Frequent Posters

Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Crystal just let it go, she won't stop so you should 😊
ladygaga thumbnail

Originally posted by: lensahunte08

New york being a hit could be a chance thing. Am not really trying to take anything away from Katrina. I wish her good luck, but I still have doubts about her box office power without Ranbir and Akshay. Yes again New york was a hit, but that's just one movie. I believe her boxoffice power if she has more than one movie that was a hit without the big stars. Let's see if she can give a hit with Imran. And also I wanna see her taking more risks and work with not so popular stars. And if she keeps up with her hits than, I can believe  her boxoffice power.

I don't get this logic... its a fact that most of Ranbir's movies haven't worked without Katrina and not vica versa so why do people fail to give her credit for that? What about Anjaana anjaani.. if every movie with RK in it works then how come that one sank without a trace... I think like N said before... some people who don't wanna credit Katrina are never gonna do so.. so its pointless to try to make them see it..

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
First of all KAT has never worked with SRK and Aamir thank god for that second of all even if she is taking a break from Salman it could be cuz of their personal relationship so her dumping the Khans is out of the question and her next movie is with Imran khan so shes gnna be working with one of dem regardless. 
ladygaga thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovanika

You are looking at 2009 only....but I have the list of TOP gorssers to get the picture of which actress have had hits in that period.  But media as wella s people have greater expectations from tehm so their movies are just pronounced medicore or flop despite the earnings...

Even a FLOP Sarkar RAj has done better than Namaste London....

I am just saying that if you are calling KAtrina the top actress with top grossers then go have alook at the list. The top grosser life time and Top grosser 2009. Even KI which got so much flak earned a lot more....

I agree Katrina's movies did do well...but they weren't the TOP grossers...and yes I still feelt hat she needs to prove herself and not piggy back on successful actors  with dance adn couple of scenes.

I am also saying that I am looking forward to her movie with Hritik and Imran ....those movies re going to be the tes of her star power. She might prove me wrong or prove me right....Bt we have to wait.

I hope she proves me wrong...as I have nothing against her...

There is a thing called profit which makes the world go round and round.. Movies like Sarkaar raaj must be high grossers but because of the fact that their costs are high and they haven't been able to gross enough to cover their cost and make a profit.. they are declared as a flop... Above all a HIT status or a profit is the thing that matters if we are talking about the monetary value of a movie..
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think TMK will be a blockbuster, not because of akki and katrina awkward chemistry but because she's a item girl in the movie. If movie becomes hit then it's all credit to Katrina. Film looks D grade movie from promos and i didn't even enjoyed a single promo compare to oso and mhn. Even the scene, where it should be comic looks forced.
ladygaga thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovanika

Well someone else brought Deepika in here...

So you mean,

Housefull = DDD + SIK + Welcome + Boom + HKDKG + Partner. + 4 scenes plus a love making......

I think to get a clearer picture you should watch movies and write down the number of scenes or mintues/movie and add up to see how much screen time Kat has and how much Deepika has in her total of 3 yrs career as comapred to 7 yrs.

It is not a fight between Deepika or Katrina...it is a discussion about the most powerful actress who makes heros run after her for hits in BW  which according to you is Kat bt not for me.

If screen time and significance of roles is a criteria that you judge by then.. I would say Sonam kapoor scores above Deepika... coz every role Sonam has played has been pivotal for the movie.. yes the movies have flopped but she has chosen roles.. where she has gotten a chance to show her range.. and so early on in her career she has played a role where she was the hero of the movie... "Aisha".. the movie did not make big profits.. but it has its following.. with hit music.. and i am sure it rocks in the dvd circuit.. Deepika still hasn't played one role which has been all about her...

mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Concerning, Akshay needing a hit, in all honestly, he doesn't need a hit, he'll continue to be lined up with movies, cause despite giving flops, he still gets offers, he's a recongized face, and clearly people want to see his films thats why "mindless" comedy films done by him are labeled as hits or do well in the box office

I think Katrina has used and will continue to use her strategies that she's planned carefully, whether you think they are efficient or correct, her doing items songs or acting with akshay or not using the khans or "not acting" won't change her popularity,

I mean unless you can convince her large number of fans,
cinema-goer thumbnail
I would rather credit Kat for Newyork and Rajneeti than Kareena for 3I or deepika for Housefull.Her role in rajneeti was more powerful and she did improve and justified her role.
ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Only the people who can put their money where their mouth is ...their opinion counts for these actresses.

What they have or not have achieved so for... reflects and will reflect on the quality of work they will be doing next..

The producers decide how much money they get and which films to cast them in..

The directors probably decide  what roles they can handle..

The heroes too have a say(though they deny in vociferously LOL)  in who they want to act with...because about half the budget is the top heroe's fees!

Wait.. isn't the thread about Kat dumping the Khans
Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So, someone solve this riddle for me: If Katrina giving hits with only top actors proves that she has zero star-power, does that mean that other top actresses who gives flops with the same top actors have "negative" star power?