Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
If a celebrity is staying on in the competition because they are getting more votes than others, it is part of the format of the show. No way can it be termed unfair. It is unfair when the format is changed to "help" some contestants. I felt it was unfair to Krushna when Ankita was brought back through a second wild card and he wasn't, when there wasn't much difference in their WC performance and many people even felt that he danced better than Ankita.
artizia thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Kanuk, they must be knowing that there will be a few good dancers in the show as well. In EVERY season of JDJ, there have been a few trained dancers--- for example::: Sweta Salve, Sudha Chandran.
" I guess they are too busy to watch tv " πŸ˜‰

If I take Sushant's example (cos everyone gives his example only all the time πŸ˜† ) -- he has told it many times that he has learnt from Shiamak Davar- in interviews, in ZNKD, even in JDJ. He seems to be very proud of the fact that he got to learn for some time from such an awesome choreographer. So others must be knowing it too.
Thats why I mentioned except the few ones πŸ˜ƒ

The show is about celebs from different walks of life--- and if they agreed for the show knowing that the talent level will not be the same, some will be stronger than others--- then now the dancer-non-dancer issue hold little consideration. 

All that aside-- bottom line is--- (trying to stick in the topicπŸ˜†)--- as long as Mahi Vij is getting votes, all is okay, although I do wish that people would start considering the dancing of other contestants as well while casting their precious votes.πŸ˜ƒ

Thats why i said , all is fair with everyone. Everyone had an advantage over the other in one way or the other. 

nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Everyone had an advantage over the other in one way or the other. 

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely right!!! πŸ‘
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: nikitagmc

Saaki, I agree with your post uptil the point where you brought the dancer- non-dancer thing. I personally feel that Mahi and other non-dancers KNEW from the beginning itself, when they took on the show that they would be competing against some dancers as well, yet they agreed to take the show, so that consideration doesn't hold anymore. πŸ˜ƒ

ditto ..
and reg . the whole "fair/unfair" debate .. why are the other "imbalances" never spoken about ?..
Ok , sushant has an "advantage" of having learnt jazz .. but he has this "disadvantage" of having to rehearse for his performances after shooting for 13-14 hours a day for his daily soap... how tiring must that be?

so i never get this argument - chang should win bcuz he is not trained like sushant ..
what about the fact that chang has loads of time to rehearse for his performances unlike sushant
who is practically living on the sets and working almost 24 hours a day ?
In fact chang said the same thing in his interview - if sushant has good dancing skills then chang has lots of time on his hand .. similarly for yana .. and yana is a pretty good dancer too..

Jhalak has never been a level playing field ...
They have always taken an "uneven" bunch of celebs .. some trained/natural dancers , some hugely popular , some with two left feet , some who are much older than the other contestants , some who are not as physically fit as the others etc ...

The only "criteria" for their selection in the show is that you have to be a well known celebrity in your field ..( "celebrities from all walks of life" )

ok , now coming back to the topic .. πŸ˜† ..
Well , I will be honest , i am a sushant fan and i want him to win , -
 so yes , i would not like it if mahi wins ,and i  find her performances to be really clumsy and i am disappointed with savio too ( didnt really watch last season , but i heard he did a better job last season ...)
When the show started , mahi was a much better dancer than chang who had two left feet
chang has improved a lot ( who would have thought that chang would be equaling yana in the last few weeks of the show?)

but if mahi wins , uh ...ok ,  i will try not to say anything to dismiss all her hard work ...
and no , mahi winning will not be unfair ( sigggggghhhhhhhhhh πŸ˜” πŸ˜†  )

Edited by lunza - 13 years ago
some of your points are true and i agree with them.. she has never NOT performed, she has improved a lot and has public support.

but SHE herself knew that she was competing against the likes of sushant, yana, ankita(based on her stage shows). so it was at her OWN risk she was entering the show. 

the word unfair is wrong to use and doesnt de-mean her staying in the competiton BUT the word  "unfair"  comes across when she gets the LOWEST scores week after week and still she hasnt come in the danger zone. many contestants previously, have had HIGH scores and eliminated.
also, her improvement has been slow and now has leveled off.
also, i feel, if she proved herslef of fighting the danger zone, then she is worthy of being in the TOP3.

its not mahi's fault... its the system. when anyone is paired in the face-off with the clear better dancer, then its hard to compete n win.

i wish that the bottom 3 marked contestants (whoever it may be) automatically are in the danger zone and the two lowest voted out the three are in the faceoff.
SudhaSangeet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hah ??
Only voting mattes for you? she hardly has emerged and evolved as Chang has done to himself considering she got savio like choreographer. So unfair.
I hardly saw mahi's fans discussing about her performance, coz ther was hardly anything πŸ˜† 

Once she said in some episode that she dont see herself as the winner of JDJ, when asked by Sumit, so if she thinks she doesnt deserve, why should we........πŸ˜ƒ
bozo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Her dance performance speaks for it self. She should have been out of JDJ long before Ankita.

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: bozo

Her dance performance speaks for it self. She should have been out of JDJ long before Ankita.

her votes speak for themselves... she deserves to be there. 😊
efsun thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
                            okey   mahi is not very very good dancer

but  Other contestants are usually dancer. especially sushant .......okey he is the best dancer in JDJ4 and I love him very muchπŸ˜‰πŸ˜³ .......but he participated in dance competitions.πŸ˜• This is the main unfair... I think the jury should consider πŸ˜•.......a bit and they should do according to the scoring.😑...........mahi  is amazing and enjoy. πŸ‘β­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈ

πŸ€— I love watch the mahi  on stage and tv .............. mahi. good luck........... I love your performance always and everywhere ..........cong πŸ‘πŸ‘
harpkaur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Kanuk

@nikitiagmc: I don't think they have an exact idea of how well trained the others are except the few ones. 

Its same as other know how popular other contestants are. But still make a point that "oh she is getting more votes" when its known fact that votes are important as well. 

I guess it fair with everyone in a way or other. 

kanu ji...main kiha u r on fireeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...lol yar all deze ppl whu r talkin abt sm people in bein jdj iz "unfair" & also sayin oh dey r here becuz of votez....i wondr where were all these people last season?? if jdj was ever based on talent & dance then shweta wud ve won jdj 2 & hard kaur wud hve won jdj 3....bt itz based on popularity & votez

sorry if i offend any1...

& i hve seen a few topicz here where people say hard kaur was a trained dancer...no she wznt..she danced on stagez for her showz or her music videoz.... every1 frm d television industry does on award functionz....does dat also make them trained dancerz??