Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: .Arjun

@ RTH

Not sure about conditioning. But there have been cases where newbie actors/model in glamour industry get into homo acts for the sake of getting work/money. They are perfectly straight guys but do compromise for money /work. And later it becomes addiction for them . So how can it be natural in this case ?

And media does not cause but encourages such acts by showing them in positive light. Video can brainwash/ mind control masses.

absolutely thats how the gays make the numbers.. there is a smalll minority though who have fear of women/hormonal imbalances/brain disorders etc to an extent that they compensate by turning towards guys.. the whole thing is people have given up on these perversions and also even though there is no scientific basis for their existence which can deem them normal..  nobody cares to treat them.... the day they become nuisance to the society at large they will be treated...

recently autism was dissociated from vaccines.. after being "accepted" for 20 years.. these guys will also be up for treatment when they start becoming nuisance to the society!!
@ PhoeniXof_Hades  (Whats your name BTW ? )

Liked your post. However this topic is about same-sex attraction. Should it be stopped or not ? Now if someone is gay or bi-sexual, how does it matter ? I mean they are still classified as homosexuals ..isn't it ? Anyone who leads such relationship with same gender person probably fits under this description.

Now about movies ..lets take a example of movie, say " Fire." I guess this flick had Shabana and other dusky gal Nandita ? . Now in the  movie it was clearly shown that their frustration in own marital lives led  them to such acts.

Now  would you say these two were Gay/Les by birth ? They did not do it for money for sure,. It was an attraction that they developed when they did not have easy access to normal sex. It was more of an experimentation for those two.

Also not all movies really "enlighten" society about Gay issues. I mean you would see that in documentaries but not in bolly masala movies ...lol .  Take Dostana for example or honeymoon travels, the lead heroes did not mind being called Gays  or there was not much taboo around that issue. I think when millions of viewers watch such movies, they kind of start to accept such relationships in society. And this leads more n more gay couples to commit their relationship openly.  They know that society has higher acceptance ratio now.

Now again if homosexuality is by birth or not ? natural or not ? dont know. I am looking for some concrete information. But I definitely see many out there who are doing it jsut for experimentation or when they dont have access to natural method.

Edited by .Arjun - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: .Arjun

@ PhoeniXof_Hades  (Whats your name BTW ? )

Liked your post. However this topic is about same-sex attraction. Should it be stopped or not ? Now if someone is gay or bi-sexual, how does it matter ? I mean they are still classified as homosexuals ..isn't it ? Anyone who leads such relationship with same gender person probably fits under this description.

Now about movies ..lets take a example of movie, say " Fire." I guess this flick had Shabana and other dusky gal Nandita ? . Now in the  movie it was clearly shown that their frustration in own marital lives led  them to such acts.

Now  would you say these two were Gay/Les by birth ? They did not do it for money for sure,. It was an attraction that they developed when they did not have easy access to normal sex. It was more of an experimentation for those two.

Also not all movies really "enlighten" society about Gay issues. I mean you would see that in documentaries but not in bolly masala movies ...lol .  Take Dostana for example or honeymoon travels, the lead heroes did not mind being called Gays  or there was not much taboo around that issue. I think when millions of viewers watch such movies, they kind of start to accept such relationships in society. And this leads more n more gay couples to commit their relationship openly.  They know that society has higher acceptance ratio now.

Now again if homosexuality is by birth or not ? natural or not ? dont know. I am looking for some concrete information. But I definitely see many out there who are doing it jsut for experimentation or when they dont have access to natural method.

Well, I am on the side that says homosexuality should be legalized. Irrespective of ones stance on this subject, I think it is fairly clear that the pros of legalizing it outweigh the negatives of it. If homosexuality could have been eliminated totally from the society (though I don't see the need of it, just saying), then that would be a different issue. But that isn't the case. Historical evidences show us that homosexuality has existed from the dawn of time even in the most conservative and homophobic environments. Criminalizing it and pushing people back into the closet isn't really a solution to the problem. So I'd rather want people to live their lives openly than being shoved further down into the closet.

I don't see how one can stop the 'attraction'. Biological lust and physical attraction are natural. They simply happen. You don't control your hormones or the chemicals that run through your system. One can, at best, try to stay away from committing the act, but I don't see how one can totally eliminate their desires. It has been tried to "cure" this for years - and with failed results. Is there even a cure? If so, why has it not been effective? Moreover, do we even need to have it 'cured', and is it even a disease on the first place?

I have not seen Fire, but from whatever I've heard, I don't think that was a very accurate portrayal of lesbianism anyway. I have not seen Dostana either (wouldn't watch that even if someone buys the DVD for me), but judging by the story of it, that movie was far from depicting how gays really are. It was a comedy (more like homophobic slurs) with pseudo-gay characters (they were actually straight males who slept around, no?) made to earn money rather than really portraying things as they are. Most movies - even the so-called 'realistic' art films - are far away from depicting lives as it is. IMHO, people should take films, especially Bollywood ones (and even documentaries these days) with a pinch of salt.

When I talked about the media 'enlightening', I was talking about the entire media, not just the film industry. I think the media, as a whole, can be credited in spreading awareness regarding homosexuality in recent times, just as it can be equally credited in making it a taboo in the past. As far as the influence part goes - I'd repeat the media can only influence people into accepting or not accepting it. I don't see how it can turn a gay into straight overnight, or vice-versa. Some may do it for experimentation or for the sake of 'adventure', but if they are not gay, they are going to stop it at some point. I just don't see why people would lead a fake life unnecessarily. If that were the case, most gay would have become straight by now, considering the stigma against it which is far more prevalent in the society. After all, most gays do grow up in a heteronormative environment, with heterosexual parents, heterosexual friends, and yes, heterosexual films too.

There hasn't been any concrete evidence as of yet, but most schools of psychology and psychiatry consider it to be a normal and natural phenomenon/orientation. It has been found extensively in nature, but there are debates regarding what constitutes 'normal' and whether it can be termed as a 'birth condition' or not. There were some good debates in the past regarding this subject, and here is one of them if you are interested: The gay gene.

You can call me POH. : )

Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 13 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
......Edited by blue-ice - 13 years ago
Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I haven't read everything..but read this in a jodi picoult book (well soemthing along these lines "It's not whats ont he outside that matters, bt the inside"...
Love is blind, they say....and love isn't always about the physichal appearance, but the personality traits, the little things that make a person, who he/she is..so I dont think it is wrong, every one has a right to love who they want to love, and what they want to love
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Looks like same sex marriages are being recognized in more countries apart from USA.

Same-sex unions recognized by Brazil's high court

From Marilia Brocchetto and Luciani Gomes, for CNN
May 6, 2011 -- Updated 0535 GMT (1335 HKT)
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    NEW: A gay rights advocate calls the decision a "historic achievement" The court votes 10-0 in favor of recognizing same-sex unions The court rules that same-sex couples have the same legal rights as heterosexual couples
  • At least 60,000 homosexual couples live in Brazil, preliminary census data shows