smj1977.shruti thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
MY FFs INDEX
index and 
CHARACTER SKETCH
thread#2

HI
all
(the content is not my original I got it from net written by Michy Lynn, but it fulfills my purpose)

what is telepathy?

Telepathy is one of the pseudo sciences that has been studied, but cannot be definitively confirmed. Some people believe it exists, and others seriously doubt it. Telepathy is defined as: communication from one mind to  another without using sensory perceptions. Essentially, this means that one person is able to communicate with another, without using sight, sound, body language, or any other type of actual physical communication.

The important thing to think about when considering whether or not telepathy is real is to realize that the word communication has varied meanings. We communicate mostly through writing and verbally, but we also communicate via body language and expression too. Not all communication is hearing actual words spoken or reading words. In fact, communication doesn't really even require language.

With that being said, telepathy doesn't necessarily mean that thoughts in the form of spoken words or language are relayed via the mind. Many people who believe in telepathy will state that it's more like impressions or feelings than it is actual conversation type language.

There have been numerous research studies performed about 'twin telepathy'. This is the belief thatidentical twins can communicate nonverbal, over many miles, without even realizing they are doing it. When one twin is hurt, the other often knows it intuitively. This is a form of telepathy.

Think about this: have you ever thought about a friend just a moment before the phone rang and you picked it up and it was that friend you had just thought about? Is this coincidence, or could it perhaps be a form of telepathy? Perhaps somewhere in the universe, your friend either felt your thoughts, unknowingly and chose to call you, or you felt your friends thoughts and therefore knew they were going to call.

I have often said I have a form of connection with people who are particularly close to me, my mother especially, where I can honestly feel if they are in trouble, in pain, or something bad has happened. Is this telepathy?

So let's look at the possibility of telepathy, not from a new age or psychic perspective, but more from a scientific point of view.

It has been proven through physics, and quantum physics too, that all things in the universe, at a basal level, are made up of energy. When you look at a desk and touch it, it is nothing more than particles of energy,  formed together to create what we perceive as a desk. The desk appears solid to us, and we can indeed knock on it and confirm that we believe the desk is solid. The truth is, the desk is made up of fast moving particles of energy and truly is not solid ' we just perceive it this way. Or senses are limited in how we observe things. This is scientifically proven ' no doubt about this one.

So we take that a step further, and we know that our bodies are created from the same energy that the desk is created from. At the basal level, the smallest form of what we are, we are created from the exact same energy as the desk, the lamppost, the wall, but our energy forms together in a way that we are perceived as humans, and not desks.

I know this gets a bit confusing, but it is scientifically proven. Now, that's not to say that we are a desk or a wall, or that we are even the same as a desk or a wall. That's also not saying that a desk or a wall is alive. No, it's simply saying at that sub atomic level, the energy that makes each of these things up is essentially the same. The universe is full of this energy; it is what creates everything at that basal level. This is science now, not philosophy.

Okay, now, science has proven that we expend energy too. In fact, our thoughts and emotions are energy. Sure, our thoughts are energy' our thoughts actually put off a measurable, detectable energy signature. Amazing, isn't it? Scientists can connect little electrode things to your head and measure the electrical energy of your brain ' and your thoughts.

So if this is the case, and our thoughts truly do put out energy, it's not so far fetched to realize that another person's brain might be able to receive or absorb that energy. The brain functions in so many ways that doctors and researchers still can't figure out, but they do know that the brain does conduct, absorb and release, energy. How the brain uses this energy is a big mystery, even to the scientists. Our brains have a capacity that might well be unlimited, but there is just so much that is not understood about how it works.

So if my brain puts out a wave of energy because of a very powerful thought, and that energy wave reaches someone's brain who is able to absorb that energy in such a way that they can understand what it means in this real world we live, it's not too far fetched to believe that a form of telepathy can indeed exist.

But let's take it a bit further. Like energy usually attracts like energy. Energy vibrates, it pulsates at a certain frequency, and it connects to or attracts to it other like energy that vibrates at the some frequency. The people you spend the most time with, those whom you feel the closest to, might actually not be a choice you made as much as it is that they share a similar energy signature to you and therefore you are attracted to them. It's a thought that would explain why some people tend to be attracted to folks they say they don't even like!

Anyway, this would explain why twins are found to have higher instances of telepathy when compared to others, and also why parents, particularly mother and child, also tend to have a higher instance of spontaneous telepathy than strangers or just friends. It would make sense that twins, genetically identical in makeup, would have the same or close to the same energy signature, so they would better be able to absorb and comprehend on that basic level the energy of a thought or feeling from someone sharing a similar energy signature.

Likewise, a mother who carried a child in her womb for nine months as part of herself would have a closer energy signature to her child than a stranger. A father, of course, having donated his genetic makeup to the mix, would also be closer in energy signature than some guy on the street.

And thusly, incidences of telepathic phenomena are more common between family members, andthe closer they are in lineage, the more frequent the telepathic communication is documented.

For me, this is all scientific. It makes sense to me. I understand the implications of it. I also believe that people who understand this might be able to train their brains to pick up and interpret this energy and send it out to others. Whether or not the people who receive the energy will understand it is something I am not so sure of at this point.

So for me, unlike the fiction stories where telepathy is clear dialogue communication via brain to brain, I don't think that is what telepathy really is. I do think it exists, but I don't think we can control or understand it as well as we would like to be able to understand it.

Telepathy truly isn't a psychic experience, but a scientific one, with a plausible explanation. What truly remains a mystery isn't whether or not people can communicate without speaking to one another. The true mystery is in how the brain functions. There is much left we do not understand and never will about how our brains operate.

pls comment
if u all like the explaination will start the story

index and 
CHARACTER SKETCH
Edited by smj1977.shruti - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shah10 thumbnail