Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melissa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Lol Vasu.....I wouldn't mind watch SMG in Bones either (I never watched BtVS ardently, just a couple of episodes). But certain fans demanding a new lead instead of Brennan is just ummm....beyond crazy. They, apparently, are missing the very purpose of the show๐Ÿ˜†. What's the point of Bones without its central character and the central story? Hahaha......

So, apart from HIMYM, Bones and Good Wife....what shows do you watch? And tell me about 90210 and GG. I gave GG a try, and liked it for a while, but then they just kept sleeping around with each other. I still can watch it if I have nothing else to watch......but I won't make time to watch it. Same goes for 90210. One of the most classless show. I thought Liam-Annie may have the slight chance to be different, but then they went the usual way. Don't they ever get tired of going in circles? Chindi shows๐Ÿฅฑ
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Melissa

Lol Vasu.....I wouldn't mind watch SMG in Bones either (I never watched BtVS ardently, just a couple of episodes). But certain fans demanding a new lead instead of Brennan is just ummm....beyond crazy. They, apparently, are missing the very purpose of the show๐Ÿ˜†. What's the point of Bones without its central character and the central story? Hahaha......

So, apart from HIMYM, Bones and Good Wife....what shows do you watch? And tell me about 90210 and GG. I gave GG a try, and liked it for a while, but then they just kept sleeping around with each other. I still can watch it if I have nothing else to watch......but I won't make time to watch it. Same goes for 90210. One of the most classless show. I thought Liam-Annie may have the slight chance to be different, but then they went the usual way. Don't they ever get tired of going in circles? Chindi shows๐Ÿฅฑ

LOL. I know - I mean, she's Bones! Without her, what do you have?? But these are the same types of fans you will see here on IF too.

Um, I watch HIMYM, OTH, Bones, Good Wife, Being Human, and random crap on TV, like Simpsons and Friends etc. That's a lot to handle as it is, lemme tell you ๐Ÿ˜†

As for GG - never got into it; watched first season of 90210 (despite finding it inane - don't ask me why I watched it!) then got bored. My sis, who watches both, occasionally and unbidden peppers me with updates, so everytime she does I get not only the whole gist of the show, but I also get the W*F feeling ๐Ÿ˜† I thought Liam/Naomi were supposed to the "the one" but apparently he's dating that Chindi Annie who bugged me throughout season 1. Yeah, not my type at all....
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Melissa

Anu, it looks like no one has uploaded the promo in YT. Anyway, found one of the old promos in another site........the recent one is still unavailable.

http://www.startv.in/video/?0_2_Love-You-Zindagi-0:2

I know!!!!!!! Booth telling Hannah isn't working well with me. But let's see.....Currently, I'm super excited about the sniper. But will have to wait for that *sigh*

Thanks for the link, but startv player links don't really work for me here.....I think they're blocked in the U.S. Chalo I'll take your word for the promo then.

And wow you actually want SMG in Bones too? Ermmm ok....
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: psawyer

Speaking for myself, I can safely say that growing up where I did, I often find it a struggle to understand certain aspects of the Indian way of living. And that sometimes I wonder whether I could ever live in India after living here. And I have no doubt that if I had been born and grew up in India, I would not have those particular doubts but perhaps I would have doubts about the Western way of living. We are who we are, and who we are is shaped firstly and largely by where we are, what surrounds us, what we experience in life, what we see others experience. It's basic anthropology, not an assessment of anyone's character. 

I will never really be able to understand that cuz I've lived in both India and the U.S....I don't know how ppl in the U.K. think.....and this isn't about "doubting" a certain way of living....I don't really get why one would even look at in that serious a manner to begin with.....everyone loves the place where they are born and brought up.....what is there to discount in either? I personally wasn't labeling the entire Western population as being "without morals" on the basis of the bedroom musical chairs in English shows either. I hadn't even said anything but you brought in the viewpoint of how I view this differently based on where I'm originally from.....I don't have any "doubts" about the western way of living.....reality check is that if you go and see the way ppl live in the metro cities of India these days, there isn't much difference left....so can't really draw such distinct lines anymore.

@bold: I thought I already agreed on that๐Ÿ˜•....but it's too broad a point to bring in here that just cuz I happen to be straight up from India, I am not able to deal with ppl sleeping around in English shows.
Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: psawyer

@Mash - lol. Since you were being such a fangirl about MR - Mash007 and what not - I figured maybe ๐Ÿ˜† and um........๐Ÿค” *sheepish muh*....

Oh Vas...๐Ÿ˜† You haven't understood the fangirl level of Mash007....*shakes head*

Anuuuuuuuuuuu.....did you watch that MR vid where he got emotional.....awwwwww.....my heart just went out to him...someone go hug this guy! I'm feeling pretty emotional too....*sigh*

P.S...I'd sound like a broken record but he looked sooooooooo cute in that sweatshirt...*blows flying kisses* No, they aren't for you Anu.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: incandescence

Anuuuuuuuuuuu.....did you watch that MR vid where he got emotional.....awwwwww.....my heart just went out to him...someone go hug this guy! I'm feeling pretty emotional too....*sigh*

P.S...I'd sound like a broken record but he looked sooooooooo cute in that sweatshirt...*blows flying kisses* No, they aren't for you Anu.

Yep I've seen it....my reply is on page 2 of that thread.
psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

I will never really be able to understand that cuz I've lived in both India and the U.S....I don't know how ppl in the U.K. think.....and this isn't about "doubting" a certain way of living....I don't really get why one would even look at in that serious a manner to begin with.....everyone loves the place where they are born and brought up.....what is there to discount in either? I personally wasn't labeling the entire Western population as being "without morals" on the basis of the bedroom musical chairs in English shows either. I hadn't even said anything but you brought in the viewpoint of how I view this differently based on where I'm originally from.....I don't have any "doubts" about the western way of living.....reality check is that if you go and see the way ppl live in the metro cities of India these days, there isn't much difference left....so can't really draw such distinct lines anymore.

@bold: I thought I already agreed on that๐Ÿ˜•....but it's too broad a point to bring in here that just cuz I happen to be straight up from India, I am not able to deal with ppl sleeping around in English shows.

I don't believe I said anywhere that you had any "doubts" - I was talking strictly about myself and MY experience. You said it yourself - you don't understand it because you have lived in India and the US. So you have that experience. Since I have only lived in the UK, my experience is different. I'm sure that if I moved to India tomorrow and lived there for a few years, then my experience would possibly change. That's the whole point.

I also don't think I said anywhere that, because you lived in India you can't deal with people sleeping around in western shows. What I said was that it was *interesting*, from a human and an anthropological point of view, and in a very general way, how two people can have very different reactions on the same or similar situations and points of reference. And that a large part of that comes from where they come from. Inferring something else from what I said would be putting words or feelings in my mouth and mind that I don't have. Whether a person is from India, China or Timbuktoo doesn't have an ounce of effect on their character; only that a part of who they are comes from that. And yes, I'm repeating it again because - and now I'm inferring something so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - it seems to me that you think I was attacking you with what I said, or dismissing the validity of your opinions. I wasn't, and words like "dehati", "conservative" etc were used by you and not me, because not once did I think them or want to say them. What I wanted was to have a semi-intellectual debate but we seem to have descended into something else. I'm interested in human behaviour and why we do what we do, and that was simply an extension of that interest. 

Khair, jaane do. 

@Mash - lol, there's a level of fangirlism?? ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by psawyer - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Yes, we've descended into something else here, Vasu....clearly I'm not capable of having these "semi intellectual" debates with you....I apologize. I will refrain from saying anything in the future.
psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

Yes, we've descended into something else here, Vasu....clearly I'm not capable of having these "semi intellectual" debates with you....I apologize. I will refrain from saying anything in the future.

Well see, now you go and say that. When did I say you were "not capable"?? Maybe I'm the one who didn't explain myself as well as I could have. And I certainly didn't say that you should refrain from saying anything. Let's just say we'll try not to infer negativity where there isn't any, and leave it at that. If I have something negative to say about someone you can be sure I'll say it; I'm not one to back down. So why not wait for me to say it rather than assume that's what I'm saying?? ๐Ÿ˜† I certainly don't want to have to stop coming here....but if what I say hurts your feelings, especially when I don't mean to, I might have to. Anyway, I apologise too, for what its worth. ๐Ÿ˜Š Truce?
Edited by psawyer - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
No Vasu, I genuinely feel I'm not capable of these kind of debates....and I'm having a crappy day anyways so my mental faculties are at a lower level then usual too probably why I'm hardly making any sense anyways.

Let's just leave it I guess like you said.....either ways, I think I'll try to be more diplomatic in the future.