Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ€— Reserved for reply, and I owe you a PM too! Until then, using one of the Sherlock sigs ;) How do you like the show? Edited by lola610 - 11 years ago
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: lola610

YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ€— Reserved for reply, and I owe you a PM too! Until then, using one of the Sherlock sigs ;) How do you like the show?

πŸ€—  I didn't think much of the first season but the second one was head and shoulders above it! Not blow-your-mind amazing, but definitely light, good fun! I like the characters of Watson, Mycroft, Moriarty...House we've already seen like Sherlock so that doesn't hold much novelty, especially because while Benedict Cumberbatch is a good actor, holding a candle up to Hugh Laurie is no short task, hmmm...

Hope you're doing well!
Sid.H thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yay update - res! will comment after iftaar ...

EDITED

Fattyy! sorry for taking forever and a day to comment - but i have to say I was blown away by ur update as always!

starting from the top - the BB avis are hilarious! its been so long since i've seen that show (and i cant even remember the boss' name)... but his words of-the day omg i used to crack up soo much! and u picked such amazingly perfect moments to gif! same with ragini-aamir-jay ones! and if i forget to say it later - i love the coloring of the update - the sepia-ish look makes them even more unique!
and awww seeing a prem creation after so long - gosh KB as prem was epic! loved it!
i am soo glad to see that no update of urs is complete without some LTL! DN - i miss them so much! the expressions the scene - well chosen!
oooh i have loved ur DeS creations - even last time i loved ur avis! it was such a good show! sanam and mikaal/meekal (i can never figure out how his name is spelled πŸ˜†) looked great together! Doraha - awww i loved that show too!
i didnt recognize the last one - but love it nonetheless :)

And OMG i have to say the Umera Ahemad tribute avis/gifs are by far the highlight of the update! each one stunningly made - with perfect scene selections!! now i need to watch the rest of the serials - only seen 4 out of the 6...new task ahead of me! :)

and ahh suits stuff!!! I am sooo addicted to that show - havent really been watching any indian shows lately other than NBTNMKK - everything else has gotten so dull - but suits! my current obsession - and Jessica Pearson is so ferociously hot! I LOVE her! the sig is fabbb!!!! and harvey-jessica one is great as well! they are just so awesome together!

The sherlock ones are all stunning too! I havent seen the show - but will probably put that in my to watch list :) esp like the last one

and finally - the stock image - gorgeous as always!!!

Looking fwd to ur next update!!! :)
Edited by sidra2007 - 11 years ago
burgerchaap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I don't know why, but your updates always manage to crash my computer or slow it in a way or another, regardless of the amount of stuff uploaded (though it's always worth it!). πŸ˜† 

Needless to say, everything is fantastic. Your minimal yet elegant colouring is always so captivating! I loveee the flow and softness you add in your creations. The UA gif set is hands down the best thing ever. I've only seen 2 of the shows of which you've made gifs of, but now I feel as though I must watch them all. πŸ˜³

Hehehe, I love this scene. Mansoor reacting to his conversation with Haider and venting it all to Durr; "maine aisa gher zimidar insaan apni zindagi mein nahi dekha, tumne dekha?" to which she serenely replies "haan, maine dekha hai" and the rest of the conversation that follows was commendable.  πŸ‘

Also, using one of the avis! Thanks!
Edited by burgerchaap - 11 years ago
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wowww!!! This update is SO hard to pick from Fatima ji! So you've thrown in some StuPANdous Amarjeet moments πŸ˜† Some of BB and of course Grurdev Gyan πŸ˜† Man! This show with its comic timing - ignoring the rundown as and after it happened - was SUCH a fun watch! Honestly the inspiring movie wasn't half the class, obviously! They pulled on some fantastic actors - even though the irony was that most people stepped on for Eijaz, and he got the minimal role πŸ˜› 

Anyway - so AJ is good to stand ID on my current mood status, so he goes to my profile avi! But can you please stack (horizontally) the 1st, 3rd, and 4th AJ avis? If they can be stacked of course... I totally want to use the whole BUNCH in the next rotation... 

But the HIGHLIGHT of the update is obviously Sherlock! By the way Fatima, I agree by the word to your take of Sherlock - and I'm going to spam your thread with more on the same now - since yayyy, you watched it!!! πŸ€— 

So I personally watched the 2 seasons almost in a go. Like one on a Saturday and the next on the Sunday of the same. So I guess it didn't occur to me so explicitly that there was a marked gap between the two seasons - but there is. Quite a bit too. I think the second episodes of both seasons, for one thing, are... well, underwhelming by the general standard of the show. I was never a fan of the Baskervilles to begin with even in the book. The first episode of season 1 - for me - just counted more in terms of being eased into introductions, more than the plot itself, I guess... The finale was good. So yeh, first season was - not rummy (quoting Bertie Wooster) but well, not epic, really. The second season opened GREAT (I thought) with episode 1! Louise for me did sheer justice to the kind of character one imagines her to be... from reading Sherlock... In fact, even better in the sense of a contemporary portrayal I guess. Episode 2 - I already said.

But the "CROWN" of the Sherlock series so far is obviously the season 2 finale - and what a finale that has been! πŸ‘ Again, I agree. Moriarty, Mycroft, Watson stand out more for me. Sherlock IS Sherlock, and I guess my appreciation of him is greater because in my head the contest was straight up by the jarring portrayal of Rob Jr. from the movies, rather than Dear Mr. Inimitable House himself - but when you mention him yes, Cumberbatch is great, but he's not Hugh Laurie. Anyway - so that's also a lacking I find more explicit when you make that comparison, in general, I was happy with Sherlock, quite happy - but Moriarty, Moriarty, Moriarty - SO takes the cake!!! πŸ‘  Andrew Scott TOTALLY deserved his Bafta! πŸ˜³ And can I say this Mycroft is SO MUCH MORE real than the clown in the movies. But then, the movies make an unintentional clown out of Sherlock himself, give us a Watson in Jude Law too overstepping for a Watson character... and I could go on! I see my extreme taking to the series is also, at least, partially out of sheer relief of the redemption it is to the movies! 

But finally to the Sherlock stuff. I totally drained out just about EVERY Sherlock account that exists on Tumblr to find SOMETHING worthy of the "honey you should see me in a crown" Moriarty moment - but everything - EVERY SINGLE THING - was so typical and cliche... it just didn't do justice! Of course, it had to take a "make-believer" to actually do Moriarty justice right πŸ˜Ž I laid eyes on that siggie, and I was IN LOVE... and I almost rushed to change my settings, but then I saw Mycroft and Sherlock - and much as I will admit Moriarty being my undisputed favorite - THAT siggie (now in my dabba β˜ΊοΈ) just SETS the mood of Sherlock (the fiction) into perspective! So.Much.Perspective! πŸ‘ 

Fantastic stuff - when is it not? I love the last end stock too - but there's just SO much to chose from this time... *happy content face* Going to come back to this update more than once! 

ps: I know, I know. What a scary length of a comment πŸ˜† 
-Aliya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
the coloring you use on avis is terrific! never seen avis like that

and your siggies are the best ever! they look fantastic
SunshineGirl6 thumbnail
WOWWW LOVED those avix <3 Doraha Malal Daam and Dur-e-Shahwar are my favourites forever !!! coloring and font are too good !!!
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: burgerchaap

I don't know why, but your updates always manage to crash my computer or slow it in a way or another, regardless of the amount of stuff uploaded (though it's always worth it!). πŸ˜† 

Needless to say, everything is fantastic. Your minimal yet elegant colouring is always so captivating! I loveee the flow and softness you add in your creations. The UA gif set is hands down the best thing ever. I've only seen 2 of the shows of which you've made gifs of, but now I feel as though I must watch them all. πŸ˜³

http://i.minus.com/iKf0Vn6brV6GX.gif
Hehehe, I love this scene. Mansoor reacting to his conversation with Haider and venting it all to Durr; "maine aisa gher zimidar insaan apni zindagi mein nahi dekha, tumne dekha?" to which she serenely replies "haan, maine dekha hai" and the rest of the conversation that follows was commendable.  πŸ‘

Also, using one of the avis! Thanks!

:awww: I think it's because of the gifs. I have to stop making so many! πŸ˜† Super sorry for the crash!

You watched DeS...brilliant! The other one of course I remember was Malaal on which you made some beautiful stuff. I'm flattered that you'd like to see more of the shows, thank you! If you really do, I'd recommend Doraha and Daam. I think you'll really like both of those.

Yep, I loved the scene that you quoted as well...πŸ˜† One of the best things about the show was the apparent peace, serenity and beauty in everything and simultaneously the mounts and mounts of conflict and turmoil underneath that...just like in this scene, where the visual, the moment is so beautiful, sort of encompassing that factor of the show...and the dialogues/conversation really cuts to the core issue :) 

Thank you for your extremely kind comment!

Originally posted by: without-fathom

Wowww!!! This update is SO hard to pick from Fatima ji! So you've thrown in some StuPANdous Amarjeet moments πŸ˜† Some of BB and of course Grurdev Gyan πŸ˜† Man! This show with its comic timing - ignoring the rundown as and after it happened - was SUCH a fun watch! Honestly the inspiring movie wasn't half the class, obviously! They pulled on some fantastic actors - even though the irony was that most people stepped on for Eijaz, and he got the minimal role πŸ˜› 

Anyway - so AJ is good to stand ID on my current mood status, so he goes to my profile avi! But can you please stack (horizontally) the 1st, 3rd, and 4th AJ avis? If they can be stacked of course... I totally want to use the whole BUNCH in the next rotation... 

But the HIGHLIGHT of the update is obviously Sherlock! By the way Fatima, I agree by the word to your take of Sherlock - and I'm going to spam your thread with more on the same now - since yayyy, you watched it!!! πŸ€— 

So I personally watched the 2 seasons almost in a go. Like one on a Saturday and the next on the Sunday of the same. So I guess it didn't occur to me so explicitly that there was a marked gap between the two seasons - but there is. Quite a bit too. I think the second episodes of both seasons, for one thing, are... well, underwhelming by the general standard of the show. I was never a fan of the Baskervilles to begin with even in the book. The first episode of season 1 - for me - just counted more in terms of being eased into introductions, more than the plot itself, I guess... The finale was good. So yeh, first season was - not rummy (quoting Bertie Wooster) but well, not epic, really. The second season opened GREAT (I thought) with episode 1! Louise for me did sheer justice to the kind of character one imagines her to be... from reading Sherlock... In fact, even better in the sense of a contemporary portrayal I guess. Episode 2 - I already said.

But the "CROWN" of the Sherlock series so far is obviously the season 2 finale - and what a finale that has been! πŸ‘ Again, I agree. Moriarty, Mycroft, Watson stand out more for me. Sherlock IS Sherlock, and I guess my appreciation of him is greater because in my head the contest was straight up by the jarring portrayal of Rob Jr. from the movies, rather than Dear Mr. Inimitable House himself - but when you mention him yes, Cumberbatch is great, but he's not Hugh Laurie. Anyway - so that's also a lacking I find more explicit when you make that comparison, in general, I was happy with Sherlock, quite happy - but Moriarty, Moriarty, Moriarty - SO takes the cake!!! πŸ‘  Andrew Scott TOTALLY deserved his Bafta! πŸ˜³ And can I say this Mycroft is SO MUCH MORE real than the clown in the movies. But then, the movies make an unintentional clown out of Sherlock himself, give us a Watson in Jude Law too overstepping for a Watson character... and I could go on! I see my extreme taking to the series is also, at least, partially out of sheer relief of the redemption it is to the movies! 

But finally to the Sherlock stuff. I totally drained out just about EVERY Sherlock account that exists on Tumblr to find SOMETHING worthy of the "honey you should see me in a crown" Moriarty moment - but everything - EVERY SINGLE THING - was so typical and cliche... it just didn't do justice! Of course, it had to take a "make-believer" to actually do Moriarty justice right πŸ˜Ž I laid eyes on that siggie, and I was IN LOVE... and I almost rushed to change my settings, but then I saw Mycroft and Sherlock - and much as I will admit Moriarty being my undisputed favorite - THAT siggie (now in my dabba β˜ΊοΈ) just SETS the mood of Sherlock (the fiction) into perspective! So.Much.Perspective! πŸ‘ 

Fantastic stuff - when is it not? I love the last end stock too - but there's just SO much to chose from this time... *happy content face* Going to come back to this update more than once! 

ps: I know, I know. What a scary length of a comment πŸ˜† 

Thank you for your very sweet comment, Jzee πŸ€— And thank you for recommending Sherlock! It made for something good to while away the hours. I liked everything in S2, including Baskervilles (which had some good Sherlock/Watson moments btw, plus they did the 'horror' bit of the mood there pretty well for a series!) better than S1. With the exception of the S1 finale as you said...that was on par with the rest of S2! I think somewhere along the way they found their groove especially in terms of writing...writing the plot less as a bare progression of clues and more with a feel of arching continuity both in terms of where the finale was leading to and also in terms of character development along the way. In S2 as well though, for example the end of the first episode, I was left a little jarred with Sherlock playing the proverbial and very cliched 'superman' to get Adler off the hook in the very last minute from her execution...in fact, I have to say that sometimes I find the show extremely comic book-y, theatric...but that's a conversation for another time. Back to the point wrt the end of that episode...they had been doing so, so well with Adler apparently 'duping' Sherlock into doing her bidding and then turning the tables to show that, wait a second, not so fast because Sherlock finally 'read' her right, having the upper hand on her after having been fooled by 'love' so to say...but that he would appear magically to 'save' her...both from a dramatic and logistical point of view, that was just a buzz kill. As I was telling Mash, the show requires some great level of suspension of disbelief...and this was something that really pushed it. 

Apart from that, I haven't watched the movies or read the original short stories, so I guess I didn't have much to compare to! Indeed, Watson, Mycroft, Moriarty are much more emphatic as characters in some ways, you could say...Sherlock is not too bad himself, but if I had to say who lights up the screen and adds more layers, personality, depth to the screen, it's those three. Word on what you said about Moriarty and Andrew Scott's portrayal...it was definitely off-beat, which is what makes for a great 'villain', no...that you don't know what they are going to pull the next minute, whether or not in terms of 'plans' but definitely more in terms of their sheer moods or reactions to things πŸ˜† Have to say, I'm usually one who shies away from anything 'fairy-tale' but the way it was incorporated into the S2 finale through Moriarty's character made it very, very interesting and I really liked that. 

Sherlock Tumblr folks are too busy being into slash, but then which fandom on Tumblr isn't πŸ˜† Once again, big thank you for your incredibly kind words as always :hug:

Originally posted by: -Aliya-

the coloring you use on avis is terrific! never seen avis like that

and your siggies are the best ever! they look fantastic

Thank you, Aliya! 

Originally posted by: Sunshine Girl

WOWWW LOVED those avix <3 Doraha Malal Daam and Dur-e-Shahwar are my favourites forever !!! coloring and font are too good !!!

Mine too! (: Thank you!
AreYaar thumbnail
Awesome update  as always, FattymaestroπŸ€—

LOLL@ the AJ and BB ones...WHEN will Sony waale upload the whole show on YT? When oh when? I would totally watch it on repeat...wish more of the AJ scenes had survived on YT...they deleted a lot of the stuff I think and you also don't have more epis saved to upload scenes from, haina?

Love the Sherlock sigs too...am in the middle of watching it and have to agree that Season 1 generally underwhelmed me until epi 3 and I'm liking season 2 more so far...the characters and their relationships with each other show more growth in season 2 I guess.

You're in a softer black&white mode these days for the avis, haan? Looks lovelyπŸ‘πŸΌ...especially suits the avis you make from UA shows

Please make more Malaal and LTL stuff aage if you're in the mood :-)

Edited by AreYaar - 11 years ago
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
You made the Shehwar-Mateen-Mansoor one? Its so cute yaar!! Mazaa aa gaya seriously. Loved the whole update.