Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatpati900 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Like everyone before me has already said, it depends entirely on the story. A film like RDB was a multi-starrer but an excellent one because of its story an execution. Comedires like Hera Pheri, Jodi No. 1 and No Entry were all multi-starrers, but had me in splits. On the other hand, films like Welcome and the likes made me want to throw something at the TV.

If the story and screenplay is good, it doesn't matter WHO'S in the film.
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Depends on the script really. I HATEDDDDD salam-e-ishq, one of the worst example of multi-starrer movie, even thought it had my favs salman, priyanka, john, vidya. K3G, pretty awesome the 1st time i watched it but later i got tired of it realizing how long the movie was made just to give each superstar equal amount of screen space🥱 I LOVED Welcome & Rajneeti though.

Originally posted by: Salma2

K3G is just one amazing multi starer which came as a package which combined sensation of three generations.

But multi starers in these days freaked me out, ex: welcome, golmal 3, err

I think Kajol and Hritik were the standouts in K3G.  But, everyone else was ok.  Some stand out, some don't.  😛

Originally posted by: _-sHoNaa-_

Depends on the script really. I HATEDDDDD salam-e-ishq, one of the worst example of multi-starrer movie, even thought it had my favs salman, priyanka, john, vidya. K3G, pretty awesome the 1st time i watched it but later i got tired of it realizing how long the movie was made just to give each superstar equal amount of screen space🥱 I LOVED Welcome & Rajneeti though.

I think Rajneeti was a perfect example of a multi-starrer with great performances in a powerful genre.  Those are very rare to see and I think Prakash Jha did a stellar job!  😊
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i've never really thought about that.... if i like a movie, i like it... doesn't matter whether it has solo leads or it's a multi starrer.... and usually doesn't matter either whether all the leads have significant roles or not.... that is the last thing on my mind when i watch a movie... 😛

also, depends on when i watch the movie and whom i watch it with...!  😆😆
LabRat34 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have to admit, I LOVE multi-starrers!! Cant really say why but I reckon it stems from films I used to watch as a kid where these kinds of films weren't uncommon.

Amar, Akbar, Anthony for example is one of my favourites till date,because it had most of my favourite actors in the same film and three love stories for the price of one is a BARGAIN!😆 I liked that everyone had more or less equal parts in the film and the did their parts well.

Some other chessy but guilty pleasures include is HSSH, K3G!😳