Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Vas...do you know I don't like it when ppl call me cute? Anu is a different case...she's a bully! The more I'll get irritated, the more she'll call me that...but you aren't that mean...right? And then you are all for not hurting ppl and everything...so you'd understand...hmm?

And look at you two...you have hungamas in your house just because you have ONE sister, each, who has different attributes than you. I have three...and all four of us are completely different...beat that! πŸ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL Mash, see even in THAT you are more PERFECT than us.....you have THREE sisters to fight with....wowwwww *impressed muh* :P

I made a sig on the MR segment but yaar I realize now that he was only really smiling in one tiny bit....lol....can't make too much stuff on this....not a lot of clear solo shots to cap....chalo I'll post this much only.
incandescence thumbnail
*waits patiently for the sig*

Oh and look what I found in the creation corner....ahhh such pretty avis...*sigh* Now I have got this sudden urge to watch old DN scenes...
Edited by incandescence - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL I've been watching old DN scenes since the past few weeks anyways....slowly getting through the jungle track....watching each epi....then I have random discussions with Fatty about them over PM....lol....fun stuff.....
incandescence thumbnail
Ohhh...Anu...the sigs are sooo cute!! And I just found Fatima's update as well...dharm sankat!
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL thanks, Mash....oho ab dharam sankat ho gaya? Suchhhhh tough choices, man....what will you choose? MR or DN....MR or DN....MR or DN?πŸ˜†

And so quickly you're over the lions awards waali avis/sigs? Ahh I still can't stop staring at him looking so handsome in that black suit😍 Don't feel like changing those from my sig dabba anytime soon....I've saved Fatty's sigs for future use *grins*
AreYaar thumbnail
Vasu, waise I forgot to ask you pehle.....what is "The Good Wife" about?
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: nureat01

Vasu, waise I forgot to ask you pehle.....what is "The Good Wife" about?

Nice sigs, AnuπŸ‘

The Good Wife is a political/legal series. Basically, Julianna Margulies' character Alicia, is married to a States Attorney Peter Florrick (Chris Noth). As the series begins, the background tells us that Peter had a fall from grace thanks to a number of shady dealings - corruption, affairs with prostitutes, etc. 

He makes a very public statement and "apology"; and the title "The Good Wife" comes from the fact that Alicia decides to publicly support her husband rather than denounce him. This isn't because she forgives him or has an ulterior motive; simply that she wants to protect her kids and....well, her character is complex, to say the least. Maybe she stays with him because she fears change or because she thinks its the right thing to do etc. She doesn't forgive him in private though, and he is eventually sent to jail for a while for his mis-dealings. 

Then, in order to provide for her family, Alicia goes back to work - she used to be a powerful lawyer, but now she finds herself in a group of young, ruthless, ambitious lawyers who will do anything to get on top. The first season mainly deals with her "war" with another junior associate Carey, who is young, sneaky and has less compunctions about "doing the right thing" - he is far more willing than Alicia to bend rules or the law to get what he wants. They have to fight for the permanent position, which at the end of the season Alicia wins. 

It's too simplistic an explanation - since the show is partly legal drama, as in case by case every week, but it is also about the politics - her husband eventually is freed and comes home to try and run for States Attorney again. It's also about how politics and the law often meet, and are murkier and more cutthroat then they might seem. Then of course there is the obligatory romance angle - in that Alicia's boss is her former boyfriend. But it doesn't veer into the nonsensical teenage romance category; if anything, since she is still married to her husband, the very hint that something might happen with her boss (it hasn't but it has come close) is in itself a very shady aspect of the story. Is it morally okay for her to cheat if her husband cheated on her? Will she still be "the good wife"? 

Then there's also the excellent Archie Punjabi, who is the law firm's private investigator. This character is shrouded in so much mystery it is unbelievable πŸ˜† and Archie plays her character Kalinda's very limited range of emotions so well, its incredible. The closest comparison I can make is with Lisbeth Salander of the Dragon Tattoo series, though only very superficially in the body language of the character, the secrecy, the solitude etc. Their experiences are nowhere near the same. 

And there is one recurring character - Eli Gold - Peter's campaign manager. He is simply the wittiest, most sarcastic, most misanthropic person ever!πŸ˜†

Wiki can give a better description than I: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Wife_(TV_series)

You really should check it out if you can - I simply love it. It's not like CSI, or Bones or Law & Order or anything like that. Yes, its a legal drama; but most often its not about the case - its not about whether they win or lose the case...it's what they have to do in order to win it. And how that affects their lives outside as well.

AreYaar thumbnail
Thanks, Vas :-)

Oh this does sound like an interesting plot and cast of characters......I'll try to check it out online somewhere!

---------------------

@Mels: Found the 'love you zindagi' ka promo on YT....this show looks MAHA BAKWAAS sorry to say.....THIS girl is going to be Geet? Btw why are they still keeping her name Geet when there is already one other PHAMOUS Geet on TV that we are all jheloing? πŸ˜†.....and this girl...god she has like NO charm....and what a DUMBBBBBBB promo...."Main apna raajkumar khud safed ghode pe dhoondungi"?🀣....WHY is Imitaz Ali associated with this? Does he have no say in CASTING?? This is a total DISASTER in the making.  Man this show sounded so much better when they were considering Payal and that Himanshoo guy.....now it looks like utter crap.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p__1rON_MiU[/YOUTUBE]
incandescence thumbnail
Anu...have you seen that 'Glass aur dil' VM by Fatima? I bet you have...why am I always the last one to know EVERYTHING?! Khair, isn't it amazingggg....I loved the way she has drawn parallels to the old scenes...excellent storyteller that girl is..I'm a fan!