Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

macho_muffin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
O-M-G😲

omggg i feel like banging their heads together and screaming out, "you morons....freaking say ILY to each other, like finally"😆.....though i always find it hilarious when i see this in other stories and real life as well....how two really smart people become two of the most dense people ever when it comes to matters of the heart😉
Devi....pweez, aur kitna torture karogi? *pouts*
so my plan was not to read your last couple of updates and then read it all together so i don't get tortured daily by not seeing your updates....well guess what?....the entire plan back fired😆....i was re-reading old updates and since my fingers were itching to open your pms, i just opened one....just one okay....that too, in physics class and omggg i was like hyperventilating while my professor was teaching about charges and attraction....ya, just my luck...the topic was on that😆
and then i got wayy too impatient and ended up reading evrything and here i am now, can't wait for the next update....at all....*aye caramba*

and omggg this thread is soo addicting as well😳....i soo wanna watch all the dramas mentioned here but my personal hell, college and orgo, has started *pouts*.....and heck, i am a teenager and haven't even watched grey's anatomy....how pathetic is that lol....dude i tell you, your ffs and this thread are wayy too distracting!
Edited by macho_muffin - 13 years ago

Chapter 89:  Sangeet – Part 2

She made her way out of the crowd and into the parking lot, but couldn't find him there even though she could see that his car was already parked.  She was a bit disappointed as she made her way back in.  It would be hell to find him with all the people inside; besides, she didn't want to make it obvious that she was looking for him and she didn't want to call him and make it seem like she had been counting the minutes until he came.

And so she made her steps purposely unhurried as she made her way back in.  She wandered through the crowd taking her time, but when he still hadn't found her fifteen minutes later, she was peeved.  What was the stupid point of wearing such a sexy sari that was getting looks from most of the men around her if the one that you wanted to notice seemed to not even be in the vicinity, or even terribly interested in finding you!

There was a waiter already walking around with cocktails and on impulse, she grabbed one.  It was still early and she was not even a social drinker.  Errant boyfriends – turning sweet and sexy girlfriends into alcoholics one at a time!  She mentally gave up a toast before taking a sip… and then several more…

Some guy that she had never seen before tried to introduce himself to her.  She didn't want to be rude, so she stayed and made pleasantries for five minutes before deciding that sufficient time had passed for her to make her un-rude escape.  Just as she turned around, she ran smack into his chest.  Her heart dropped to her stomach just like that.  It was incredible really, how he affected her like this even after three-something years.

"Careful…"  he said in that voice of his that always managed to send shivers down her spine as he steadied her by the elbows.

"Um…"  she started before looking up at him and then lost her train of thought…

She really shouldn't have worn this sari. Now she felt naked… and everywhere her skin was showing, she knew there were goosebumps cropping up to give her away…

"Uh…" she started again… before realizing that, unbeknownst to her, her power of speech had been replaced by monosyllabic stuttering. 

When fight was in jeopardy, flight was really the only safe option.  She was getting really good at generating such catchy pearls-of-wisdom in her head… she gave herself a mental pat-on-the-back while murmuring a quick 'excuse me' and making a speedy getaway. 

She remembered then how she had run from him another time too… another time when his proximity and his whispers during a power-outage had made her forget herself for a moment… and how he had caught her quick intake of breath and watched her eyes close in pleasure… and how he had followed her to an empty hallway to give her her first kiss…  

With a certain deja vu, she rushed out into the hallway now and snuck into the first room that she found; a makeshift office with its walls lined with books, it turned out.  It was blessedly empty, which was nothing short of a miracle given that every square inch of the house was currently over maximum capacity.  She walked over to the window to open it a bit and stood there staring out. 

Another ten minutes passed in silence without anyone coming knocking…  By then, she was feeling irritated beyond measure.  To add to it, a mosquito flew in just then and landed on her bare shoulder.  She slapped it so hard that she was sure that she bruised herself.  The mosquito evidently had no plans to be bruised much less flattened out of the mortal coil so easily just because a silly chit was cross with her tardy boyfriend, because it flew off with not a sting, itch, or scratch. 

The girl on the other hand, rubbed her shoulder vigorously, while returning to her musings.

It was like he had not even noticed that she looked smashing.

Maybe she didn't look so smashing.

She looked around the room to see if there was a mirror to answer her, "Who's the fairest of them all (to Aarya)?", but of course, there was none to be found.  She made do with the lazy reflection on the window pane, which essentially told her nothing.  There was a lot of skin, some hazy black, and a bit of silver sparkles on the pane…

When another five minutes passed and he still hadn't come, she wondered why she had even decided to come to this Sangeet.  Of course, Shiv, Gauri, and all their kin and pals were fun folk, but there were two itty bitty ones at home who were also oodles of fun… when they weren't taking their ten hour naps, that is…

She stalked over to the door and opened it then, reprimanding herself for being the dimwit waiting in an unoccupied home-library/office for a secret assignation with her clearly negligent boyfriend while there was a party outside in full-swing.  Just as she opened the door, she saw him standing there raising his hand towards the knob.

She gave him what she hoped was the laser-point of her withering-to-ashes look before walking out.  She heard him call her name, but she didn't look back as she joined the throng of people. 

She hoped that he got swarmed and bitten to pieces by a clan of mosquitoes that were the pest-equivalent of Attila-the-Hun!

-----------------------------------------------

Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago
jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Just love Nirosha....even though vocally reduced to monosyllables...she can mentally hold a conversation equal to a group of people!!

Hope her withering-to-ashes look made the required impact😆
Edited by jazzerette - 13 years ago
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@Jazz, Tammie: Stalkers of the world unite

I loved the dresses...Though I liked Nirosha's the most..(Maybe because I am partial to the color).

Great update...I love how all the heroines have these very funny exhcanges all in their heads ðŸ˜†...You had me cracking up at so many places....Loved it!

Edited by -pixie- - 13 years ago
jazzerette thumbnail

Originally posted by: -pixie-

@Jazz, Tammie: Stalkers of the world unite

Lolzz....That sounds like a comic book title!! Do we get to wear cape and costumes??🤣
her_story thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
yay! the update is here! nw i cn go bak to my lazy aftrnun nap in peace..lol
lovely update! love nirosha..
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: jazzerette

Lolzz....That sounds like a comic book title!! Do we get to wear cape and costumes??🤣

@ Jazz & Pixie - As long as I get to wear a cape, I'm so in!

@Devi - great update.  (What in the world are you doing up at this time of night?   Hey!  What am I doing up at thist time of night?!  Oh that's right.  My refresh-itis is acting up a bit....  good night all!) 
Edited by saomom - 13 years ago
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Tammie/JazZ: I will design the costumes myself...worry not!!😆
jazzerette thumbnail
@Shradha...I want a black one!! ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by: saomom

@ Jazz & Pixie - As long as I get to wear a cape, I'm so in!

@Devi - great update.  (What in the world are you doing up at this time of night?   Hey!  What am I doing up at thist time of night?!  Oh that's right.  My refresh-itis is acting up a bit....  good night all!) 

I have had an hour of sleep because of a report that I had to finish for work.  I am counting on this new snow storm to start early so that I can cancel my appointments and go back to sleep.