Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
This was a good episode - despite Shani's usual bhashans, instead of showing @ the end Amba's maang getting filled by someone or the other, at least they made her the queen 👏  Now that's real empowerment. 👏

The first scenes - what struck me was that if Bhimsen was so enamored w/ Amba, he could have easily told her father that he wanted to marry her, and that would have been an honorable way to get her.  He'd have had exclusive rights to hear her sing or watch her dance, he could have given her her own Shani shrine, and he could have had kids from her.  Too stupid, I guess.

So Shani's solution was to drive a wedge b/w Taksha & Bhimsen, which was brilliant.  Initially, I was wondering why Shani decided to choose Taksha, but then it became quickly apparent that he was just a tool to oust Bhimsen.

Shani telling Amba @ the end that she might find similar situations in other kingdoms - why assume that?  When people are persecuted, it's legitimate to assume that other kings or kingdoms/states are better, and look for a good life there.  Here, Shani enabled it by getting them to kill both Bhimsen & Taksha, and making her queen, but that's not always something that someone can aspire to.

Anyway, for a change, I liked the ending - Amba being made queen of that kingdom, instead of being made to marry, and being entrusted w/ bringing justice and dharam to its people. 👏
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Vrish, Thanks a lot for the update! Aha... so this time despite being a victim in the start the woman does get power in the end. Agree with you... glad to hear that Shani made her the queen rather than choosing marriage as the option for women empowerment 😆 I'm seriously tired of seeing marriage as the solution for all the problems in this world😆
ghotalaz thumbnail

Sorry for the late update! Was extremely busy😳

I'll do it very short. I'll start from where I watched as I missed the initial scenes.

WU - 14th Jan, 2012

Pushpa has done the grihapravesh.  Two chests are being brought. Her in-laws Dhaniram(D) & Kalyani(K) are extremely happy seeing it thinking she's brought dowry along with her. The elder DIL is also happy. D & K tell her to bring the keys from Pushpa to open it. She brings the keys. They start opening the chests. K opens one & just sees some antic pieces. D opens the other one & just finds clothes. Both get angry that Yognath(Y), Pushpa's father didn't send any dowry along with his daughter.

The next day, D is telling Gopal, Pushpa's husband to go to another place for business. He doesn't seem to agree. Pushpa supports D & tells him to go. He leaves. Kalyani throws the aarti thali from Pushpa's hands & scolds her for not bringing dowry. D tells K to calm down & tells Pushpa that they spent a lot of money on Gopal & needs at least that amount from her father. Pushpa is shocked.

Y comes to visit Pushpa. D insults him for not giving anything to his daughter. Pushpa enters with the pot of water. On seeing her father, she happily puts the pot of water down on the floor & goes to meet him. K starts beating her & throws her in front of Y saying she doesn't know where to put the pot of water. Y says he wont' let his daughter stay in a house like this & tells Pushpa to come along with him. She agrees & both are about to leave but D doesn't let them go & says Pushpa now belongs to them & he has no rights after giving her to them in kanyadaan. D tells Y to arrange gold of amount dus bhaar (don't know what unit bhaar is). He makes Y put down his pagdhi on his feet.

Pushpa is hungry & about to eat a very hard roti while Shani in disguise asks for bhiksha. She gives the roti to Shani while K comes & throws it on the ground & taunts her. Shani is disgusted with her behavior & warns her not to trouble her for dowry. K doesn't listen & goes inside. The elder DIL is also about to go inside but is stopped by him. He tells her to put herself in Pushpa's place & think about it what would have happened if her father was also poor like Y & couldn't have given dowry. The elder DIL seems moved by this.

Y sells his house & arranges the amount of gold. He gives it to D. D says this is just the amount what he spent on Gopal & needs the same amount of gold for the expense of Pushpa also. Y says he doesn't have anything now with him. Just then Pushpa enters & is begging for food & water. Y is shattered seeing his daughter's condition & agrees to bring more gold & leaves. D thinks that Y has already sold his house & has nothing left so wont' be able to arrange money further so decides to get Gopal married to another girl for dowry.

D & K set a hut on fire & go. Shani in disguise along with Pushpa come over there & says this was their real face. Shani tells Pushpa to take care of her father.

Shani in disguise as the priest of the minister of the king arrives at D & K's house. He says the minister wants his daughter to get married with Gopal. He gives them royal jewels as gifts & leaves. D & K are happy & playing with the jewels while the minister arrives there with some soldiers & see D & K with the royal jewels & arrests them for stealing it from the raajkosh.

D is whipped badly in the ground while K is trying to protect him. They return to their house but get thrown out by their elder DIL. Both become beggars & start begging. Pushpa with Y are worshipping Shani. Pushpa is distributing the prassad to the people over there. D & K are also begging there with their faces covered. D asks for another laddoo, Pushpa agrees & this time she sees his face & then also sees K's face. They both admit that they're facing punishment for their behavior towards her & Y. Gopal arrives there & expresses his happiness on seeing Pushpa alive & tells her that its bcoz of his parents, she faced so much of trouble & tells her there's no need to show sympathy for them. Pushpa says what's the difference between her & them if she too shows them a cold shoulder? Y says it's all Shani's mahima & all do the jai jai kar of Shani.

Shani at shanilok says that dowry is a gift that a father gives to his daughter out of love & only the daughter has rights over it. Her in-laws have no rights over it at all & to claim rights over it is a crime but people don't seem to understand this. Shani says whenever people torture their DILs for dowry; they'll receive severe punishment from him. The episode ends.

Comments: Well it was a good episode though a fictional one. Nice performances. Btw is Pushpa one of the sisters of Sita & Urmila in ASR. I think I've seen her in ASR. Can anyone confirm this?

I liked the fact that Pushpa didn't say No this is my house & I can't leave & all when Y wanted to take her along with him. It was just bcoz of D who stopped them. But I wished Y was able to say if D thinks Y has no rights over Pusha after the Kanyadaan then why does he have to arrange dowry for her now😲

However I wished the elder DIL had some more role to play in supporting Pushpa, especially after Shani's lectures coz she did seemed to reform after what Shani said to her, but then after that she just disappeared & appeared only for one second just to throw D & K out of the house later. I wonder how Gopal made a comeback only towards the end😕 Strange! some oops kind of scenes but overall a good episode👏

Vr15h thumbnail
Vik

Thanks for the summary.  I had seen only bits & pieces of it, but I did get the start, where Shani says that dahej is one of the crimes that greedy people commit, reducing marriage into a commercial activity.  Oh, and somewhere in b/w, when he was disgusted @ Dhaniram & Kalyani, he said that they are the reason many people look @ the births of daughters as inauspicious, and make their lives miserable.

You are right about the actors.  Pushpa was Shrutakirti (the first one, since they changed the actress playing her @ the time Shatrughan went to war w/ Lavanasura) in ASR and Sita in Mahaveer Hanuman on Colors.  But there were more - Dhaniram was the same guy who played Vashistha in ASR, while Yognath seemed to be the same guy who played Arjun in Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna.

I'm glad Gopal was supportive of his wife.  I'd have preferred it had he told Pushpa that they would from now on be living separately from Dhaniram & Kalyani.  I also would have preferred if Yognath got back his property.
ghotalaz thumbnail
Yeah I remember DR as Vashishta in ASR & Sukracharya in CGM. So Yognath was Arjun in RSK😲 I felt I've seen him, tried to remember a lot but still couldn't figure out... Vrish are you sure of him being Arjun😕
ghotalaz thumbnail

WU Jan 21, 2012

Missed the first few scenes, so will update since the part I watched😳 I've tried to make it short so I might be skipping some details. Plz feel free to add anything if I missed out something important😳

Madan Sen (MS), the king is worshipping Laxmi & asking for wealth. Laxmi is impressed & appears in front of him. She tells him to ask for a boon. He says he wants her to stay in his palace forever. After hearing his wish, Shani's eyes gets opened😲 the gods are shocked, so is Vishnu. Laxmi too is hesitated for a moment but then agrees. The king & his queen get happy.

Shani is worried that Laxmi will be a prisoner in MS's palace & a person who gets wealth without any hard work cannot value it. He thinks the solution is only with Vishnu so goes there. He requests Vishnu to wake up from his yognindra. He requests Visnu to stop Laxmi. Vishnu assures him. Vishnu meets Laxmi. Laxmi asks him what he's doing in Laxmi lok. He tells her that her promise given to MS will create disturbance in the system of the world & tells her to take it back. Laxmi says it is important to reward someone's true devotion, Vishnu says it is but if there is greed & negativity in it then it's not important to do so. Laxmi says she has already made the promise & can't do anything about it. Vishnu says that only time will tell, not only she but the world will also suffer due to her promise.

Laxmi appears in front of MS & his queen. She tells him that now she'll remain in the palace & fill his empty pots with wealth daily. Three pots filled with coins & jewels appear in front then she disappears. MS is happy seeing the wealth. He says now Laxmi is in his control & his raajkosh will never be empty. He says now he can donate as much as he wants & he'll become the chakravorti samrat by donating. He tells his minister to make an announcement that whoever wants wealth can come to him. The queen is not pleased hearing the king but doesn't say anything. Shani too is displeased with the king.

The king keeps on distributing his wealth among people & Laxmi is filling his pots with wealth everyday. The people of his kingdom, the men have stopped working & spend their money on alcohol, gambling & girls. Chaos is created in the entire kingdom & Laxmi looks at all this helplessly😭 Laxmi disguises herself & sees a man beating his wife saying nobody can stop him from consuming alcohol or gambling. Laxmi is shattered😭

Laxmi in disguise & the women who got beaten, followed by other women of the kingdom plead in front of the queen regarding the matter. The woman says that since the king donated wealth, their husbands have stopped working & all they do is drinking alcohol or gambling. The queen says even she doesn't agree with the King's activities but she's helpless as he doesn't listen to anybody. She says all they can do is one thing that is praying to Shani to help them out & show their husbands the right path.

The king is throwing his wealth among his people as always while he hears a voice which says, Stop this drama of donating. MS gets furious as Shani in the disguise of a rishi appears there. MS asks what he means by calling his donation a fake drama. Shani says MS is not donating bcoz he has the true feelings for it but he's doing it only bcoz he wants to be called the superior king among all. Shani says that if people of his kingdom misuse the money provided to them then as MS gave them the money, he automatically is responsible for the increase in crime in his kingdom. MS gets angry & says if he wants wealth then just take it why talk like that. Shani says in that case, MS will have to give him the amount of wealth equivalent to his weight & if MS fails to do so then his life will be under his (Shani's) control. MS is lost in thoughts. Shani makes fun of him that he's scared of donating now. MS gets furious & agrees that he'll give wealth equivalent to the rishi's weight & if not his life will be under the rishi's control.

Shani places himself on one side of the weighing scale & on the other side; sacks full of coins, ornaments are placed but doesn't seem to have any effect on the other side which leaves MS shocked. The minister informs that whatever Laxmi gave them that day has finished & now they'll have to wait for the other day to get anything from her. MS tells him to bring from their raajkosh, the minister says that there's nothing left over there as the king has already donated everything from there. MS tells the queen to puts her ornaments on the scale. The queens agrees but Shani says he won't accept the ornaments of the queen but if the king wants to put anything then to put his own ornaments on the other side. The king takes off his ornaments including his crown & puts it on the scale but still the side having Shani doesn't move at all. Shani says the king has now left with his palace only, will he donate that. MS angrily says he is a great daanvir & won't break his promise & goes & brings a brick & says he'll give his palace too & places it on the scale but still doesn't affect the Shani's side of scale.

Laxmi appears above & says now she's not obliged to stay there, so, she's leaving. MS says that she promised to stay in his palace forever. Laxmi said she did say she would stay in his palace but now that he has donated his palace to someone else, she's not going to stay there. Laxmi & Shani communicate through telepathy. Laxmi thanks Shani for freeing her from there & says she's realized what she did & says she'll never make such a promise to any of her devotees & praises his justice. Shani folds his hands & bows down to her with respect. Laxmi disappears.

Shani asks MS does he remember what he promised. MS remembers his promise that his life would be under the rishi's control if he's unable to provide wealth equivalent to his weight. MS says he agrees. Shani says now MS will have to work & earn & whatever he earns needs to be submitted to Shani. MS on the way sees a lender & asks for work. The lender says the king of their kingdom spoilt the people that nobody works, all just live on the wealth given to them by the king for free, so, he's going to another kingdom to start his business & leaves. MS is shocked. MS then sees a man beating his wife, asking for money. The wife replies she's speaking the truth that there's no money left with her & if he needs some then why doesn't he go to his king who keeps on donating. MS is sad seeing this. MS then sees people drunk & leaves. MS thinks to himself that he gave birth to crime in his kingdom.

MS sees a farmer & asks for work. It's Shani in disguise. Shani says he has work to offer but will MS be able to do it as it requires a lot of toil. Shani says that one of his oxen is sick so can MS help to plough the field. MS thinks for a while, then Shani tells him to leave it. MS agrees to do it & asks what he would get in return. Shani smiles & tells him to work & not think about the fruits right now. MS starts ploughing along with the other ox. A devotional song is being played in the background that the king has now realized what hard work is after finding himself in the position of the ox. After he finishes it, he & Shani both sit down. Shani takes out rotis & asks MS to eat. MS says he's hungry. Shani says he has just two rotis & hands over one to MS. MS is about to eat but then remembers what the rishi said that he needs to submit whatever he earns. The farmer Shani tells him to eat but MS says he needs to donate it.

MS arrives in the palace & sees the rishi. Shani asks him what he earned today. MS shows him the roti. Shani says let's try it then & sits down on one side of the scale & tells MS to place the roti on the other side. MS hesitates & thinks what will happen with one roti. Shani tells him to try it. MS places the roti on the other side. The side having Shani gets lifted & the other side with roti gets heavier👏 All in the palace are astonished😲 MS says how come this miracle happened😲

Shani says that previously he donated wealth which he got without hard work while this time he donated something that he had earned due to his hard work & the latter is the most superior donation in this world. MS says he cannot be an ordinary rishi as he opened his eyes & showed him the right path; he asks Shani who he is. Shani disappears from that place & appears above on his eagle in his true form. MS, his queen & his people all fold their hands on seeing him & do the jai jai kar of Shani👏

At Shanilok, Shani says that one should have true feelings of donation while donating & should not do it just to display his superiority. He adds that while donating one should know to whom he's donating & on what & how the person receiving it is using it, whether for a good purpose or is misusing it. If left hand gives out something then the right hand should not know about it. This is how it should be. The episode ends.

Comments: No idea whether the episode was based on an authentic story or just a fictional one, but... personally I liked the episode a lot👍🏼 The episode was different from what has been shown till now👏 The weighing scale track reminded me of the Tulabharam incident though 😉 But I liked the way the story track was handled & presented. However, it did feel incomplete as only MS got the enlightenment of the importance of hard work & the value of the earnings received after it, but what about all those men of his kingdom who stopped working😕 Didn't Shani have to teach them any lesson❓😕😲 But still overall a very good episode👍🏼 I think I've seen the actors playing MS, the queen & Laxmi but can't exactly say who they are😕 Any guesses...😳😕

Vr15h thumbnail
The first part of the story was Shani telling us that when one is being generous, one has to not blindly give, but also verify the consequences of such giving, as well as not being generous for vanity reasons.  If one does not ensure that the wealth being given is not used for wrongdoing,  one becomes implicitly guilty of wrongdoing.

Madan Sen was one such ruler who was only too happy to make a spectacle of his generosity, tossing coins & jewelry towards his subjects, and promising them more the next day.  After they are gone, his minister complains that after the next day's donations, the treasury would be empty.  Madan Sen asked whether there was any way of ensuring that the royal treasury would never be empty, and the answer he got was that if the Ashtha-Lakshmi's were propiated, then that feat would be achieved.  So Madan Sen began his puja, which is where the above summary starts.

Comments:

I liked the episode.  Had Madan Sen known about the Tulabharam incident w/ Krishna, he could have offered a Tulsi leaf proclaiming his devotion to Lakshmi - it would have been interesting to see it not work.  I agree that the story could have gotten closure w/ Shani telling the men after they returned to him for wealth that from now on, they'd have to work to earn it.  Otherwise, @ the end, all they showed was Madan Singh, his minister, his queen and all the womenfolk who were there complaining shouting praises of Shani Dev.

Logically speaking, one thing didn't make sense - the trader who Madan Singh first ran into leave.  Usually, if a place is flushed w/ money, traders go there and try to sell what they can to get as much money as they can out of it.  It's strange that the only businessman he ran into was a money lender, whose business got spoiled by the king.  Also, the man beating his wife for money made no sense, if Madan Singh had already given everybody so much.

On the religious front, why was Lakshmi asking Vishnu what's he doing @ her place?  I thought that like him, she resides permanently on Sesha-nag, in Vaikuntha dham.  Her situation's not like that of Parvati, who needed to create Ganesh to keep Mahadev out.  Or was it ❓😆

Can't recall where I've seen any of today's actors.

Anyway, glad to see an episode that didn't dwell on the greatness of women, but instead focussed on other things. 👏
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail

Mahima Shani Dev to see some interesting cast

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 | 4:44:34 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    5 Comments
Mahima Shani Dev to see some interesting cast

Apart from some rescheduling, the show also welcomes few new characters...

With Imagine's Chandragupta Maurya turning to once a week schedule, Mahima Shani Dev Ki also sees the same shift and extension. Thus, not only Chandragupta Maurya, but also Mahima Shanidev Ki will air one and half hour starting this week.

A source reveals, "The producers wanted to make the opening episode a bit interesting and therefore the production has roped in a couple of well-known names for the episode. Names such as Aditi Sajwan, last seen in Colors'Hamari Saas LeelaAmit Dolawat (of Star Plus'Sasural Genda Phool) and Amit Pachori (of Zee TV's Ek Veer Stree ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki Rani) have been approached to essay vital roles in the show."

Talking about the storyline a source reveals, "The story is about a thug named Jungalia (Amit Pachori), who is evil to the core that he doesn't allow a newly wedded bride to be with her husband for the first three months of her marriage. Therefore, with Jungalia's threat, no boy from the village gets married. But a farmer named Giridhar (Amit Dolawat) with the encouragement and blessings of Shanvidev get ready to marry a girl named Maanvi (Aditi Sajwan) and that's how the story proceeds."

We contacted Aditi Sajwan who says, "Yes, I have done an episodic for Mahima Shanidev Ki as I felt the story was strong and it almost took 10 days to complete the shoot. I had a great experience working with the unit."

Amit Dolawat confirms, "Today morning I have arrived from Baroda and I got no time to relax, as after the completion of my track from Sasural', I immediately left for Mahima Shanidev. Hope the audience likes the episode."

Hope Mahima Shanidev Ki gets good opening points

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar 
Author:Sharat Kumar
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
One new caption about the new spin on Shani dev is Shani dev ki nishpaksh nyaya.  But in previous episodes, they showed Shani as doing things like preventing an apsaras marriage to an asura and tricking her into marrying Brihaspati, getting an asura princess to marry a human and similarly, forcing men & women @ different times into marrying, even using deception as a tool.  Given this attitude, and the fact that Shani was not neutral  b/w Devas & Asuras, how exactly does this title hold?  B'cos in a normal quarrel b/w 2 random people on earth, there's no reason for him to be partial to anybody.

Also, as I noted in the comments section of the above article, if Amit Pachori is back, I'd like to see him take back Mahadev's role, since nobody does it better - not even Mohit Riana.  I'm sorta missing him as Duryodhan as well 😆
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
^^ So you too like Amit Pachori better than Mohit Raina as Mahadev? I thought I was the only one.😆