Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: bandicoot

but i totallt absolutely agree with aamir's opinion on black!

that was one of the shittiest movies ive ever seen on special children..my dads best friend is a special educator...he trashed the movie! what nonsense

I totally agree with your point, But Aamir's timing & intentions were wrong. although I also agree with whatever he said about Black, he said it with the intention of creating a controversy and promoting his own movie not for anything else.

@Relda @Ladygaga I dont have the PM with the link to the interview I'm afaid.
Me thinks the pressure of Ra One is also getting to SRK. The Budget seems to have overshot and he cannot afford financially for the film to fail.
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
what did he do to hrithik suzanne though???

ra1 is a VERY BIG RISK! he is soundign desperate these days...hosted a pathetic zor ka jhatka..dancing and winning fr pathetic movies...he is going down not-so-gracefully

he alienated a lot of his friends..now he is looking fr new friends

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
SRK has only few ppl with him now .....Hritik and co, Kjo obviously ....that's it frm biggies i thinkπŸ˜†

rest everyone is in Salman's camp now πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: mysticgoryfilms

I agree on the Black comment though. He just criticized the way they showed the girl's parents treating her. The way they showed them treating her was harsh, imo. Did he say something against AB also that he had to go and apologize with gifts? πŸ˜† 

Mr.Bachchan was part of Black so of course he reacted. πŸ˜† This is his reaction:

-----------------------

Aamir Khan has called Black insensitive. Comment.
Aamir is a free individual in a free society. He has the freedom to express his opinions. I cannot understand why he finds the film 'insensitive and manipulative'. All story- telling, at times, tends to touch areas which are sensitive. They could have been done to achieve dramatic impact, emotional expression or effective endings. Remember, we as film makers, dwell almost unabashedly on that unwritten mantra of bringing poetic justice in our stories. That has been the most remarkable quality inhabiting the reason behind the popularity of Indian cinema.

What about Aamir's opinion that Black  was manipulative?
'Manipulative' …hmmm… the clever and sometimes devious means of controlling or influencing people, is also an accepted ingredient in a film. We need the attention of the audience towards the product. We need to sufficiently influence them in order for them to remain attracted to the product till the last. If not for a lifetime, at least for the duration of the film. So in a sense, every film is manipulative.

Aamir seems  unhappy with this traditional way of establishing character and narrative mood.
If Aamir is unhappy with this, let him demonstrate otherwise. I would be keen and anxious to educate myself on any prospective change that he might introduce to cinema. With due respect, all the films that he features in and that I have had the great pleasure in watching, have all adhered to the very qualities that he dislikes in Black. From using the distinct handicap, or to be politically correct, challenged condition, of a crippled human in his cricket team in Lagaan, to the 'sensitivities' of a blind girl in Fanaa.

Has Aamir expressed his misgivings about Black to you?
In a private meeting after the release of Black, Aamir had told me of his reservations on the film. He had not liked it. He had issues, he said. He told me the film did not work for him because he disagreed with the voice-over of Rani as soon as the film started. The argument being, if the girl is deaf, dumb and blind how can she have a voice-over! Till date, I have not been able to understand that remark. Maybe you can.

He has also called the performances in Black "over-the-top". Comment.  
I cannot comment whether my performance was towering or not, but Aamir may be right on the other maybe the performances did go 'over the top' of his head!

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
aamir is in the limelight ONLY to promote his movies....πŸ˜† he said all that stuff only to promote TZP

Originally posted by: Gobsmacked

Me thinks the pressure of Ra One is also getting to SRK. The Budget seems to have overshot and he cannot afford financially for the film to fail.

i think so too..i feel bad fr him

the whole cricket IPL stuff was a big failure for him too..
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
Topic was abt Aamir said he loved kela awards n ppl stating how bad SRK is n his recent acts... mods plzz hav a look  !!!! πŸ˜†

Keep--------------Smiling !!!😊
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Relda

SRk has said some pretty inflammatory things about Aamir too. Unfortunately, i can't recall anything specific right now.

Maddyji.. help out, please?

They have this animosity with each other since a long time... it dates back to the beginning of SRK's career... He had made a candid confession before stepping into filmdom .."I'll destroy Aamir Khan. I'll take over Aamir. Main jab filmon mein aoonga na, baja doonga sabki"!  This was disclosed in that book of his written by Mushtaq Sheikh...

So since then they have a history... Added to that other things like the Filmafre awards in the past like the Rangeela one which Aaamir was expecting and that went to SRK for DDLJ...

And SRK in the past has rubbed people the wong way in the name of humor... No wonder he is being alienated now...Now that he has become a sant mahatma he cannot expect others to shut up....

Anyways the rest are also no less... be it An Aamir or a Salman... Like I said before all these three Khans are no less than the sqabbling actresses...

mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Gobsmacked

[

I totally agree with your point, But Aamir's timing & intentions were wrong. although I also agree with whatever he said about Black, he said it with the intention of creating a controversy and promoting his own movie not for anything else. Ahhh....never thought about it that way. I would have never guessed. πŸ˜† But I do feel Aamir was against it.

@Relda @Ladygaga I dont have the PM with the link to the interview I'm afaid.

qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The only good thing about Black was that little girl Ayesha D  - all the rest were hamming it up to the max.  If Aamir had snubbed Black when it released it would have been credible but he did it only to promote his film. As tho TZP was the antithesis to Black. It was plenty melodramatic too.
And that whole SRK dog thingy  - it was very very  cheap.He lost my respect after that.