Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

richiiiii thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: bangalores

that's it! i'm reserving my position in ur fan's list RIGHT NOW!
really, this was so good!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
u have thrilled me to the core, chotee...bringing back the memories of my of teens by making me experience Geet's first hand! as a rule i don't like 1st person narration( with the obvious exclusion of Twilight series) but this made me so involved that i became Geet !
can't say which FF i liked better! Sooo looking forward to ur next update!

thanks for likingπŸ˜ƒ
i assume you are the only member of my fan clubπŸ˜†
so welcome 
well i wrote it in first person because i relate to it...i started writing this when i was preparing for my boards <eco paper>, so i was frustrated with eco and also nostalgic about school gettn over...thats why the school background...
will update soon... 
richiiiii thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5

PART 4

WEDNESDAY

My bedroom

3:30 p.m

Few years back I had invented a new personalized version of the famous saying, 'man proposes god disposes'. It happens to be called 'geet proposes babaji disposes'.  Not only it fits in most of the situations in my daily life very aptly but also helps me to connect with babaji. It usually happens when i successfully manage to piss off babaji, or when babaji feels that his control over me somewhat loosening. Not that I blame him, sometimes even I feel I am losing control over my life, but no, it has nothing to do with delusion of control; a form of schizophrenia.

So today when I reached home, completely in a state of euphoria at the prospect of having a sleepover after such a long time, I 'smelled' trouble in the form of pungent smell of spices. Sniffing my way to kitchen I found mamma cooking on all the four burners of the stoves. Two were occupied with two different dishes of paneer, most probably with paneer pasanda and kadhai paneer , one with what looked like moong dal ka halwa, and the last pan contained mix vegetable, if I go by the thousands of vegetable that were tossed in it (excuse my feeble knowledge regarding culinary related topics). And like cherry on top was my mother's anxious expression as she violently kneaded the flour. Now, my mother is one of those woman who just love cooking, it doesn't whether whatever she cooks is eaten by anyone or not, infact cooking is her favorite hobby. Her hobby turns into a nightmare only when some hi-fi guest is going to grace our home and she has too cook too much too quickly and not to forget that it has to be utterly delicious. So as I took in the scene in front of my eyes I knew someone important, one of daddy's friend or colleague was going to haunt us tonight (well, not literally but figuratively) which also meant that all the family members are needed to be present here tonight, as one happy family cum gracious hosts, and that my sleepover plans were very conveniently chopped off by my father and his impending guest.

GREAT.

ABOSULETLY PERFECT.                   

I AM ON CLOUD NINE!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

<BREATHE IN '..BREATHE OUT>

ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

'Geet have you changed??' I hear my mother shouting from the kitchen. Sighing dejectedly I close my journal and take out my clothes from the cupboard to change. After witnessing the horrific sight in kitchen I was almost paralyzed with anger and disappointment when mamma had took notice of me. Too preoccupied with her cooking, she hadn't paid any attention to my immobile state or to my skewed face and had asked to change immediately and have my lunch so that I could help her with preparations. Though my initial reaction was to say 'do hell with your preparations and your guest' but then I thought better of it and agreed to help.

I can now very proudly say that I am one of those people who put their knowledge to practical use. In one of our psychology lesson related to therapies used in treating disorders we were taught about differential reinforcement.

It is a technique used in behavior therapy wherein a positive behavior is rewarded and negative behavior is punished, or sometimes ignored, as in a case of tantrum throwing child. Now, putting that knowledge in my present situation I realized it was better to help her rather than defy her. Afterall there are chances of her allowing me to go for the sleepover when she is pleased than when she is irked. So after having apple for my lunch (yes I am still keeping my resolution) and changing my uniform I set out to be the dutiful daughter who helps her mother in household chores and head off to the kitchen.

I really hope this differential reinforcement works and my positive behavior is rewarded by allowing me to HAVE MY SLEEPOVER.

WEDNESDAY

10:30 p.m

My bedroom

OMG!!!

OMB!!! <OH MY BABAJI>

OMG!!

OMB!!

Has it really happened?

Am I getting delusional'omg'am I turning into a schizophreniac???!!!

Okay do not panic.

Everything is fine.

<breathe in'breathe out'relax>

Ofcourse I am no mad girl. Everything is fine with me, its babaji who wants to play games with me as if he got short of companions up there. I mean there are more than thousand gods and goddesses in hindu mythology, can't he share his boredom with them rather than lashing out his bizarre game plans on me .sometimes I actually fail to understand him.

Huppp!!!

Moving on to the point.

So, I was very effectively and efficiently helping mamma (if you chuck out the part where I almost added salt in the kheer or the part where I was about to add milk in biryani rather than curd'but never mind these minor little mishaps as they don't count if you look at the broader picture) and we were almost done, just the salad remaining, when the front door opened and I heard the sounds of people talking in the hall. It seemed that whoever the guest was, had arrived and the tirade was to begin so I practiced to assemble my features into what looked welcoming and gracious. Then the noise somewhat subsided, so I presumed everyone was settled in the living room, and maybe by babaji's grace I won't have to face them soon enough. (I am tired of putting fake smile on my face when what I actually want to do is sulk.) So I got back to task in hand, that was extruding mayonnaise from the tube for dressing the salad, when again, yes again I heard some footsteps proceeding towards the kitchen. And while still trying to squeeze the mayonnaise out of the tube( as it was almost depleted), I turned around just to see who had entered my safe paradise when I came face to face with'..the hunk himself'.MAAN SINGH KHURANA. And if you think that was enough to make my eyes pop out of my sockets and to embarrass me to core          (hello I was dressed like a zombie in my faded shorts which made my butt look broader and my XXL size superman t shirt which made me look like a hanger, not to forget my curly hair which looked ropes hanging from my head), then think again, because the next thing I knew was mayonnaise spluttering all over my face. it just so happened that while  I was busy trying to conjure what he was doing in my kitchen or whether I was dreaming or not, the tube decided that the pressure of my fingers were just enough to let its content come rushing out and land on my face( well it was then I realized that the tube's mouth was in the direction of my face).

Once again I made a fool of myself in front of him. Though he didn't laugh at my condition or even cracked smile <instead he apologized for scaring me'.can you believe it!!!!>, but I am sure he must be thinking what a clumsy little dumdum I am.

p.s did I tell you that the look in eyes, when he had apologized for scaring me, was well a bit familiar'.

'Geet, have you changed'? I hear mamma banging on my door.

'Umm..yea mamma'just coming out' I reply hastily as I close my journal and run to the washroom to check myself in the mirror ( I look better in washroom mirror than in my dressing table mirror'. light effect I guess). Making sure that there are no remnants of mayonnaise on my face I dash towards the door but then stop short as panic takes over, paralyzing me.

What is he doing at my home?

How am I going to face him after that mortifying situation'??

Suddenly I am not interested in anything, the dinner, the sleepover, his mysterious presence at my home or the strange familiarity of his eyes'nothing. All I want to do so lie under my duvet and stay there forever.

'Geet, beta come out I need your help' mamma voice again jumps in through the door and I resignedly realize that I won't be getting the comfort of my bed after all.

*****'

'Hello uncle' I smile as I keep the refreshments on the center table. Maan is sitting on a sifa opposite to me but I dare not look in his direction. I keep my eyes resolutely fixed on the curtain behind him, as they all continue to chatter. I am still clueless about the reason behind his presence tonight.

I was studying the pink grey pattern on the curtains when dad's question boomed into my ears, 'Geet, do you remember viraan uncle.'

This is a question which dad asks me everytime any of his special friends arrives. He claims that I have met his EVERY special friend in sometime in the past, and everytime I am at loss of words. The time to which he seems to refer is almost like dark ages to me. Now, how am I suppose to remember all the uncles and aunts that I have met when I was possibly five or six years of age!!!!

'Ummm'no' I give my usual answer.

They all chuckle at me, including maan and I don't know what it is that they are finding so funny. Did I crack a joke?

'Areee..Geet beta don't you remember me???' viraan uncle asks this time, disbelievingly. I nod my head in negative. If he only he knew that I wasn't even aware of his name until dad has mentioned it.

Uncle and my dad laugh again, while maan just smiles, a knowing one.

Now am I missing something??? They all are laughing and smiling as if he practically lives in my home and I am feigning that I haven't even seen him once.

'Okay I will give you a clue' viraan uncle says excitedly 'a jug of water and daal'.

A jug of water and daal??? Is he trying to play the da Vinci code with me??

Is it supposed to be an anagram or something'.wait'..a jug of water and daal!!!

A distant memory suddenly resurfaces in my consciousness.

I dart my eyes towards him and then at maan'

It can't be'..oh shit!!

PART 5

OKAY GUYS HERE IS THE FOURTH PART, HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY...

DO CLICK THE LIKE BUTTON LEAVE IN YOUR COMMENTSπŸ€—

Edited by richiiiii - 13 years ago
---nishu--- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hey its nice and something newt
please pm me yaar
nazsij thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
it was awesome...they r family frds...heheheheheee that kitchen scene was really funny...heheheheheee  loved it...update soon yaar...kaha ruk diya yaar?
ninavi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
loved it ...
very interesting update 
and eagerlyy waiting for next  
must say all dads r same πŸ˜†
cont sooon
thnx for d PM πŸ˜Š
zaara2212 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
daal and a jug πŸ˜ƒ

i waiting for the next part πŸ˜ƒ
fizza25 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
oh my god !!!!!!!!!!!
maan at geet's home πŸ˜ˆ
oh pls continue soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RageOfAnAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

' Geet proposes , babaji disposes ' πŸ€£ oh god this Geet is hilarious πŸ˜†
I applaud you Richa for having such natural sense of humor πŸ‘
Its very easy to make peopole cry but a whale of a job to make them smile ; I was πŸ€£ throughout the part 

Simply mind blowing πŸ‘πŸΌ, loved it immensely ❀️, I officially hereby declare am addicted to your FFs  so waiting eagerly for your next part πŸ˜›

sweet scorpio thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
oh no!...a cliff hanger!...

plzzz continue soon!

can't wait~!...
MsMovielover thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
loved the update...
haha ur sense of humor is just amazing 🀣