Paranormal

Bhangarh - The Story with Pictures

Vaibhav.sharma thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
There is a belief about Bhangarh that the place is haunted and no one dares to go after sunset there.

Bhangarh is a place between Jaipur and Alwar in Rajasthan state of India. Bhangarh is known for its ruins, but still worth a visit; the place is beautiful and tranquil. What remains though, is a shadow of a once beautiful kingdom.

The Bhangarh Story

The story (and the history) of the Bhangarh began in the year of 1573 when the fortress was established. Built by Raja Bhagawant Das, the ruler of the city of Amber, Bhangarh Fort has become the residence of Madho Singh, ruler's second son who fought alongside his father and brother in many wars. The decline of Bhangarh Fort started in 1630 after Chhatr Singh, son of Madho Singh got killed in a violent attack. The decline continued until 1783 when the fortress and the city were completely abandoned following that year's famine.

Bhangarh Myths

It is said that the city of Bhangarh was cursed by the Guru Balu Nath, causing the towns evacuation. Balu Nath sanctioned the establishment of the town but said: "The moment the shadows of your palaces touch me, the city shall be no more!" Ignorant of such foreboding, one ambitious descendant raised the palace to such a height that its shadowed Balu Nath's forbidden retreat and thus the town was devastated as prophesied. The small samadhi where Balu Nath is said to lie buried is still there.

The other myth is as follows: The charm of princess of Bhangarh Ratnavati was said to be matchless in all of Rajasthan. Being eighteen years old, the princess started getting matrimonial offers from other states. In the same region there lived a tantrik, a magician well versed in the occult, named Singhia who was desperately in love with the princess knowing that he would never be allowed to even see her, let alone meet her. One day, he saw the princess' maid in the market buying scented oil for her. Seeing this, he got an idea by which he could meet the princess. He used his black magic and put a spell on the oil which would hypnotize the princess by her merely touching the oil, and she would surrender herself. The princess foiled this plan though. She had seen the tantrik enchanting the oil, and she therefore threw it away, whereupon the flagon rolled over a stone. As soon as the oil touched the stone, it started rolling towards the wicked tantrik and crushed him. While dying, Singhia cursed the palace with the death of all who dwelt in it, without any rebirth in their destinies. The very next year there was a battle between Bhangarh and Ajabgarh and Ratnavati died.

What does the signboard say?

Here is a translation:

The Government of India

The Archeological Survey of India, Bhangarh

Important warning:

1. Entering the borders of Bhangarh before sunrise and after sunset is strictly prohibited.

2. Shepherds and woodcutters who enter Bhangarh area will face legal action.

3. The Kewda or Pandanus trees found in Bhangarh area belong to the Archaelogy Survey of India. Is it forbidden to subject this tree to any kind of harm.

Note: Anyone flouting of the rules mentioned above will face legal action.

By order

Supervisor, Archaelogical Survey Board

True, the signboard does not say that there are ghosts in the area, or the place is haunted. But the signboard is extremely unusual.

Edited by Vaibhav.sharma - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
this myth seems so strong nd i dnt hv guts o chck it lol some mysteries remain mysteriesss who knows might b sum criminal activity gng on inside on name of ghosts nd curse
ILUVPREM thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That's interesting how its prohibited yet I kind of wonder, whats the actual truth?
vishnukumar7 thumbnail
Informative and detailed article on bhangarh...I think most of the rumours are touted just to create buzz in weekend travelers.I had seen good number of tourists to bhangarh these days.

http://thinkingparticle.com/articles/haunted-bhangarh-fort-ghost-town-rajasthanEdited by vishnukumar7 - 13 years ago
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I would really love to visit this place..myth or not myth this place does seem so eerily beautiful
MeeraXD thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thats an extremely beautiful place.... like to visit once at least before sunset.....
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes I like the myth and what a lovely but lonely place.

shootingstar27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Interesting info but the place looks beautiful...
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
place is really beautiful.. myth .. real or unreal who cares... it increases the beauty 
..nisaluvrk.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

its very much true bout dis place...dey say u cant be in that place after 6 odrwise something bad happens...

it happened wid my brother n his frns...dey went bhangarh for outing n got a lil late to get out..juz 15 min late n wen dey came out dere car was punctured n wen they saw their jeans it was battered at d bottoms like someone has tried to tear dem wid nails...dey didn't even realize it..it was only wen dey saw it...believe it or not but it happened...its was really spooky...myb its was all a coincidence but den it happened at this place...i hv mny more stories from my bro's college as people dere keep going to dis place and those arn't all coincidences...

i wud not hv believed it but it happened wid my own brother...so its very much true watever people say bout dis place...

i too wanted to check out this place badly but my mother n especially my grandmother strictly prohibited me after wat happened wid bro...😭

u know wat i fought wid my bro for being careless as he ruined my chance of going dere too...!!!!😡