.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

Aarakshan brings up the issue of 'Quota System'

Aarakshan brings up the issue of 'Quota System'

Imagine TV's new show Armanon Ka Balidaan-Aarakshan deals with the sensitive issue of reservation

After coming up with shows of various concepts, Imagine TV is again all set to get the audience glued to the screen with yet another sensitive issue. This time the channel has come up with a concept that has not yet been tried in the Indian Television Industry; reservation, which is still in voracious discussion even today.

Imagine's upcoming show Armanon ka Balidaan-Aarakshan, is a joint venture by Ravindra Gautam's RG entertainment and Kamal Pandey's Kaamadgiri Productions and the story deals with a sensitive issue of quota system and its effect on the youngsters. This issue has been an intense topic of discussion since 1990, as it brought about a condition wherein certain youngsters benefited and the others suffered.

Talking about the concept of the show Saurabh Tewari, Head of Fiction Programming, ImagineTV says " This is the first time that we are trying a concept like this because the reservation issue has been in discussion but was never shown to the audience in this manner as it is very sensitive."

Speaking about the backdrop of the story he says "The story is about a middle class family who  has lost their son (set himself on fire) fighting against this issue. The incident took place in 1990 but the family is still in the trauma." 

Pariva Pranati who portrays the lead role in the show says "My character name is Sumedha who is a very bubbly and happy girl externally and tries to bring in the happy element in the family because the family has not yet come out of the incident that has happened twenty years back. But at the same time she is very sensitive inside which she does not show."

Rahoul Lohani who was last seen in Bidaai is now portraying a very insightful character in this show. Talking more about his role he says "  My character name is Shivam and I portray a character who is really confused about his being because his elder brother had committed suicide for the issue and now he has failed in his IAS dreams. So he is in the state where he is frustrated with the society and its issues "

The talented actor Muni Jha portrays a powerful guardian in this show and says "I play the role of the father in the show and this is the third opportunity that I received to work with the same production team "

Aarya Dharamchand Kumar who was lately seen in Sarvagunn Sampanna will be seen in a powerful role in this show. He says "The character name is Aakash and the character is very powerful who holds a respected position of District Magistrate in the society. He is a very responsible person and is in love with the girl but is scared to open his heart because he is from a low cast".

Since this is a sensitive issue that the production team is dealing with, there is always a question of controversy, but regarding this the Producer and Director Ravindra Gautam says "Yes it is indeed a sensitive issue but we have already taken precautions how to do deal with it. But as of now the promos are on air and till now we have not received any negative wibes."

The show goes on air from 29 November at 8:30 PM in Imagine TV

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan 

===============================================

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail

Shivam escapes death scare in Armanon ka Balidaan Aarakshan..

Shivam escapes death scare in Armanon ka Balidaan Aarakshan..

Shivam who tried to commit suicide in Imagine's new show will survive the death scare, only to feel more miserable..

Imagine's new show Armanon ka Balidaan-Aarakshan which deals with a love story that blooms amidst issues raised by the quota system saw a major high point in the second episode itself. 

As per the present track, Shivam (Rahoul Lohani) is a depressed man as he has not succeeded in getting thro' the IAS exams for the fourth successive time. He is doubly upset as this was his last attempt for securing an IAS seat, and this forces him to kill himself. 

Yesterday's episode saw Shivam shooting a bullet right into his head, and the freeze happened as his family is startled and shocked at this development. 

Our source tells us, "Shivam will be pronounced to be critical by the doctors and this creates some anxious moments for the family. There will be a scene wherein Shivam's mother, played by Anita Kulkarni recollects her elder son Priyam's death and weeps a lot. She literally thinks that she has lost Shivam too, and blames her husband Kamlapathi (Muni Jha) for being responsible for the death of both her sons. However, Shivam will survive the death scare and get alright". 

However, the creative team has not yet decided on the impact of the injury on Shivam, and will take a call soon on whether he will be shown to be fine or will have some problem or the other. But it is certain that Shivam will be back in action in few episodes. 

"As soon as Shivam comes home, he will see his family members sobbing their heart out and this irks him more. To make matters worse, he will also get to know that his friend who had secured lesser percentage of marks when compared to his marks has secured a seat for IAS due to the quota system", adds our source. 

Soon the outburst of Shivam will be shot, wherein he will tell his family that it would have been better if he had died after the bullet hit him. 

The coming episodes will also witness the entry of Akash, the District Magistrate and the male lead of the show, played by Aarya Kumar. 

Tune in to Armanon Ka Aarakshan on Imagine at 8.30 PM…

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

================

.Tanya. thumbnail

Supriya Kumari sizzles to 'Beedi Jalaile'...

Supriya Kumari sizzles to 'Beedi Jalaile'...

Supriya Kumari is all set to groove to a popular item number for her entry sequence in Imagine's Armanon Ka Balidaan..

The trend of using item numbers in television shows continues, and this time it is Supriya Kumari who gets a sizzling entry via an item number in RG Media & Entertainment's Armanon Ka Balidaan on Imagine.. 

Just like her mother Kabootari Maayi (Dolly Bindra), Supriya will portray the 'chalu' character Meethi who sports a vernacular look. Dressed in a typical gagra choli, her hair tied in ribbons, decked with ethnic oxidised jewelry, the girl will be a mix of black and fun.. 

Our source states, "Supriya has been given a rocking entry sequence wherein she burns the dance floor to the item number 'Beedi Jalaile'… Thro' the song, Meethi's Bindaas attitude towards life, wherein she can trap any a man will come to the fore". 

When contacted, Producer Ravindra Gautam states, "Supriya Kumari's role of Meethi will be very similar to her mother Kabootari Mayi, and as the story goes, she will be much more than her mother. Meethi's entry sequence will be a typical item number where she will be dancing to the song, 'Beedi Jalaile'… Soon after Sumedha and Radhe's marriage, Kabootari Maa will arrange for a party wherein Meethi will dance her heart out. The family being crass will make merry in their own way, which will make Sumedha and her family feel awkward". 

Supriya Kumari told us, "Yes I have begun shooting, but have not shot for the entry dance sequence yet. I am told that the number is 'Beedi Jalaile', but I am not sure. I will be able to talk about it once I finish shoot". 

We hear that Supriya's entry sequence will be aired this Thursday.. 

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh