Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: -jia-

U bet... I am... 😆 
Give me just a few minutes.. will post the update soon...😳

ok then do it fast cant wait anymore😆 
-jia- thumbnail

Thankyou for all the love you guys have given me. I just realized this FF has crossed 100 page… YAY.. and to think I was about to give up after 4/5 parts… so this is for all you lovely people who take the trash I throw out in the name of updates…..love you all…🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Dedicated to all my readers….

Part 16

"Geet….Geet" Maan shouted at the top of his voice. He had been searching for his cell phone and couldn't find it. "Why does she have to move my stuff?" he muttered as he walked towards the table looking for it.

"Kya hai baba?? Kyun subah subah pura ghar sir pe chada rakha hai?" She came running to the room carrying a belan and flour all over her hands. "What?" She screamed.

"I cannot find my cell" he looked through the piles of files on the table spilling some on the floor.

"Maan. You are making a mess in the room" she cried looking at the floor which was now covered with loose papers.  He was too busy to pay any attention to his wife until he heard her scream his name again. "MAAN" He turned around to find himself facing a ferocious lady holding a belan and he gulped.  She was staring intensely at the floor and then at the bed sheets. The bed which she had made just a few moments ago now looked like a tornado had hit it. She looked at Maan with fire in her eyes.  As she proceeded to walk slowly towards him, Maan took a step back. She spoke gritting her teeth. "Your cellphone is exactly where you kept it last night. Next. To. The. Bed. On. The. Night. Stand." She hissed slowly and carefully pronouncing each and every word. And with that she turned around and left a sweating Maan standing in the middle of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maan walked to the dining table to find Geet serving the breakfast as usual. She looked calm and composed and Maan sighed in relief. He had never seen this side of Geet before and never wanted to again as long as he lived. After picking his phone where she had told it would be, he had tried to clean up the mess he had made in the room. He picked up all the papers that lay on the floor and stacked them back on the table. He even tried to make the bed, though he wasn't very successful but he still tried. He took a seat next to Daadima as she proceeded to serve him his coffee and omelet. He glanced at her and half heartedly picked up the fork eyeing the paranthas on the table. He didn't want to instigate her further. If she served him omelet then that's what he was eating.

"Don't worry, I didn't forget to put the salt today" she whispered in his ear causing him to choke on his coffee. He sputtered the coffee and coughed cleaning his mouth with a napkin while Geet snickered.

"Maan, Aaraam se, kya hua?" Daadima asked looking at the flushed face of his grandson.

Geet stroked his back urging him to be more careful. She knew what caused the reaction and she smiled inwardly keeping her face etched with worry for him. Maan looked up at her with a surprise and she lifted her eyebrows asking him 'what?' and then smiled making his lips to curve upwards. Their moment of undying happiness didn't last very long when Dev barged into the house causing all the heads to turn in his direction.

Savitri Devi instantly got up and hugged him while Geet and Maan stood close by. Geet looked up to see Maan seething, anger evident in his eyes. She slowly laced their hands together and intertwined the fingers. Caressing his hand with her thumb slowly she tried relaxing her husband and it seemed to be working until she felt Maan's hold on her hand tightening. She looked at him at the same time he turned to face her. She blinked her eyes softly telling him that she was alright.

"Good morning Bro, Hi Geet" Dev greeted the couple.

"Bhabhi" Maan said authoritively squeezing Geet's hand and pulling her closer to him.

Looking at his brother in confusion, Dev looked at Daadi and then at Maan again when he repeated "Geet Bhabhi"

Embarrassment flooded Dev's face as he repeated his greeting, clearing his throat, "Hello Geet Bhabhi" He spoke looking at her while his senses alert on Maan's face.

Geet just nodded her head in acknowledgement when Maan turned around and started to drag her away from there. But he stopped mid way hearing Dev speak again.

"Congratulations. I didn't think you would ever get married." He took a seat on the dining table making him self comfortable. He picked up an apple and took a bite, "You know I met Sameera and even she was surprised to know that you have finally tied a knot even though you were reluctant to do it with her." He smirked trying to read Maan's face which still held no emotion. "Looks like Daadi had to do a lot of pleading" he rubbed in still trying to get a reaction from Maan.

Geet looked at her husband who was now looking away from her and glaring at Dev. She tightened her hold on his hand forcing Maan to slowly turn towards her. She shook her head slightly and smiled weakly at him trying to be his support as best as she could.

Maan took a deep breath and finally spoke, "Thankyou Dev. I hope Daadima must have told you that you will be staying in the outhouse not the main mansion." He smiled seeing the color fade from Dev's face. "And as for Daadima forcing me to marry, I am happy she did. Otherwise I wouldn't have had the pleasure of having Geet as my wife" He looked at Geet with love in his eyes and walked away holding her close to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dev was infuriated when Daadima confirmed that whatever Maan said was true. He paced the room to and fro. "I have to live in the outhouse now because of Geet?" he was beyond exasperated.

"Maan doesn't want you here after what you did with Geet, it will be uncomfortable for the poor girl and I agree with him." Daadima tried to reason with him.

"Uncomfortable for her?" He spat in anger.

Hearing him mutter profanities under his breath, she scolded him "Dev, show some respect, she is your bhabhi."

"First because of Maan, I was deprived of this house till I was ten and now because of his wife I cannot live here?" Dev spat. "I hate him, always have and always will"

"Dev, You know its not his fault but your own mother's" she spoke softly trying to get him to see some sense.

Dev waved a hand not paying any attention to what she was saying and walked off. Savitri Devi dejectedly sat on the sofa with a splitting headache and an unknown fear in her heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The drive to the office was silent. They both knew that Maan was forced into this marriage but it still bothered Maan when Dev had mentioned it at the house. Geet on the other hand was wondering who was Sameera and why hadn't Maan ever mentioned her. She wanted to ask him but didn't know how. She decided she would wait for him to open up on his own. Parking the car, Maan turned to face Geet, who looked at him perplexed. She glanced up at him. Her brown eyes filled with deep pools of emotion, searched his for answers to unspoken questions. He wanted to reassure her but didn't know how. Wanted to offer her comfort but couldn't. Wanted to show her that she was his whole world but words failed him. So he decided to say one thing that he could do.

"Geet, I know we didn't get married under normal circumstances but I just want to let you know that I am happy today and------I'm yours," he said

He sighed and continued, "And don't ever doubt that----"

Geet placed her hand on his mouth "Maan, I know, I can see it in your eyes" Kissing her palm he brought her hand close to his chest over his heart.  "I trust you" she added. He could only guess that she had the same emotions in her as he did at the moment. Longing to take her back to the house and love her until the whole world disappeared; he dropped a kiss on the top of her head.

Ok My Lovelies… as you figured out there is a reason Dev hates Maan since childhood. It will be revealed in the next part hopefully.

I hope this part was up to your expectations. Please do leave comments.Its gives me motivation to write more plus I love reading them.

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT!!!

Please hit the "LIKE" if you enjoyed the update..

😊😊😊😊😊

Hinal.94 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
yaaaaaaaaaaa first one to comment

loved it

i really hope maan gives dev such an answer that dev should never in his life forget that he tried to go against the maan singh khurana 
loved when geet shouted on maan for making a mess out of his room
Edited by hinalshah - 13 years ago
jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I loved Maan-Geet and Dev's confrontation. The way they held hands, the way they tried to soothe each other, offering comfort through the distress. Geet's trust on Maan is commendable. 
007jindal thumbnail
Lovely.hope dev dnt create prob b/w maaneet
Miss-Riz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey great part Awsome as always keep up the good work...continue soon with the next update :)
krati5 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
very very lovely update. plz show write sum maaneet's moments of their understanding with time
Vintagepeach thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
loved it...
superb...
update soon...
maaneetkimeet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
lovley update dera ...............
rupzloveu thumbnail