sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Vaquar Shaikh
A few days back, telly actor Vaquar Shaikh (Henna, Banegi Apni Baat, Saara Akaash, Sahib Bibi Ghulam), who has recently taken up Zee Cafe's Bombay Talking and was also seen in Akbar Khan's Taj Mahal as Dara, had a crazy experience at Caf Coffee Day in Adarsh Nagar, Andheri.

I am not interested

According to the actor, a young girl walked up to Shaikh and told him, "I am crazy about you. Normally, I don't charge anything less than Rs 25,000. But for you, I won't charge anything."

The actor claims he was flabbergasted by her bold overture, and was speechless for a few seconds. All he managed to say was, "I am not interested," and politely turned her down.

Married man

Says Vaquar, "She also wrote the Woh Lamhe song, from Zeher, on a scrap of paper — and under it her phone number — and left it on the table. But I am not into such things. It didn't interest me." Shaikh who is happily married to Shabnam for the last four years, and the couple has a two-and-a-half-year-old daughter, Zoya.

Ship-shape

Recently, Shaikh walked the ramp for Hutch, in Ahmedabad and Jaipur. "I have done commercials before (Colgate, SBI Mutual Fund, Cadbury's Dairy Milk) and am getting back to those things. Shooting 9 am to 11 pm for serials made me go out of shape. But recently, with more selective work, I got down to working out again and am back in form."

Aisa bhi hota hai!

We asked some female magnets if they'd been propositioned in public by unknown women...

Rajeev Khandelwal
I haven't been propositioned by any girl in such a way.

Rohit Roy
I haven't had any such experience.

Chetan Hansraj
I don't think I have ever been propositioned in such a way.

Chaitanya Chaudhary
I had a girl walk up to my house once and leave a chit, with her number on it, on the door. It was very scary, as I didn't know how she managed to find out where I lived.