Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VBAGMkTjTs[/YOUTUBE]

<3
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sweet coco

I think Aishu doesn't have the same level of expression as madhuri, but I think she's def graceful! There's a natural sway to her and her moments....Mera Mahi, Kehta Hai Mera Yeh Dil, UJ dances, Kajra Re show that's she very graceful! And she can also do complex and intricate steps beautifully like in Naina Miley or Krazy Kiya re! But I think she did a fantastic job with expressions in barso re and chann ke mohalla! But usually she's pretty good...def not as fantastic as madhuri, but still one of the finer dancers!

I LOVED Aish's dance in Mera Mahi Bada Sona Hai😳

Originally posted by: ruky786

Shake that booty, 🤣 and yh the boobs jiggling 🤣 you are hilarious and when the heroine moves her chest up and down 🤣 with the "groaning noise"

😆 at the groaning noise. See, I don't mind if they jiggle their boobs or shake their hips but if that's the ONLY thing they're doing (all dancing these days), then that becomes a problem. Like Madhuri in choli ke peechay, there was lots of boob dance in there but Madhuri used every muscle in her body for that dance 😲. I mean how good was that! I can watch that dance for ages,  thats how brilliant she was.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: CZ..

yea, modern forms of ballet are being accepted a lot more ðŸ˜ƒ in the same way, even the 'modern' Indian classical dances are 'in' nowadays. fusion being one of the most sought after forms, contemporary versions of kathak, bharatnatyam, chhau, odissi etc are also coming into the picture. I feel people now want to go a little easy on the 'technique' bit and focus more on the 'feel' part of dance. the strict technique does take away a lot of focus and energy - that's how contemporary evolved, it's more about the feel than the technique. 

I like fusion though, but some ppl find it disrespectful! And I agree about your analysis of the technique and performance....I think it should be balanced, but I think the focus has shifted away from technique greatly!!
ruky786 thumbnail

Originally posted by: eraser

😆 at the groaning noise. See, I don't mind if they jiggle their boobs or shake their hips but if that's the ONLY thing they're doing (all dancing these days), then that becomes a problem. Like Madhuri in choli ke peechay, there was lots of boob dance in there but Madhuri used every muscle in her body for that dance 😲. I mean how good was that! I can watch that dance for ages,  thats how brilliant she was.

Choli Ke Peeche was FANTASTIC Madhuri was brilliant she was superb
U-No-Poo thumbnail

I think Aishu doesn't have the same level of expression as madhuri, but I think she's def graceful! There's a natural sway to her and her moments....Mera Mahi, Kehta Hai Mera Yeh Dil, UJ dances, Kajra Re show that's she very graceful! And she can also do complex and intricate steps beautifully like in Naina Miley or Krazy Kiya re! But I think she did a fantastic job with expressions in barso re and chann ke mohalla! But usually she's pretty good...def not as fantastic as madhuri, but still one of the finer dancers!

she's definitely better than a lot of so called dancers in the industry, but there's still a lot of difference between her and madhuri. like madz says all the time, it's not just the body dancing, it's the soul and it should show on the face as well. I think that's what ash lacks. it's not about steps - she can learn and do those quite well. madz has an edge because she becomes the song, you know?
U-No-Poo thumbnail
btw, who thinks gracy singh is an amazing dancer too? remember radha kaise na jale from lagaan? 
ruky786 thumbnail

she's definitely better than a lot of so called dancers in the industry, but there's still a lot of difference between her and madhuri. like madz says all the time, it's not just the body dancing, it's the soul and it should show on the face as well. I think that's what ash lacks. it's not about steps - she can learn and do those quite well. madz has an edge because she becomes the song, you know?

yh you just have that sense that Madhuri just lives the song with so much feeling
ruky786 thumbnail

btw, who thinks gracy singh is an amazing dancer too? remember radha kaise na jale from lagaan? 

I liked her in Lagaan her dancing was good but sadly her career sank
U-No-Poo thumbnail

I like fusion though, but some ppl find it disrespectful! And I agree about your analysis of the technique and performance....I think it should be balanced, but I think the focus has shifted away from technique greatly!!

😲 really? I didn't know that. but I guess that sort of criticism must come from hardcore 'pure' classical dancers. I guess that's understandable because they don't want to liquefy their form and want to maintain it's rigidity. I love fusion though ðŸ˜ƒ
Edited by CZ.. - 13 years ago