MR stands as tall as AB with the sword - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
@ana
After girls, it's over to guns now. The actor is fond of dark films such as Donnie Brasco, God Father and Sarkar. Al Pacino, Robert de Niro, Johnny Depp and Amitabh Bachchan are his favourite actors.
http://tellycafe.com/tv-stories/a-girl%E2%80%99s-looks-do-matter-to-me-%E2%80%93-mishal-raheja/
Originally posted by Elysia

I read somewhere that Mishal said he found inspiration in Aamir Khan and Bruce Willis. I've never read an interview that said anything about him being a fan of AB. Can anyone direct me to an article? I'd like to read it.
i do think he did mention tht AB is his fav actor, and many other actors admire AB n look upto him 2...

i feel AB deserves evry bit of success he has experienced so far in life...he's dne wonderful work n has worked hard 2 gt 2 were he is... i see tht sort of determination in MR too... while there r sum actors tht i feel r overrated while sum tht r exceptionally gd bt nt talked bwt much becos they hav left movies...i.e. dilip kumar and rajesh khanna
Edited by Yuvika_15 - 13 years ago
Mishal is an actor that I can't and won't compare with anyone, regardless of how "legendary" the other is. For me, Mishal is simply one of a kind. He may have found inspiration in other movies/actors, but he is his own. He has his own unique style and, honestly, the man has a gift. Some legendary actors have struggled to become as good as they are, but Mishal has had something in him from the very beginning. In a young age, he has (acting-wise) achieved more than most Bollywood actors have. To me, that's a fact.

I can tell you who Vinnay reminds me of in acting or another actor on the show - but Mishal? No, he reminds me only of Mishal. He's unique when it comes to acting. There's something there, a power, an intensity, that for most actors takes years to find (and some never find it), but he just has it in him. He has an X-factor that I've never seen in anyone else and I'm crazy obsessed with Johnny Depp. Still, Mishal... no, can't be compared.

The man is simply a diamond that is yet to be discovered by the right people, so they can take him to higher places and reward him for his brilliant performances. In truth, it's Bollywood's loss. And it's my gain.

Sorry, just had to pour my heart out here, because comparing him to anyone, anyone at all (even if the actor is supposedly legendary), just doesn't make sense to me...
^^ i wasnt comparing him 2 AB i was sayin he has the sme determination of working hard n achieving high wich AB had n continues 2 hav... thts all...
of course MR is MR n AB is AB... different n best in their own way!
The initial post wasn't to compare AB and MR but the scenes! But obviously since a comparison was ensued, both are brilliant actors in their different way. It just so happens that because of the angry young man image that Dutta's perosnality has glimpses of, the source of MR's inspiration was AB. He said he watched his films to get a sense of a gangster image. 😃
If he is a Fan of AB and AK than I must say he has a Good Choice 😊
He is very lucky that he is being compared to AB whom he also adores and if he reads this he will be very proud that we found him very close to AB in terms of acting ....
Edited by Sia79 - 13 years ago
i think hes an ab fan too..yet let me make a BIG statement and say..
with all due respect to mr a.b mishal raheja will do an better renunion shot that that of the one done by a.b. all in all the context is different yet mishal is an ace actor...!
Originally posted by jagrutid

i think hes an ab fan too..yet let me make a BIG statement and say..
with all due respect to mr a.b mishal raheja will do an better renunion shot that that of the one done by a.b. all in all the context is different yet mishal is an ace actor...!

WORD! MR aka Dutta the dashingly handsome man looked incredible in that reunion. AB had blood pouring down his face! 🤢
thanks Kavi.. had watched this movie a long long time ago.. amazing u still remembered this scene and connected to it.. both the scenes are very poignant..the point of this post is not whether you like AB or not, but the similarity of the two shots and there is no doubt that this shot from LTL is inspired by this khuda gawah shot..

Mishal looks Dutta personified in this shot. the peace, calm, happiness, all portrayed absolutely beautifully in equal measures on his face.. he never ceases to amaze me and there is something in his eyes that emotes any emotion so well that no words can explain how well he does that..  
Originally posted by prettywoman

Mishal looks Dutta personified in this shot. the peace, calm, happiness, all portrayed absolutely beautifully in equal measures on his face.. he never ceases to amaze me and there is something in his eyes that emotes any emotion so well that no words can explain how well he does that..  
yh i agree n there arent many actors on TV tht hav tht factor in their acting other than iqbal khan--he was amazing as Angad Khanna...