Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: .Arjun

Well movie do have great impact on the audience. Like extreme action movies can induce a person to be violent. Another example would be horror movies. People do get scared at homes too ...the impact of movie is long lasting. I think some old hindi had a ending where both lovers commit suicide ..after that there were news reports of several real life lovers committing suicide  ....movie was the inspiration 😳 

I do get your point but I still feel movies have some impact too. In movie they show as if being gay is too cool in today's world ...i mean they put it a very positive light.

As far as original topic goes, I think its important find out if same sex attraction feelings are natural :)

actually if a person is more mature, he can't really get influenced like a kid gets influenced. 

Also getting induced to commit suicide and getting induced to change your orientation is different.

I agree, movies have some impact.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Bollywood movies, as far as homosexuality is concerned, are not produced exactly to promote homosexuality...you see, homosexuality is something that has not been touched upon much, and it is considered a taboo in India...as many people shun homos. Homosexuality movies are produced to make the audience feel 'comfortable' with the concept of homosexuality and not to view it as something wrong/evil. Unfortunately, people don't seem to get it. I won't blame them. Even in the States, people are very apprehensive about gays and lesbians, so I won't except the Indian society, where only recently the act favoring homosexuality passed, to accept it so fast. Besides, how many movies about this issue have been made in India? On the top of my head, the only thing I can think of is Fire and that new movie about 2 gay guys.

I just realized I used the term 'homosexuality' too often😆
Exactly ..I didnt mean to say movies change someone's orientation but they do make audience feel comfortable with homosexuality. Which in turn is resulting in wider acceptance of this in our society .
mr.ass thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

Bollywood movies, as far as homosexuality is concerned, are not produced exactly to promote homosexuality...you see, homosexuality is something that has not been touched upon much, and it is considered a taboo in India...as many people shun homos. Homosexuality movies are produced to make the audience feel 'comfortable' with the concept of homosexuality and not to view it as something wrong/evil. Unfortunately, people don't seem to get it. I won't blame them. Even in the States, people are very apprehensive about gays and lesbians, so I won't except the Indian society, where only recently the act favoring homosexuality passed, to accept it so fast. Besides, how many movies about this issue have been made in India? On the top of my head, the only thing I can think of is Fire and that new movie about 2 gay guys.

I just realized I used the term 'homosexuality' too often😆

thats because you like it secretly.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: old-black-joe

thats because you like it secretly.

all day, e'ry day.
Sorry but I know a guy who's into 3somes because he likes wtaching po*n movies a lot -- they give him daring "ideas" in trms of sexuality...it bcomes an obssession for him....So Videos may have an impact on people's sexual activity - let's face it/./////
mr.ass thumbnail

Originally posted by: lalixlili

Sorry but I know a guy who's into 3somes because he likes wtaching po*n movies a lot -- they give him daring "ideas" in trms of sexuality...it bcomes an obssession for him....So Videos may have an impact on people's sexual activity - let's face it/./////

he's more impressionable I guess.

Absolutely ...videos can have major impact on our lives :)  It is another way of mind controlling someone.
How do you stop attraction? Even people who lead celibate lives (nuns, monks, and others for whatever reason it may be) aren't asexual/impotent. Even they cannot defy the force of hormones. Abstinence is the control of that desire, not the total elimination of it. So if people wish to discourage homosexuality - then discourage the act, not the desire. (Though I think it is pretty clear what the consequence of that is).

Yep because threesome and orgies never existed prior to the invention of video camera. J/K. I think I do get your point (and the point Arjun put forth), but let's face it: people can be influenced into anything only to an extent. The rest - you do it because...well...you want it. People can't be influenced into anything until they chose to follow that step. We are not dealing with kids here, are we? Moreover, you said 'activity', not 'desire'. That said, yes the media does influence us to an extent, but on the flip side, doesn't po*n also reduce the rape rate too (I know that is a controversial and unprovable stance, but still)?
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 13 years ago
I know POH - I just meant that some people may be influenced by what they watch ---- And yes gay characters are shown in a good light in some tv series - people are less shocked....

Personnally my fave tv series is QAF U.S version -- so awesome...only gay characters mainly!!!!