Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Desriee1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey Tintiny, according to Ram, being over weight for him is a blessing in disguise.DNA May 2011.
Wonder when was the last time he took a good look at himself in the mirror and say, playing a fat
dude over and over is great, but my health is greater.

As for the show, I will give it a chance, but I can't foresee much coming out of it after the misleading
promos for something new and different.
Society are evolving each day for the better where women are concern and so too they should evolve
with the times in a serial though its fiction. Enough with the sappy innocent female character who is
waiting to be swept off her feet through an arrange marriage.
ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

I posted this on another thread and posting it here again...I feel we should wait a bit more...and without much expecations to enjoy the show! πŸ˜Š

I feel 2 episodes are too less to judge how the story might proceed, though there are bloopers galore in these 2 episodes...frankly, I am enjoying my laugh over the bloopers as well!  πŸ€£

I like Ram and Sakshi and it is definitely a different approach to have middleaged leads!  One thing I disagree with is why Ram and Sakshi, just because they are middleaged, are expected to behave different from the young leads? πŸ˜• Can't the middleaged have their insecurities too? πŸ€”  Can they not have faults as well?  They may be acting like doormats to their families and sacrificing their happiness for them, but there are many people in the world who do that!   It is not an unrealistic picture exactly, though it may be an oft repeated theme in shows.  And the fact they are doormats to their families is exactly the reason why they are what they are today...single and lonely at the age of 33 and 40!   If they were smart, mature and thought of themselves, then they would be having their own families by now and where would the story be?  They are what they are because they allow themselves to be pushed around by their families...so we need to accept that first!    

A hard-headed businessman being soft-hearted and insecure in personal relationships is also not as uncommon as one thinks!  It happens in real life.  In fact, I understand Ram's situation better than Priya's...why is she earning for the family?  Her father is presumably retired but he seems fit and healthy...what is he doing sitting quietly at home? πŸ˜•  In a way, he seems to be preying on her as much as the mom and sis!  Also what is a double graduate in literature doing teaching at the TOEFL tuition class?  These are the inconsistencies which jar!  But there are mothers like Priya's mother, I have come across the breed in real life! πŸ€’

I do find these things odd and hilarious - buying the company for a private jet,  πŸ˜†the jewelry being changed the day of the wedding, πŸ€£ having a business meeting in Singapore on the day your sis is getting married in Mumbai, πŸ˜² the need to buy a yellow bracelet when it indicates that the sis has one at home probably that she did not pack, πŸ˜• the students in the TOEFL class, and such!   πŸ˜ƒ

I did like the 2nd episode better than the 1st one...Ram's friend and his family livened up the episode a bit and I don't see anything strange in his friend trying to persuade him to marry...people do it all the time to the singles whom they care for...ask me, who is middleaged and single...my friends have been trying to play cupid unsuccessfully for a long time!  πŸ˜†
Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Haven't seen a single episode yet...lolzz...but going by the updates i feel yes we are following kekta rule...but still lets wait and watch as u said tintiny!
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@ Shobha a.k.a ssroomani...You have very succinctly and  precisely pointed out the flaws and discrepancies in the characters of Ram and Priya...Probably the show tries to strike a balance between a realistic portrayal of the story and infusion of  all the juciness of typical cinematic(or shld i say serialistic) essence of reelism.. Whatever it is, its so far so good..
sunaina02 thumbnail

Originally posted by: xXxNatashaxXx

it is too early to judge the show.πŸ˜•

just give some time the concept is different and i am enjoying it

Can anyone please tell me what is the concept and why is it different ?

Is ir just because the lead are 40 and 35 years old, we think the concept is different .

As far as I can see  it the same old Ekta show .Confused
SuganthiS thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Hi ssroomani,

A very well written post. I agree, just because the leads are older doesn't mean that when it comes to emotions and matters of the heart, they will not have their insecurities. BT serials and bloopers, they go hand in hand, so to be expected.

Expecting the leads to behave in a particular fashion just because they are in their thirties and forties is in a way, a type of stereotype too.
Edited by SuganthiS - 13 years ago
Desi_Kuri007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neha_S

The leopard will change it spots if we stop judging it. There has been two episodes only. Lets wait a lil before jumping the gun,shall we?

I have to also disagree with you. Priya isnt exactly a typical female lead- This girl has some spunk.She isnt the cry baby or the moping queen. She isnt into lectures as well,which is a relief. She didnt barge on the Ayesha to lecture her on how she shud marry for love bla bla.. As for Aisha, many girls just wnat to marry- yes even in this day and age. I am 20 and many of my friends are married.. Shocker but true.

So far I havent seen any unreasonably evil people. Priya's mom character was very well-explained today. I could understand her even if I couldnt approve her views. Ram's mom- well she is a step mom and that typical evil saas in the making. But when she said she is protecting her family once again we see a mother protecting her kid's best interests. What she is doing is wrong but not illogical-

I do agree with you. The judging wont help the show very much yet, 'cause the show just started. And Priya and Ram are truly different from what the old stereotypical views are in T.V serials. And in some ways there is a reality that is portrayed, from the way Priya has given up her life being an elder daughter for the family and vice versa for Ram. I think we need to wait and watch what exactly goes on in the show. Give it time.
Edited by Desi_Kuri007 - 13 years ago
-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
1stly I say we shouldnt make our judgements with just 2 Episodes. For me the Show hasnt begun yet. Bcoz the Story revolves around marriage of 2 ppl who are in thier late 30-40's and the life or the struggle after that. And in the 1st 2 Epi's we've just had background of the 2 characters and the people around them. So "Picture abhi baaki hai"

Seeing the 1st 2 epi's do you feel he didnt get married bcoz of his Evil Mother who doesnt wanna share her luxurious life with anyone? I feel more so he feels or rather is of the Opinion that at this stage of life to get someone as a life partner would be tough for him and sply someone who would marry him for the person he is and not for his Money. Had he been Momma's Boy am sure he would have also taken her permission before buying that Loss making Company. Priya's character i do have complaints but then may be she doesnt wish to put burden on her her parents by settling down in life. She is well aware of the facts that her parents need her, financially or emotionally but they do and so she decides to not get married till she makes them secure. Now that took too long and she is 33 now and she knows it well that it would be hard for her to settle down in life at this stage. She does have her issues but she decides to keep that to herself, though her father does realises it all.
The promo's we saw is after marriage one's. They are yet to get married and forget marriage the 2 leads havent confronted yet so its unfair to say that the Promo's are misleading.

Its 2 Epi's Old. Give it time. I know the Shows these days move with a Jet Speed. 1st we have Huge Eye-Locks, 2nd Epi they confess and from 3rd we have the everlasting Love Story Starting. Every Show cant move with that Speed. Slow the Show moves, better would be the results. So give it some time
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SuganthiS

Hi ssroomani,

A very well written post. I agree, just because the leads are older doesn't mean that when it comes to emotions and matters of the heart, they will not have their insecurities. BT serials and bloopers, they go hand in hand, so to be expected.

Expecting the leads to behave in a particular fashion just because they are in their thirties and forties is in a way, a type of stereotype too.

Not sure I quite agree with that. Emotions are not actions, or behaviour. A 16-year old girl and a 33-year old woman may have the same emotions but the way that they deal with them would - should - be different. You cannot expect a 40 year old to behave like a teenager and think it is okay. I'm not saying that Ram and Priya are behaving like that; just that it is reasonable to expect maturity of actions, thoughts and behaviours from people at certain ages, regardless of their emotions. 
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't know if anyone watched Basera, Ram's last show on NDTV, it started off pretty good, there were four matured couple with a slew of good looking youngsters and a show with so much possibility.  But somehow don't know what happened that the show got ruined, the tracks came to dead end and ended with poor Ram ending in a wheelchair. I think too much negativity also does not go well with audience either.  Different people watch shows for different reasons.  Me personally like to watch for the emoting of the actors...that was my reason for getting hooked to Kasam se...RK and PD breathed life into their scenes.  Plus there were other good actors like dadi, masi, Adi, Ranveer, Rano, Pushkar...so on...

Ram is good actor and it is amazing that he is able to create screen chemistry with different actresses, even with Pallavi it was good.  I know quiet a few of us would watch the show just for their jula moments as we called...a segment where Ram and Pallavi sat on a jula discussed things...it was such good moments...private space that any married couple shared.

So who knows may be this show has kind of started on a not so happy note may have a few months of Ram and Sakshi magic moments too.