Rekha , Rani and Kareena original choices for Heeramandi

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago
#1

Confirmed by SLB in a video interview with Lily Singh at the  LA premiere of Heeramandi ., 

Created

Last reply

Replies

33

Views

1963

Users

16

Likes

33

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

Posted: 1 months ago
#2

Would've been so much better for sure instead of the z-grade actresses he signed 

Posted: 1 months ago
#3

Should have gone ahead with these 3. I am sure this film/series would have been better than that trash gangubai

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 months ago
#4

SLB couldn't get 1 A lister  actress for his show.Not one of the many talented actors on OTT.

When the aura slips,it is all over. Another Director done and dusted.

He joins Aditya Chopra,Karan Johar,Rajkumar Hirani and others.

Posted: 1 months ago
#5

Originally posted by: you2

SLB couldn't get 1 A lister  actress for his show.Not one of the many talented actors on OTT.

When the aura slips,it is all over. Another Director done and dusted.

He joins Aditya Chopra,Karan Johar,Rajkumar Hirani and others.

Alia effect. Gangubai was a mess & the downfall is evident.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Thriller Tribe

Posted: 1 months ago
#6

Originally posted by: you2

SLB couldn't get 1 A lister  actress for his show.Not one of the many talented actors on OTT.

When the aura slips,it is all over. Another Director done and dusted.

He joins Aditya Chopra,Karan Johar,Rajkumar Hirani and others.

Dil bahlane ko galib, ye khayal aacha haa

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 months ago
#7

Originally posted by: you2

SLB couldn't get 1 A lister  actress for his show.Not one of the many talented actors on OTT.

When the aura slips,it is all over. Another Director done and dusted.

He joins Aditya Chopra,Karan Johar,Rajkumar Hirani and others.


It's because it's a show, not a movie,  A listers still don't want to do shows as they think it brings down their star status. If they were offered a movie from slb then many A listers would jump at a chance at working with him

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 months ago
#8

Originally posted by: zara321


It's because it's a show, not a movie,  A listers still don't want to do shows as they think it brings down their star status. If they were offered a movie from slb then many A listers would jump at a chance at working with him

Shahid kapoor,Sid Malhotra,Varun Dhawan are doing OTT series.

Kajol,Kiara,Samatha,Sushmita have done series.Urmila,Ananya,Vani,Shilpa are doing series...

 I am most surprised that he couldn't pay normal talented OTT male stars.He got everyone at the cheapest rate...Fardeen? Adhyayan,Shekhar Suman? He was scraping the bottom. None of the actresses he took are dancers.yet the series is about courtesans .

When  SLB couldn't find a producer for Insahallah,and it got shelved.No one was giving him money for Baiju Bawra.  He decided to direct and give his name to Heera Mandi.

He who used to work with Khans...

It is not a good look.

Edited by you2 - 1 months ago
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 months ago
#9

Originally posted by: you2

Shahid kapoor,Sid Malhotra,Varun Dhawan are doing OTT series.

Kajol,Kiara,Samatha,Sushmita have done series.Urmila,Ananya,Vani,Shilpa are doing series...

 I am most surprised that he couldn't pay normal talented OTT male stars.He got everyone at the cheapest rate...Fardeen? Adhyayan,Shekhar Suman? He was scraping the bottom. None of the actresses he took are dancers.yet the series is about courtesans .

When  SLB couldn't find a producer for Insahallah,and it got shelved.No one was giving him money for Baiju Bawra.  He decided to direct and give his name to Heera Mandi.

He who used to work with Khans...

It is not a good look.


It's a show with multiple female leads, that's much harder to cast A listers, if it was just one lead they could easily cast an A listers 

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 months ago
#10

Originally posted by: zara321


It's a show with multiple female leads, that's much harder to cast A listers, if it was just one lead they could easily cast an A listers 

Every body has to go through Post Deepika slump..after career highs.