Viewer's Review's, Previews..29th March pg 148

tanthya thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Dear MKAPIANS,

Whilst wandering through many forums, I had come across  thread's  reserved exclusively for critiquing, sharing  of views about the days episode and also the expectation's of  the loyal viewer's who watch the show ..

I read with deep appreciation about the analysis of various viewer's with different view points ..All posted in a single  thread instead of multiple poster..How wonderful It would be ..if we MKAPIANS too had one such corner where Viewer's can come analyze,dissect the show, character  freely and without any hassle of opening a new thread , keeping a watch over the replies, answering them ..

I was mulling this with Hami, and Hami suggested that MKAP  too should have such a thread ..Although I was a tad reluctant to open a thread on that line, I realized it was essential after coming across many threads which I had missed due to different time of postings..I would be happy if the posters made use of this thread appropriately..I am not saying not to open threads of your own..All I am  requesting share ur views  in this thread too..so that it becomes a pit stop  for readers who come in search of good posts..

Certain Rules however have to be followed :

1. There will be no idle chit chat between Posters unconnected to MKAP.

2: There will be no talk of the actor's personal life.

3. No Speculation's will be entertained about the actors personal life

4.No bashing of Actor's

5. Usage of Abusive language is prohibited.

6. If whilst reading u disagree with a  poster's view..By all means , reply to that post..but with due respect..if u think u are unable to do so..Please make use of PM..

You are free to suggest  any rules that  you think is necessary....this is an open thread and is open for you all ..Please share  your opinions , expectation's , analysis here..

So Start the Ball rolling Girls ..............😃

Edited by tanthya - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ok tanthu we will post our views in this thread
tanthya thumbnail

Ok Let me kick start ...

Yesterdays episode continued to show the crumbling feudal order,  contemporary ideas have begun to make inroads into the haveli ....and the initiator of this modern thoughts was found in her room scribbling over a plain paper ..What was she writing with so much absorbtion..and  what is the sudden switch from a fiery amazon to a soft and meek angel..Are the CV's setting up the scene for the breakdown..for if and when it ocurs a soft and quiet Pratigya will make for an effective portrayal than an strident Pratigya  ...SIDE NOTE : We witnessed the same Pratigya before the court scene too....

Kesar seems  to stride confidently towards being an empowered woman ..she has got financial independence now [ for only a short while though] ..will this be the capital that will increase her fortune or just a flash in the pan ..her decision to abort the child is debatable..on the one hand  , the Cv's have tried to convey that Kesar has begun to  make decision's on her own , she is in control of her body but o by opting for abortion , fearing the persecution of Thakur's..she is reduced to being a helpless female again..

Amma seems to be having many things on her plate .. Two young daughter's inlaw  chewing on the bit, A Mother In law who has discovered her voice and has developed a liking for over ruling Amma's diktata, Two grown men  reliving juvenile days and  an old beaten man for a husband...she is handling them all, with aplomb and managing the house with great tact ...In fact she is the  glue that is holding this house from collapsing ..she is maintaining or trying to maintain an order amidst the chaos that comes when the system is in flux..

Krishna is coming apart..slowly but surely , his nerves are wearing thin, he is quick to take umbrage, gets defensively offensive ..His normal unflappability , his good humor is in abeyance ..He is steadily but ruthlessly being pushed into corner..There are only two options for him ..fight or surrender ..

Shakthi has finally began to articulate his inner most feelings..he has watched over the years his younger brother being pampered, he has resented this and has expressed his resentment , only to be shut down...but like any acid that corrodes the iron and wears it down..Resentment and jealousy has worn Shakthi's patience thin..He has begun to speak and Haveli has begun to develop fissures..will Shakthi stop before everything crumbles..or is this a motion deigned to destroy all ..

Time will tell ..
HamiSky thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Tanth....
Its time we get new interesting characters in the show...even cameos would do.

Donno wat happened to the Mathurs..they seem to have been completely gone. Did our strong criticising of Mathurs gave CVs an impression that we are averse to new characters or smth?
We just wanted characters who can give a tough fight to people staying at TN...
after showing Tahkurs...its CVs n POPs responsibility to take care taht any new char introduced should at least match Thakurs' acting.

With new KP track coming up which seems interesting..apart from that they handle it well..I wanna see new interesting characters (actors should act well..MKAP has a good history of non-actors) be introduced.
Additionally new locales, out door shots also should give a  refreshing look n feel to the show.

HamiSky thumbnail

Originally posted by: tanthya

Ok Let me kick start ...

Yesterdays episode continued to show the crumbling feudal order,  contemporary ideas have begun to make inroads into the haveli ....and the initiator of this modern thoughts was found in her room scribbling over a plain paper ..What was she writing with so much absorbtion..and  what is the sudden switch from a fiery amazon to a soft and meek angel..Are the CV's setting up the scene for the breakdown..for if and when it ocurs a soft and quiet Pratigya will make for an effective portrayal than an strident Pratigya  ...SIDE NOTE : We witnessed the same Pratigya before the court scene too....

Kesar seems  to stride confidently towards being an empowered woman ..she has got financial independence now [ for only a short while though] ..will this be the capital that will increase her fortune or just a flash in the pan ..her decision to abort the child is debatable..on the one hand  , the Cv's have tried to convey that Kesar has begun to  make decision's on her own , she is in control of her body but o by opting for abortion , fearing the persecution of Thakur's..she is reduced to being a helpless female again..

Amma seems to be having many things on her plate .. Two young daughter's inlaw  chewing on the bit, A Mother In law who has discovered her voice and has developed a liking for over ruling Amma's diktata, Two grown men  reliving juvenile days and  an old beaten man for a husband...she is handling them all, with aplomb and managing the house with great tact ...In fact she is the  glue that is holding this house from collapsing ..she is maintaining or trying to maintain an order amidst the chaos that comes when the system is in flux..

Krishna is coming apart..slowly but surely , his nerves are wearing thin, he is quick to take umbrage, gets defensively offensive ..His normal unflappability , his good humor is in abeyance ..He is steadily but ruthlessly being pushed into corner..There are only two options for him ..fight or surrender ..

Shakthi has finally began to articulate his inner most feelings..he has watched over the years his younger brother being pampered, he has resented this and has expressed his resentment , only to be shut down...but like any acid that corrodes the iron and wears it down..Resentment and jealousy has worn Shakthi's patience thin..He has begun to speak and Haveli has begun to develop fissures..will Shakthi stop before everything crumbles..or is this a motion deigned to destroy all ..

Time will tell ..

Wonderful :-)

corvette thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HamiSky

Tanth....

I'm not bothered about new characters personally - would like the existing ones to simply maintain their good work (we know who those are) or for the others to improve.

If the idea of bringing in new characters is to refresh and rejuvenate the show - I would say some decent story telling, consistency and focus on plots would do the same thing.

New actors = new distractions; more reason for the existing actors to continue acting badly IMO.

Although it is arguable it gives the existing actors a chance to rest, refresh and restore themselves.

Wow - whata  lotta "R"s!!!😆

Donno wat happened to the Mathurs..they seem to have been completely gone. Did our strong criticising of Mathurs gave CVs an impression that we are averse to new characters or smth?

Since when did our strong critism of anything sway the Cvs?

after showing Tahkurs...its CVs n POPs responsibility to take care taht any new char introduced should at least match Thakurs' acting.
As I'm a cynic I would say that's a hard act to follow - but I also acknowledge as in football - fresh legs can save the day - maybe some real compelling characters could do the same....but only maybe!😉

With new KP track coming up which seems interesting..apart from that they handle it well..I wanna see new interesting characters (actors should act well..MKAP has a good history of non-actors) be introduced.
Additionally new locales, out door shots also should give a  refreshing look n feel to the show.
Agreed on that one Hami!👍🏼

Things seem to warming up a littleon MKAP so my jury's out, but like the feeling of not quite knowing what;s going to happen next.....particularly wrt the Pratster and Saktiya....
Unfortunately the Saxes and their developments (or not as the case may be) hold no interest for me whatsoever......
tanthya thumbnail

Originally posted by: HamiSky

Tanth....

I would prefer cameos , Hami or even  character actors..My one stipulation being that they should not be at the cost of dumbing down Thakur's ..

Could be ..or they saw that Mathur's intro has not served the purpose of increasing the TRP's and actually has made us dislike them ..

Before they introduce any  actors..A work shop for Sax khandaan is badly needed..if not possible to expand  and enhance their repertoire, then please the change the actor's ..

Yes..tired of seeing the Haveli, Adda, and Sax house and the so called civil lines..

tanthya thumbnail

Things seem to warming up a littleon MKAP so my jury's out, but like the feeling of not quite knowing what;s going to happen next.....particularly wrt the Pratster and Saktiya....
Unfortunately the Saxes and their developments (or not as the case may be) hold no interest for me whatsoever......

Kulvi ,

I would like new characters with Sax fading away quietly and the new comers taking the centre stage.I would wish to see Pratigya fighting for Thakur's than against Thakur's ..

A tighter script with good dialogues are needed ..

Kulvi ,

I would like new characters with Sax fading away quietly and the new comers taking the centre stage.I would wish to see Pratigya fighting for Thakur's than against Thakur's ..

Pratigya fighting for Thakur's than against Thakur's ..
i think this one is much better k Prats fight for thakurs

Edited by kriya2010 - 13 years ago
HamiSky thumbnail

Kulvi ,

Exactly..Tanth..jsut for showing Sax..we cannot have stories on them....
If theycannot show anything good on Sax..let them get away or appear rarely...n pave way for new characters...

Just by keeping them showing tracks like ARushi marrying Shakti, Naina worrying about Komal-Adrash being happy is all rubbish. Nothing more on them.