Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: CZ..

but in our country cinematic excellence = no. of popularity awards. there is no such thing as 'objectivity' when it comes to films or performances in our country. there's too much influence and bias that always seeps through. I'm not saying kareena doesn't deserve everything she's got, she's a good actress and every good actor deserves his/her due recognition - she's just not as great as she's being touted to be, IMO. her performances are still a far cry from 'cinematic excellence'. 

see thts the thing...i dunt agree with ur cinematic excellence = no. of popularity awards statement...srk gets the most popularity awards, but ppl prefer ajay as an actor...katrina sweeps all the popularity awards, but ppl prefer vidya as an actor.....one is popular, the other is a better actor.....we cant expect all gr8 actors to be wildly popular because we cannot dictate wht the audience should or shouldnt like....its their choice...similarly, we cant say all popular actors are completely hopeless at acting....

point is...everyone has their own niche...and gets whtever they deserve in tht niche...
Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Smarie then lets take a break from defending kareena and indulge in some fun!

Check out some funny captions some of the members on kareena forum put down for these pics, lol! We love laughing at bebo's ditzinesss, haha!

From Parikrama Rock Concert
Saif - "YEahh, Music smoke across the wheeeeeeeeeeeel, yeeah, gtreat chords duddddddddddddde, rock onnnnnnnnn"

Kareena - "HEyyyyy saifuuuuuu why are these people not dancing whilst they sing? they could have atleast made an effort to include some , glitter, silver or gold in thier outfits, what kind of stage performance is this suposed to be? If they would have asked me I would have lent that moustached rocker my mauja mauja stage pants, after all they have been recycled enough times so far Confused "
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

see thts the thing...i dunt agree with ur cinematic excellence = no. of popularity awards statement...srk gets the most popularity awards, but ppl prefer saif as an actor...katrina sweeps all the popularity awards, but ppl prefer vidya as an actor.....one is popular, the other is a better actor.....we cant expect all gr8 actors to be wildly popular because we cannot dictate wht the audience should or shouldnt like....its their choice...similarly, we cant say all popular actors are completely hopeless at acting....

point is...everyone has their own niche...and gets whtever they deserve...

so what category does kareena fall in? 
shes trying to balance both....on one hand shes done the "critically acclaimed" kinda roles like omkara, chameli, kurbaan etc and now shes doing "masala" stuff like golmaal etc...which is wht her contemporaries like PC,aishwarya are trying to do aswell....but mostly...they all fall under the latter category...i.e popular actors..Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
U-No-Poo thumbnail

shes trying to balance both....on one hand shes done the "critically acclaimed" kinda roles like omkara, chameli, kurbaan etc and now shes doing "masala" stuff like golmaal etc...which is wht her contemporaries like PC,aishwarya are trying to do aswell....but mostly...they all fall under the latter category...i.e popular actors..

so that's exactly what I'm trying to say. she's a 'popular' actress who acts fairly well, but isn't as high and mighty as she's being hyped to be. she's had her share of good work and bollywood masala flicks, so have her contemporaries. I just don't happen to think that she's the 'best' right now. 
^^thts fine if u dunt think shes the best...but i (and other ppl) happen to think that because she can balance the charisma and flamboyance needed for masala flicks, and the subtlely and nuances needed for the performance oriented roles,shes quite versatile and hence, a "superstar actor" overall...but u dunt have to agree with me...like i said...its ur opinion if u dunt think shes the best..and i respect tht.. Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: desigal90

If you think Kurbaan was one of her worst, there's no way we're gonna agree.

Kurbaan was a super powerpacked performance. Everyoen from critics to audiences agreed that she overshadowed even Saif in the film. And Saif is perfection when he does those kinda cold characters.

I may not be a huge Kareena fan but I gotta agree with you here!
U-No-Poo thumbnail

^^thts fine if u dunt think shes the best...but i (and other ppl) happen to think that because she can balance the charisma and flamboyance needed for masala flicks, and the subtlely and nuances needed for the performance oriented roles,shes quite versatile and hence, a "superstar actor" overall...but u dunt have to agree with me...like i said...its ur opinion if u dunt think shes the best..and i respect tht..

I'm saying it again - COOLIO! ðŸ˜† although it would have been coolio even if you didn't respect my opinion, I love angry debates ðŸ˜ˆ ðŸ˜†
mee too...but then....i dunt wanna make life hell for the poor mods!! ðŸ˜†
U-No-Poo thumbnail

mee too...but then....i dunt wanna make life hell for the poor mods!! ðŸ˜†

aah if there's one section of folks I can never feel 'sorry' for, then it's the entire 'mod' group ðŸ˜† don't ask my why ðŸ˜†