MR stands as tall as AB with the sword

KavitaDR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi Everybody,๐Ÿ˜ณ

Mishal and the CVs are probably one of the greatest fans of Amitabh Bacchan and we have seen that in the mannerisms, the voice modulation and even the famous Manzilein sequence recently.
And watching the precap for Monday today, I could not help but draw a parallel between the scene shown with Dutta standing tall fencing off a sword that must have been hurled at him when he embraces Nakusha and the climax scene of Khuda Gawah when AB catches a sword in the same fashion.

That scene is a total rip-off from Khuda Gawah which incidentally was one of the highlights of AB/Sridevi reunion after 18 years of cruel separation. Hats off to MR to even try to emulate a source of inspiration of to many Bollywood and TV actors in India. The only difference being that MR does possess the finesse to carry it off. Please see below the YT link below and the scene I refer to starts at 9.00 minutes

I have to confess my disappointment for not having one of the most awaited reunion on the small sceen ever as that of Tasha, but we will console ourselves in the anticipation of memories that all LTLians will cherish for years.

Luv to all,

Kavitaโค๏ธ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deactivated1 thumbnail
I'm not a big fan of Amitabh Bachchan (as I think that he's overrated), but each to his own. I don't see any similarities between D and him, but your perspective is really interesting and so is the scene from KG in comparison to LTL.

Nice post ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘
Pooja_219 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hey kavita,
After seeing that pre-cap so many times,i thought that something is missing but yet i had this feeling that this sword thing i have seen before.Thanks for reminding me.
What a coincidence,on big screen & small screen same scenario being used on both my fav. stars.
I am now sure MR is mad about AB,if not him then someone on creative side definitely is.
But,have to give it to MR for trying it so well.

Pooja๐Ÿ˜Š
ShuVin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Kavi..๐Ÿ˜Š

nice post dear.....๐Ÿ‘ i ws also thinking abt dis scene wen i sw precap...but i didnt remember๐Ÿ˜ณ thnks for freshn up my memory....

same as Elysia... im also not soo much fan of  AB n never find similarities btwn D and AB.... but would love to see MR's performance๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

wen i sw Dutta in back his sher mode....i would lyk to say...one dialouge of danny from same movie KG....which he used for AB...now its suits for our TASHA n specially our fighter n sher DSP....๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Phanoos bankar shama jiski hifazat kare....

woh shama kya bujhegi jise Roshan khuda kare....๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

and dats DSP ...he wil defntly gonaa win๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Edited by --SONEE-- - 13 years ago
KavitaDR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Elysia]

I'm not a big fan of Amitabh Bachchan (as I think that he's overrated), but each to his own. I don't see any similarities between D and him, but your perspective is really interesting and so is the scene from KG in comparison to LTL.

Nice post ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

[/QUOTE]

Dear Ana,

Thank you.

"Each to his own", as you say Ana and it all depends on our individual perspectives. This forum is not meant to be grounds for debating the good and bad points of any other actors but the ones in LTL but a little bit of reverence to somebody who is considered an institution by himself would not harm. And MR does seem to be paying reverence to Amitabh Bacchan right from the start of LTL.

Kavita๐Ÿ˜ณ

ushankitvc thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Mishal is a gr8888 fan of AB.......... his entry scene too was that like in AGneepath....... even the dress same like that AB wore in Agneepath.......... when he was drunk and he lost the passing the parcel game also he sang ABs song......... and now this reunion and knife scene frm Khuda gawah......... Wow!!!! Agree with u that u r  a gr8888 AB fan.......... not only u but sumbody frmm CVs too is a fan of AB..... so u r getting this things to do.............
droopy_asleep thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for pointing it out Kavitha, yes I mentioned this too earlier, that his rendition of that couplet a few days ago, was also so AB-like, his reverence is not going un-noticed :)
I like it anyway...cause its apt for this situation :)
triasha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ya KAVITA...................i toooooooooo agree wid u.............its the BEST REUNION EVERRRRRRRRRR ON SMALL SCREEN...................loved MR in that he can only dare o do things lyk that.......similar to AB........and i thot mahi was standing on a tool to reach him......๐Ÿ˜†......lolzzzzzzzzzzzz..........LUV U MR........โค๏ธ.....thanks kavi for it...............lotzzzzz of hugsssssss๐Ÿค—ye monday kab ayega..........๐Ÿ˜ Edited by triasha - 13 years ago
meghaparti thumbnail
Well the scene seemed amazing to me..It certainly did remind of Kuda Gawah movie Kavita...but I m sure Monday n Tuesday r going to be rocking just wondering how will this weekend pass!
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
yh i'd say AB and Rajnikant...cos the mandir sequence, mishal sed it was a sequence Rajnikant did in 1 of his movies

tht sword scene was similar bt i didnt knw it was from KG...
jus nw i remembered in KSBKBT there was a sword scene wen tulsi-mihir meet after the last 20 yr leap between the riots, n a man puts a sword up like tht 2 kill tulsi, wen mihir grabs it jus above her head n the blood of mihirs falls in2 her maang-n ram sita song played in BG..

cos D's hand is bleeding, n naku has no sindoor in her maang so it wud b gr8 if D with his hand puts the blood across her maang...