri part was unnecessary if they took the story the way they set it early on. So, I really can't base my comments pertaining to Runjhun's characterization on those times. 

She hasn't as much as reacted to G's love confessions twice. She still hesitates before she puts forth her step to G's one-room tenement about the IM centre. 
Till date, all he has done is confess his love and accept his wrong-doings. It is she who has taught him all (As per his own admission, and not mine). All I am saying is what has he done publicly for her, for her to tom-tom about her marriage that too to Mittho?

I would have accepted that dialogue if she had said that to herself or to God, or to Amma or to Guddu, and not Mittho. When it is said to Mittho & bcos of Mittho being evil, that dialogue sounds too powerful in front of an evil person. More so, when she hasn't herself thought abt it .. or mentioned it to her own husband when already he has confessed twice.

For me this dialogue is almost similar to the one where she tells Kukkan and Jabbo early in her marriage - Sindoor bhi toh isi maang mein bhara tha .. or something along those line. Such powerful dialogues are not required. That day that powerful dialogue was not required bcos she wasn't ready to adorn herself with the sindoor that he had "touched"...
...now she is not ready to reciprocate to his love-confessions, feels uncomfortable going to his one-room studio ... when things are not clear in her heart, that dialogue is pre-mature and sounds hollow is what I think. In summary, for me it was a "mis-placed" (incorrectly placed) dialogue, both in terms of time-line as well as the receiver.

bee5 thumbnail

[/QUOTE]
Bee, R has been so used to being maligned and made use of that even the slightest love or respect shown to her throws her off balance??  She is at once flattered and awed by Guddu's confessions of love though the girl is still immature in the sense she is still clinging on to her maikke and amma and not willing to move forward emotionally.  Her dialogue to mitho mami, "who do I have but you guys" didn't sit well.  Making R too gullible doesn't jive with who she is, she is smart, loving, forgiving but hopefully not that dumb as to not see the nautankis being played against her. 
Love the show but the 6 monsters are getting a bit too much to watch, nemesis needs to come swiftly, there is not an iota of human feeling even in the uncles, no remorse, would like to see that in Rajjo and Mitho at least, Vishnu is beyond redemption and so is Kalsanwali, they make a "great" pair.  The drama of the mamas and mamis has been dragged on long enough.😭
[/QUOTE]

soapwatcher1,
  Totally accept the part that she is just so happy that he confessed to her. It is something that has happened for the 1st time to her in her life and she needs time for that to settle in her mind and heart. She is relishing that fact that someone loves her and loves her so much and she feels so elated to realize that the person who loves her is her own husband (for eternity), doesn't ask anything in return .. and has also admitted that until she accepts, he will not even "touch" her.

I accept all that part, and she is in that " love to be in sinking in her head" mode and hence why I call that mis-placed timing wise ...and also coming out and blurting it out in front of Mittho wasn't required bcos a person loving is something and here she is talking about "giving a status" for her in society. That part - giving her a status in society is not yet there. If he has already given her that status .. then when he is confessing that - I did wrong by "touching" and humiliating you before marriage, then she definitely needed to say something in return.

What i am trying to point out is the inconsistency .. and in that inconsistency that dialogue was mis-placed.

Okay, I hope I clarified myself enough .. 

Good Night, guys!
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Bee, there is a huge difference between what she does and what she thinks.  What she does is done out of duty, what happens to her is because she views her life as ill-fated.

We as the audience know that she is strong, a fighter, etc, etc.  In Runjhun's head things don't always work out - in her status in PN, her forced marriage to Guddu and all that ensues, etc, etc..

Her marriage is a compromise, the situations she finds herself in are not optimal.  Now Guddu has declared his love.  Her main maksad (goal) was to keep her marriage intact and it has happened but did she expect Guddu's "love"?  I don't think so. 

It is all so overwhelming.  But through all this she recognizes the biggest event that Guddu has returned after crowing from the top of the roof that he is done with her, wants nothing to do with her over and over again in the last 4 days (and even many times before that).  She was even told that he had left Kannauj.

A person having little expectations of life, this is a huge thing.  Look what Mittho is doing  - a real nautanki, but does Runjhun recognize that?  She is just doing what she knows best, accepting her aunt's crying (with evil intentions in this case) at face value.  So to me such statement is not out of place in this instance and not as powerful as you see it.  Just sad in the context of the story and beautiful in terms of the dialogue.
Edited by gardes - 12 years ago
bee5 thumbnail

Bee, there is a huge difference between what she does and what she thinks.  What she does is done out of duty, what happens to her is because she views her life as ill-fated.

We as the audience know that she is strong, a fighter, etc, etc.  In Runjhun's head things don't always work out - in her status in PN, her forced marriage to Guddu and all that ensues, etc, etc..

Her marriage is a compromise, the situations she finds herself in are not optimal.  Now Guddu has declared his love.  Her main maksad (goal) was to keep her marriage intact and it has happened but did she expect Guddu's "love"?  I don't think so. 

It is all so overwhelming.  But through all this she recognizes the biggest event that Guddu has returned after crowing from the top of the roof that he is done with her, wants nothing to do with her over and over again in the last 4 days (and even many times before that).  She was even told that he had left Kannauj.

A person having little expectations of life, this is a huge thing.  Look what Mittho is doing  - a real nautanki, but does Runjhun recognize that?  She is just doing what she knows best, accepting her aunt's crying (with evil intentions in this case) at face value.  So to me such statement is not out of place in this instance and not as powerful as you see it.  Just sad in the context of the story and beautiful in terms of the dialogue.

LOL ... I came to write 1 final statement and didn't expect ur reply, Gardes.
Actually I wanted to write about exactly what you have in ur last para.

I think I have repeated myself enough , so even if I write for all the other paras, it would be the same thing that I have already said, only in different way. So, skipping that ...

All, I wanted to say was - That dialogue is a beautiful one by itself. It would have been good if it was said to the right people or to herself in a monologue. That would have been more serene, sensitive and soulful [ rather that dialogue became a caricature in front of Mittho. It was a state of her mind and it had to be set in a sensitive way and not look "show-off-y". I also feel the same things about her feelings, her state of mind, Guddu's importance in her life, she being the simple girl, we know she is capable but in her mind she doesn't think so about her own self ... Exactly bcos of all these things is why that dialogue should have come in a sensitive way, and not the way it came out.]

p.s: Everything written in square brackets is extra that I wrote now. 

Edit: It is a beautiful, sensitive statement and should have been brought out in that sensitive way. It was a "personal" feeling .. and needed that sensitivity in its treatment.
Edited by bee5 - 12 years ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Gardes, doesn't keeping her marriage alive mean being his wife in every sense? 
 I feel that now R has Guddu back, she is prepared to let things remain the same meaning no intimacy between them.  She has never been given anything, love, respect, maan, her maksad to get him back could be unconsciously to prove to herself as much as to amma and the world that she could keep/reform her goonda husband. Now that is done, she is content with the relationship as is. 
R is like a little child with flashes of "grown-up ness", she is intelligent, kind, sweet, all that, but craves the love of her family (m&m being surrogate parents) above all else, and as her conversation with Mitho indicates she would love to live happily ever after with everyone at Pandey Nivas.  She goes through the motions of being the wife that society and amma expect her to be but really she remains a child at heart and has a lot of growing up to do. Poor Guddu, is all I can say!  That is why she will offer to clean up the one room tenement but in the next scene dream about living together with her mamas and mamis, of course, with Guddu but just as a naam ke vaste husband.  Not that she does all this consciously but she has been raised to be good, to give in to others and that is all she can do to be happy.  Poor girl.  No mistake, she will give in to Guddu physically if he demands it, such is her nature and her "code of doing the right always" conduct but whether it would be out of love would be up for conjecture.