Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Another shock in American Idol.

One of the top singers got voted out, he did pretty good on thursday

'American Idol' axes another finalist

AP – In this publicity image released by Fox, James Durbin performs on the singing competition series 'American …
By DERRIK J. LANG, AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang, Ap Entertainment Writer – 1 hr 54 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – "American Idol" voters apparently stopped believin' in James Durbin.

The wailing 22-year-old rocker from Santa Cruz, Calif., was revealed to have received the fewest viewer votes on the Fox talent contest Thursday, leaving just three finalists remaining in the competition. Durbin consistently wowed the judges and did so again Wednesday with Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" and The Clovers' "Love Potion No. 9."

"I was really hoping to get there," a tearful Durbin said after the results were revealed.

Durbin, the towering singer whose vocal acrobatics recalled the wonders of eighth season runner-up Adam Lambert, was never among the show's bottom-three vote-getters after such eccentric performances as Muse's "Uprising" or Elton John's "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting," which respectively included accompaniment by marching drummers and a flaming piano.

"I did so much stuff that's never been done on this show before," he said Thursday.

Durbin's dismissal means deep-voiced 17-year-old country crooner Scotty McCreery of Garner, N.C., growling 20-year-old singer Haley Reinhart of Wheeling, Ill., and soaring 16-year-old songstress Lauren Alania of Rossville, Ga., are the top three finalists. Reinhart has appeared at the bottom a total of four times, while Alania was there only once last week.

Before the elimination, Durbin and McCreery teamed up for the Brad Paisley and Keith Urban duet "Start a Band," while Reinhart and Alania were paired for Miranda Lambert's "Gunpowder and Lead." The installment also included performances by Lady Gaga, Enrique Iglesias, sixth season "Idol" winner Jordin Sparks and the debut of Steven Tyler's solo music video.

The top-three singers will visit their hometowns this weekend then return to the stage next Wednesday with another finalist dismissed Thursday, paving the way for the 10th season "Idol" champion to be crowned on the May 26 finale. In addition to Sparks, past winners of "Idol" have included Lee DeWyze, Kris Allen, David Cook and Carrie Underwood.

I love it when you call me Lola
Summer3 thumbnail
Yes Lola,

The world can be a sad place sometimes, but the spirit of the people will never die and will always rise again.

Go to Paris and have some fun, you earned it

Summer3 thumbnail
Yep life can be beautiful.

Make the best of the moment they say not moving too fast nor moving too slow; dwelling neither in the future nor the past but in the present moment.

Youth is beauty and vitality I think.

The universe is just energy in varied forms.

Summer3 thumbnail
Hey Lola you must watch this

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6M21o1OL6I&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]
Summer3 thumbnail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6M21o1OL6I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6M21o1OL6I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here we go
Summer3 thumbnail
To do something we need energy.
By breathing in some air and holding it we fell a surge of energy. This will propel us forward.
Summer3 thumbnail
We get inspiration from many sources such as music, writings, history, characters, challenges etc
It is good to have an ideal but we need to be practical too. Guess we need to keep evolving
you know i so want to be far away.
Summer3 thumbnail

Ah sometimes we just need to get away for a while.

It is healthy too.
Edited by Summer3 - 13 years ago