Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikipuki thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: sridevi27

I was feeling a bit nostalgic listening to this song as I wrote my next update... So, I thought I would share... 

I have to warn you, it's not everyone's cup of tea... Firstly, it's tamil... and secondly, it's Rajni Kanth.  But if you can see past all that, it's actually quite sweet... all the angst of new love and separation...

Movie: Dalapathi
Actors: Rajani Kanth, Shobana
Director: Mani Rathnam
Music: Ilayaraja

I remember this movie was such a BIG hit eons ago......too bad Mani Ratnam doesn't make these kind of movies any more. I forget how many times I watched Mouna Ragam (the Telegu version, my Tamil is not so good). This was THE romantic movie of the 80s..........and this was my fave song

...Mani Ratam, Ilayaraja were such a hit combo...........I think I'm going to go to sleep listening to this song........

Originally posted by: nikipuki

I remember this movie was such a BIG hit eons ago......too bad Mani Ratnam doesn't make these kind of movies any more. I forget how many times I watched Mouna Ragam (the Telegu version, my Tamil is not so good). This was THE romantic movie of the 80s..........and this was my fave song

...Mani Ratam, Ilayaraja were such a hit combo...........I think I'm going to go to sleep listening to this song........

I love that Thalapathi is a take on Karna'a tale... I have always been partial to his story from the Mahabharata.

It's so funny, I was just listening to that song from Mouna Ragam... it's been an Ilayaraja evening :)
I love that movie too...

Mani used to make such good movies... Roja, Nayakan, Thalapathi, Agninakshatram, Mouna Ragam, Geetanjali, Anjali... I even liked all his other stuff... the only one that was a real disappointment was Raavan... that one, I am just at a loss as to what happened...
Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago
nikipuki thumbnail

Originally posted by: sridevi27

It's so funny, I was just listening to that song... it's been an Ilayaraja evening :)
I love that movie too...

Mani used to make such good movies... Roja, Nayakan, Thalapathi, Agninakshatram, Mouna Ragam, Geetanjali, Anjali... I even liked all his other stuff... the only one that was a real disappointment was Raavan... that one, I am just at a loss as to what happened...

Ooooo.....Geetanjali.....that was another such a wonderful movie...........and the songs too......maybe I should search for it online and see it again.....if memory serves me right that movie had a hot kiss in it too...........I compare Mani Ratnam to Steven Speilberg amazing directors but somewhere along the way they lost the magical combination that made their movies super hits........
bono_jostna thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
loved ur updates!!!!!!!!! been a bit busy  last week........when  came  back saw  a lot of dhamaka in ur ff.........still haven't digested it!!!!!!!  dying to  see a conversation between those two DUMBOs about the baby...........waiting for ur nxt one...........

Ooooo.....Geetanjali.....that was another such a wonderful movie...........and the songs too......maybe I should search for it online and see it again.....if memory serves me right that movie had a hot kiss in it too...........I compare Mani Ratnam to Steven Speilberg amazing directors but somewhere along the way they lost the magical combination that made their movies super hits........

Here you go :)
nikipuki thumbnail
ok since we were discussing kissing in Indian movies, here is my contribution, yes I know its a day old but its a Telugu movie called Geetanjali from late 1980s starring Nagarjuna, I don't remember the actress name (actually I don't think she acted in any movie after this one). The kiss is actually picturized over a song, the song by itself is amazing. The kiss caused quite a scandal.........

edit: see Devi's link, she found the complete song.......:-)
Edited by nikipuki - 13 years ago
nikipuki thumbnail
LOL Devi........looks like we are jiving on the same frequency tonite......you know we can probably fill pages reminiscing about old movies and songs 
Edited by nikipuki - 13 years ago

ok since we were discussing kissing in Indian movies, here is my contribution, yes I know its a day old but its a Telugu movie called Geetanjali from late 1980s starring Nagarjuna, I don't remember the actress name (actually I don't think she acted in any movie after this one). The kiss is actually picturized over a song, the song by itself is amazing. The kiss caused quite a scandal.........

edit: see Devi's link, she found the complete song.......:-)

The actress is Girija Shettar. She is half british and half indian.  Only did 3 movies before going back to london to be a journalist.  And then did her doctorate in indian spiritual philosophy (thank you Wikipedia ;)

Chapter 75: Contemplations

He looked over to her side and found her staring absently out the window of the passenger side. 

He couldn't take the silence anymore.  Especially because what happened was that his mind filled in everything they didn't say to each other with its own conjectures, which were starting to border on pathological.

He had lain awake all night watching her sleep.  She had looked so tired… and sad…

He had wanted to ask her so many things…

Like why she had been crying to his mother?

Was she upset that she was pregnant with his child just when Shashank was back?

Did she feel stuck in this marriage now?

But he didn't ask her any of these questions… because he wasn't sure that he wanted to know the answers.  He was more selfish than he thought.  He had given her an out before and she hadn't taken it.   And now it was too late...  Because he wouldn't let her go now even if she wanted.  He was selfish like that.  But if he wanted to have a remote chance of being successful in holding onto her, there was something that he had to do.

The silence was deafening… that particular bit was not a hyperbole, she discovered, just as a heart that was ripped to shreds wasn't.  Both were very real… not embellished or exaggerated in the slightest...

How could he have done this to her?

Did he not feel one-tenth of what she felt?

Had their physical intimacy been just sex to him?  Had it been that meaningless?  Was she just a body that could be traded in for another tomorrow?

Is this the life that she wanted for herself?

If he was bored with her after six months of marriage…?  She couldn't live like this… She couldn't do this herself… She wouldn't do this to her child…  and most of all, she wouldn't stay and let herself and her baby be an unwanted burden to him.  One that he had taken on to help out his brother…

There it was… her heart was ripping open again when it was barely healed from the last time she had run these same thoughts through her head.  And then she knew what she had to do…

Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago
nikipuki thumbnail
And then she knew what she had to do…

that sounds ominous