SP:Meet business tycoon Arnav

.StarryPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago

STAR Plus' new show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? is about two people Arnav and Khushi who follow different ideologies in life. The tagline of the show "mohabbat door jaane na de, nafrat paas aane na de"- depicts the concept of the show and their clashing principles.

Young and dashing Arnav Singh has earned fame and money at very young age on his own. He believes in winning at all costs and thinks money can buy everything. Actor Barun Sobti who plays the role of the arrogant Arnav, talks about his role and more.

Tell us about your role in the show?
My character is called Arnav Singh Raizada, who is a young businessman and has achieved everything in life. He is very arrogant and believes money can buy anything, even love. He doesn't believe in existence of God. It will be a completely different character on television.

How different is Arnav from Shravan of Baat Hamari Pakki Hai?
Both the characters are completely opposites. Shravan was more open in his thoughts and used to believe in love while Arnav is an introvert and doesn't believe in love. He is arrogant and believes the world is full of selfish and shrewd people.

Do you identify with Arnav's character?
Yes and no both. Arnav is a self made man, and to some extent, I am also a self made person. I find some of his characteristics very difficult to identify with but I have seen such people in real life, who have achieved everything in life at very young age, so I guess I understand. Such people become arrogant, yet I feel Arnav will be very identifiable.

How would you describe your look in the show?
The look is very rough and tough but at the same time very stylish and suave.

What's your take on love- hate relationships?
Our relationship [Arnav and Khushi's] has love and hate both. In fact in this world, I don't love anybody except my elder sister as I am very close to her. Relationships for me don't matter.

What do you dislike the most about Khushi?
She keeps bumping into me every time, which I don't like. I feel she does things deliberately, so that she attracts everyone's attention.

Why do you think money can buy everything including love? Do you think you will be able to look at love differently?
Yes, because money has power to buy anything and so I believe that everything is possible to obtain if we have money and as the show progresses you will learn more.

What according to you is the USP of the show?
The way the show is presented is superb. There is a lot of grandeur, and the characters are scripted very well too. The channel STAR Plus is the no 1 channel and the creative team has done a fabulous job on the show. It is larger than life and I know as the show progresses, the audiences will love Arnav and Khushi.

What kind of feedback have you received for the promos of the show?
The reactions have been positive and I am glad audiences have loved my look and style in the show. The promos have been well received. I am sure they would also love the subject and the story too.

How has the experience been working with Sanaya Irani and other co-stars?
It has being great and she is a wonderful human being and has a good sense of humor as well. It's nice to work with Akshay and Daljeet Kaur-Bhanot and over all we are enjoying each other's company. I am sure audiences would love our chemistry on-screen.

How is Sanaya as an actress?
She is wonderful and very focused on her character. Also Sanaya is very hard working in her approach. I am glad that I am working with her.

What message you would like to give your fans?
It is a different story and lovable too. Please do watch it as we are putting a lot of hard work. Love Aarnav and Khushi.

Don't forget to watch the first episode on June 6th at 8 pm only on STAR Plus.

---------------------------

http://starplus.startv.in/show/iss-pyaar-ko-kya-naam-doon-meet-business-tycoon-arnav/news124_1816.aspx

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CandYlicious_S thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Awww the article looks soo good..!!! Loved his answers..! Very professional..! 😳  And i loved his look as a business tycoon..! πŸ˜ƒ

And I soo agree with Sanaya's sense of humour thingy.. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†  She is indeed our ROCKSTAR.! 😎 And extremely hardworking and talented too..!  πŸ˜³  

Waiting for this show like anything..! 😍

Thanks for sharing dear..! πŸ€—
P.Srinivas thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Nice answers.My expectations increasing day by day on this show.It seemes he is soo confiedent about the show.I like the way he metioned good things about SanayaWhat he said about Sanaya true.   she is very dedicateg &Hard working actress &she has good senes of Humour.All the best to Sanaya &barun.Eagerly waiting for Monday.Thanks for sharing the article.

Silhoutte92 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
very nice article i must say
n nice answers by barun

n sanaya πŸ˜†she is really really hardworking n evrybody agree this fact 
n yes she is really a gr8 human being
hats off to my mohits choice😍 😍after all shez the best πŸ‘πŸΌ
n her sense of humor evrybody like her as she wonderfull
our doll just rock n rule
muahhh love you sanaya😍
Thanx for sharing.
Eagerly waiting for it.
Arnav-khushi will rock together.
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I don;t think he has to say it.. The promo is on air, the show has not launched and there is a large fandom for this jodi and this show.:)
vishal6 thumbnail
Barun is good. eager to see dem both. thanz
ayesha_80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Good replies. BS seems to be quite a professional person. Liked his approach...simple n straight forward.

After all these articles (esp. the recent one's), saying about the grand presentation of the show...i'm becoming more n more hopeful, coz I feel IPK will break the norms of SP in terms of presentation. New PHs, already doing youth shows...stepping on to the bigger boat.. I'm sure they wud've done thier homework well. 

Abt Sanaya-BS chemistry -- their off shoot/screen pics conveyed that visually.  

@ TM: TFS 😊
Edited by ayesha_80 - 12 years ago
soniasharmin89 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing it.yes, we all know sanaya is a really hard working and her sense of humor is really great.Her all the interviews are a treat to watch.specially with Mohit and Arjun.Now waiting for her sbs and sbb segments with her new co-stars. 
ranbirkialliya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanx a lot yaar! what does he mean khushe always bump into him? stupid gazab ho bhai shaadi kise karoge tab serial mein? arrogant actually LOVELU