Rani M. : If south has Rajnikanth, we have Salman - Page 21

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
I have not read the essays after page 22 but my main gripe is with people who call other fans rabid and delusional and make fun of them at every occasion. These people are in no place to get defensive and act high and mighty when one of their favorite is under scrutiny and pretend to play the neutral blind justice card. If you want to anyway, feel free to do so, but if someone calls you out on it, don't whine. ðŸ¥³

Originally posted by: Kabeer.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyuzNP_UP4w[/YOUTUBE]

🤣

Originally posted by: Dexterphile

I have not read the essays after page 22 but my main gripe is with people who call other fans rabid and delusional and make fun of them at every occasion. These people are in no place to get defensive and act high and mighty when one of their favorite is under scrutiny and pretend to play the neutral blind justice card. If you want to anyway, feel free to do so, but if someone calls you out on it, don't whine. ðŸ¥³

Xeta the gripe here is not people criticising Rajini (atleast for me). The gripe is being lectured about acting fangirly when others do it themselves.

It works both ways- yes cynics like me behaving like a fangirl might seem hypocritical (but where does it say that a cynic cant be a fangirl)
but similarly fangirls lecturing about this is also hypocritical.

Anyways as I said earlier Im not even sure if I like rajini so much for me to devote so much of my time in IF.😕
Anyhow Im not going to devote any more of my internet writing skills on this topic...as there are others which need my attn.😃

Edited by Gobsmacked - 12 years ago
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gobsmacked

and also one more point ladygaga (feels off calling you as such 😕), just the other day you and I had this discussion in the chat topic where you talked about too much cynicism in IF and that members should feel encoraged to worship their fav if they like. Why now this sudden change in thought process?

Anyways Im not even sure if I like Rajini so much for me to have written so many essays about him. My personal fav is Kamal Hassan, always. I guess the South indian in me got awakened.

😆
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I should try and watch some Rajni films...I think I might start watching South Films even though I don't understand a word.
I personally dislike Rajni style OTT movies and refuse to watch them no matter what...In my entire life I watched only one movie of his and that too recently- that laka laka one...(I am not able to recollect the name somehow...)

However I am willing to acknowledge his star power...

Yes the Khans and most of the current Hindi superstars are at least 15 years younger than Rajnikant...But can we safely say their careers are going to sustain until they would be as old as Rajnikant is now???I highly DOUBT it !!!! In fact SRK's career from where I see, is already on the decline...I predict at most another 10 years of service for all the current 40+ers...On the other hand, we have Rajni who is still in demand with the producers willing to do anything for him to be in their movies...wonder why?

Originally posted by: ruky786

I should try and watch some Rajni films...I think I might start watching South Films even though I don't understand a word.

I dont understand a word but thats why you have subtitles.Start by watching Shivaji cos thats where I started. Its the worlds biggest and foolproof stressbuster. ðŸ˜†
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: eraser

I dont understand a word but thats why you have subtitles.Start by watching Shivaji cos thats where I started. Its the worlds biggest and foolproof stressbuster. ðŸ˜†

I watched a Bengali film that had Kumar Sanu in it.😆 With subtitles!😃😆

Originally posted by: Dexterphile

Copy pasting my response to Gaga. 

I am by no means a Rajni fan but I acknowledge the magnitude of his star power. No, Salman, SRK or Amir are not lallus in front of him. It's just that their star power is minimal compared to Rajni's. Just because I'm acknowledging Rani's star power does not mean I'm worshipping him and neither does it mean that I'm undermining the Khans' or Akshay's star power.

If you talk about Rajni's quality of movies on the other hand,  then I'll be the first in line to trash them. The only reason I watch his movies are to..errmm, laugh at how much they suck. 

safeplacetoland thumbnail
Oh, btw, Ruky if you wanna see South Films, watch Malayalam films. They have some classy comedies. No masala, no scantily clad bikini babes. Classy comedy. Seriously. And very talented actors. I can give you the Mallu versions of the 29473757 Priyadarshan movies. :)