Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Hmm...seems like there's been some kinda mistake, coz various other media sources reported otherwise, that she was approahced for Sabrina. Even the director said so.

I think some media sources got confused adn thought it was Jessica's role. And tbh, if I had to trust either Kareena or the director...i'd choose director, coz half the time, this girl screws up infomration about evne her own films. She's been harping on and on about not doing any stunts in agent vinod, and sriram just came out iW*H an interview saying how they have to start the stunts with kareena and saif soon.

Besides, I've caught kareena lying as well, far too many times, to take her seiorusly, lol
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ladygaga

Anyways i am glad that she didn't do it.. i don't think it was her type of role anyways.. its an introverted role.. she could have played rani's role coz she is more of an extrovert.. and she would have suited reporter's role better.

I agree. her performances usually aren't very nuanced. she's a good actress but fails to blend any depth in her performance - that's one of the reasons I can't connect with her on screen. I guess she's used to louder roles; inept at the subtle ones.

I'm glad vidya did it and if she was offered rani's role, then even happier that rani did it ðŸ˜†
^^i dunt think shes inept at subtle roles...dev,, refugee and omkara were subduded roles and she was quite good in those.....infact those were her most acclaimed works...kareenas quite versatile tht way...Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Even Chameli, there were portions when she woudl just look across the screen space and you coudl feel her pain.

Ahh, these awesome roles just make me more upset with her choices!

^^desu shes a veteran today...let the girl breathe and have her fun....once her big films flop...she'll come back to do chamelis and omkaras...😆
ladygaga thumbnail
Now that i think of it.. it has been since forever taht we have seen her in a complex role.. chameli, Asoka, even Aitraaz.. was good, Dev, Refugee.. i have almost forgotten.. her good performances.. she needs to take up a complex role ASAP.. Kurbaan sucked acc to me .. coz the movie on the whole made no sense.. and except her outburst at the end.. ther was nothing special in the role.. Edited by ladygaga - 13 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I haven't seen Chameli....or Dev🤔Are they good? 
desigal90 thumbnail
A reminder of what she's capable of doing but chooses not to do :(

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAJPOmxanOs[/YOUTUBE]
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I like that scene 🤣 she was really good
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

^^i dunt think shes inept at subtle roles...dev,, refugee and omkara were subduded roles and she was quite good in those.....infact those were her most acclaimed works...kareenas quite versatile tht way...

yes, but nowhere as good as the standard. she was good according to her own standards, which are quite low considering that she's more competent in the masala genre. If vidya or konkana did an omkara the way kareena did, then I don't think their performance would garner them equal amount of appreciation because people expect a lot more from them. in that sense, films like dev and omkara were out of kareena's comfort zone. she performed fairly well, but it wasn't anything outstanding either. 
Edited by CZ.. - 13 years ago