IMPORTANT: What's Going On??

sourpuss thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey guys,

Hope y'all are fine-shine and having fun! I'm not gonna bother with idle chit-chat today 'cause on behalf of the TVD DT I'm here to ask you guys, what is going on here?

Well, not here, per say, because as far as we can see, the forum's been quite alright, and we thank you guys for keepin' the peace πŸ€—

But recently we've come to know that hate PMs are being sent out to a particular AT head, blaming her for the lack of activity in her AT and claiming that her bias is preventing the AT from becoming too active.

Guys, this is not good. If you have any problems with anything going on around the forum, come to us. That's what Rachu and I are here for. Don't let it steep amongst yourselves so that it results in something like this.

We've received a PM from Jaan, the head of the Delena and Stelena ATs, that she would like to share with you:

Announcement
So over the past couple of months I have been getting some negative vibes from people that I would consider my friends, about my 'running' both the Damon/Elena AT and the Stefan/Elena AT. So firstly I'd just like to clear up a few things, I like both Damon and Elena AND Stefan and Elena. It is allowed to like both pairs, although I have no qualms admitting that I am partial to Damon/Elena. That being said, many people have been rather negative towards me in PMs, which is slightly offensive, but fine, as people can do as they wish. 
Now, I do not want to loose many of my friends based on an issue such as this, but I am constantly blamed for the lack of the Stefan/Elena thread moving.  Which I do not really get, nor do I really understand. If people fail to participate in the thread, why am I to blame. As best as I could I started contests, and activities in the Stefan/Elena thread, however they did not kick off. There were, in fact, more activities started for the Stefan/Elena thread as compared to the Damon/Elena on.
 In the end, I have decided to step down in running the Stefan Elena Appreciation Thread. I'm sure someone who is 'more committed' to Stefan and Elena will come up and volunteer to start and run the threads, and do a fantastic job with it. Hopefully, with this, the roots of the discontent will go away. 
I really do love The Vampire Diaries Forum, and it is the only thing keeping me on IF these days, I hope that this decision satisfies everyone and keeps the peace between Damon and Elena Fans and Stefan and Elena Fans. 
Love, 
Jaan
P.S-If you'd like to start the new Stefan/Elena Thread, you can PM Bhav or Rachu, they'll decide how it goes, obviously if you'd like you can keep all of the graphics that I made, etc. 

It's really sad that this is happening. We're supposed to be a family here on the forum, so why are we having all these divisions between the SE and the DE camp? Differing ships shouldn't matter to us, because at the end of the day we're all fans of The Vampire Diaries and that's what bonds us together.

We don't want all this negativity to follow us into the new year, so let's get all this out now, okay? If you or anyone you know is being targeted on the VD Forum, or if you have anything that you would like to bring to our attention, then please PM either myself, sourpuss, or Rachu, Rachu_1987, and let us know.

To avoid ending on a negative note, we would like again to encourage all of you to participate in the events organized around the forum and get to know one another better, because that's the best way to bond as a family. The response for the Banner Contest has been encouraging so far; we're looking forward to seeing your entries for the Xmas oneshot writing contest and seeing you outside of your ATs!

With love,
Bhav and Rachu
The TVD DT

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

patakhaguddi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Just To Add:
I love this forum sooooo much, and I have no intention of throwing any particular group under the bus, but I really didn't want to step down without an explanation.
Hope everyone gets involved w/ the activities in the forum, and has a fantastic holiday season!
<3
Jaan
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I....wow. =O Ummm...i'm sorry for being so inactive? πŸ˜†I'm sorry..i'm just so shocked. I thought that the TVD forum was one forum where everyone was peaceful and understanding of each other no matter what ship. =(

Aww Jaan.  I tried to make the SE thread as well. Didn't really work. Well...i only posted a bunch of SE caps from an episode so i'm not sure if it counts. πŸ€£

Well...thank you Bhav and Rachu for bringing this to the attention of us. 
The one shot reminds me...=O I asked for an extension and haven't even started on it yet... Uh-oh. Lemme start tomorrow...cause today i have to study for a test.

-Jot. 
-Ravenclaw- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
*snort* How exactly can anyone hold the AT maker//head responsible for the thread's inactiveness?? :S
As far as I know, it is the members of the thread who make it active & not the AT maker alone.I don't understand why Jaan is being blamed :|

BTW shipping wars = FAIL.
& on I-F it's EPIC FAIL!

StarshineHues thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Like, seriously ? Ppl are blaming Jaan coz the SE thread is inactive ? How does that make sense ?

Agree with what Adi said. ^^ Made of fail. 😡

leeseunggilove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
*snort* inactive..i think its d most fantastic forum!...everyone here lives and deals peacefully  and admirably with everything..n der is no antagonism between the members at all..i for instance am a part of all the 3 ATs..bamon stelena delena..n try n be as active as possible.!

and blaming jaan fr all dis..well wow dats really something..!..jaan sweety..ur an awesome AT head..dnt let some spiteful pms get u down...

thats d beauty of tvd forum..we all love to live in peace....n nuthin nt even spite cn crack that!πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ€—

devyani
Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Jaan i ditto what these guys said...i dont actively monitor any of the ATs but i do know that its upto the members to make them active, so im nt sure y uve been targetted....

but again I wanna stress on this...If anyone is/has been targetted by hate PMS you MUST let us know, we cant help, or take action unless udo....

n oh Jot...please send ur entry quick! i extended it for u....lol
sourpuss thumbnail
I'm so glad to see all the love, guys! πŸ€—

Jaan, I have to ask, after all this, are you still stepping down?
patakhaguddi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I love you ALL. <3

-dhruvi thumbnail
Yo, that's not cool at all. I'm sorry that happened to you. This is what I was talking about bad fandom. IF has been awesome compared to other sites.

Everyone lets vow here now forget fandom, ships, favoritism, etc and be a civilized forum again. No matter who we like/ship at the end of the day we are a big TVD family. It would be nothing without each and every character/ship and us fans/members. (: