Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: sharmake11

so if Dev & Maan are brothers why cant dadima recognize Geet us her Bahu i didnt get it can u tell me awesome both parts pls cont soonnnnnnnnnnnnn

You have to wait....😉 patience my dear...
shona2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow intresting start...👏
Geet is not wit Maan hmmmm
plz continue soon....add me to ur pm list
shivangi783 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
That was a nice update!

But I have few questions-If Dev and Maan are brothers, how come Maan doesn't know that Geet is his bro's wife. And dadi too is unaware that Geet is her bahu😲 
I hope I am not missing something.....

Part 4: My first assignment. 

<Maan's Monologue>

3.00 PM

At this time of the day…I usually don't have much to do…

I was sitting in my chair and holding my head…something has been bothering me so much since last evening…Her eyes…The first time in the airport when she was so close to me….

"Aah"  I sighed

Should I check on her? Maybe she will be in the break room…I could go to get coffee and find out how she is…Maan Singh Khurana  is making plans to talk to a girl?….aise bhi kya boora din aagaye hain mera…

She is married Maan…come to your senses…It just so happens that in all the three times that you met her…she never gazed at you the way any other girl on the street eyes you…You are just another normal person to her…with whom she works with…

But why am I explaining this to myself…am I…falling for…This just can't be…I have to get out of here….

I went to the nearest Peet's for coffee…Half-caff black…please…

Geet: "Half-caff? Aisa bhi hota hai kya hai? "

Maan: "That's half caffeinated and half De-caffinated for you...." I said with a straight face…

Geet: "Aur aap mere liye…complicated ho…"

She broke into a gentle laughter….My mind was clicking a thousand shots of her that moment…

She ordered her coffee, and we walked back to our building…

I wanted to get away from her…and its like the cosmos had another plan for me…

Geet: "its strange nah!...we bump into each other so often…kahi aap mera peecha to nahin kar rahe hai?

She smiled harmlessly…little did she know that she was pricking a hundred pins into my chest…

<Geet's Monologue>

Oops…did I just say that….Oh! babaji….ab mein kya kahun…Why cant I think before I speak….Now what will he think of me…Josh already told me that he is very professional and doesn't entertain any loose talks…aur mein…isse to kuch bhi bol di…

I looked down and my eyes fell on his long slender fingers once again…it was the same fingers that cleaned my wound and dressed it up….I wanted to….Geet stop it…You are just missing Dev…take your phone and call him…

He had a serious look on his face…Guess I have messed it up…

Maan: "Achha to ab baat aisa chal raha hai…Dekte hain…kaun kiska peecha karenge…"

Geet: "Maan…I didn't mean it that way…actually I don't know why I said…that…"

Should I say sorry….nahin…Let me leave it at that…He didn't enquire about my cut…that left me puzzled…Oops…I should call Dev and tell him about the whole thing…ab tho poora 24 hrs ho gaya hai usse baat karke….I dial his number…and he picks up and we quickly finish our formal enquiries…I inform him about my cut…aur beech me…he cuts the call and says he will email me…he has gotta go again….

We got into the elevator and he storms out and walks straight to his cabin..Not a word…I trembled in his presence…

I get back to my seat…the coffee was making my nerves more jittery…I check my mail…

Ah! My first email..from [email protected] Geet thu to gayi….

From: [email protected]                                                                                      Sent: 3.35 PM xx/xx/2010

To: [email protected]

Subject: Q3 2010 EC numbers.

Geet,

I have a meeting at 8.30AM tomorrow and I need the Q3 2010 EC numbers at my desk by 5.00 PM today. I need it for the deck I have to prepare…work with Yash or Meera and they know what to do…

Thanks,

MK

So this is what he meant…when he said…who is going to be chasing who…Meera…Yash…where are you guys…why did you disappear…Yeh! EC kya hai…I didn't hear anything like that in the introduction from yash….

I'm racing down the aisles..trying to see if I can spot meera or yash….

Time is racing and I'm racing too….its already 4.15 PM….babaji…please app mera madad ki jiye…na…

It seemed like the longest one hour of my life…it all serves me right…I open my mouth and talk to him….jaise ki…woh mere 10th class ke friend hai… Now I know…

Ok… no point…I have already called meera 5 times…I still don't know Yash's nos…There is just only one way out… Let me go to his cabin and tell him personally that it is going to be delayed…

I trembled like a leaf about to wither….I entered his room…he was busy typing away some numbers…

Maan: "Geet…bolo…"

Geet: " Maan…actually…"

He cuts me off….his phone rings…. And he raises his hand signaling me to stop…I couldn't help notice his long slender fingers yet again…He picked up the call…and leaned back on his chair…he loosened his tie..and started talking some heavy finance stuff…he sounded angry almost arguing to the other person on the phone…

He put the phone down…got up from his chair…walked straight out….Huh!...ab mein kya karoon …iske PEECHE jaavoon?

He landed on someone's cube…I followed him…he spoke one sentence and everyone seemed to agree with him….He convinced them to take his option…that was quick…He was walking back… it was almost like he didn't know I existed right next to him…

Yeh! Apne aapko kya samajte hain…wonder how guys get such blown up ego's…

He greeted someone on the way and started straying off the path to his cabin…they both walked into the break room and started laughing over some jokes…babaji…abhi 4.50 baj raha hai…I should tell him

Before I could call out to him…he waved bye to him…and started walking out of the break room…

Maan: " Haan bolo geet…mere peeche peeche kyon aa rahi thee…" he called out with a poker face…

Babaji…yeh jaan bhujkar kar raahen hai…yaa..

Geet: "Ji Maan…Yash and Meera….are not…"

Josh: "Hey MK…."

Maan: "Hey…Josh…how are you?

Josh: " So you are coming to our Q3 closing poker night right?"

Maan: " I will be there Josh…"

Josh: " I see…you already have Geet crunching some numbers for you…."

Maan: " Yup for the 8.30 tomorrow…"

Josh: " See you Bud….Geet…you take it easy now…"

Maan: " Bye Josh…"

Geet: " See you Josh…"

Sach meing…sab log ko…abhi party aur poken ke bare mein baat karna hai…meri to yahan jaan jaa rahi hai….

Oops…I was so nervous that I dropped the printouts I had in my hand…

I instantly went down to pick it up….and that's when it happened…I was picking it up so fast that I forgot to notice that he was picking up the papers for me as well…and by mistake…I held his fingers….for a moment…I wasn't sure if I wanted to let it go…He raised his hand in a jerk and in that moment…his eyes looked straight into mine…and in that instant it scared me that he was able to look right through me…deep into me…so deep that people didn't know that such shades of me existed…

I let go of his hand…my eyes showed him the nervousness…we silently walked into into cabin…I decided to break our silence…

Geet: " Maan…I don't think I can deliver the numbers today…Yash and meera are out…I'm unable to reach them"…I wasn't sure…what was going to happen next…it was 4.57 and I have said it….

That moment seemed long before he reacted…

Maan: " Huh….I need the numbers at any cost….I believe you can get it to me before 9.00 PM atleast…

Geet: " Sure Maan…I will email it out…I believe that will work for you…"

Maan: " Yeah….so what is your cell nos? "

Geet: "Huh! …."

Maan: " Your contact nos…you must have a cell right…"

Geet : " xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Maan: " Incase you don't send it by 9.00 I should be able to reach you…"

Aha!  Why do you have to call me…aap to jaante hain…ki mein 10th floor mein rahte hoon…sida wahi pe tent lagaa ke bhi bait sake te hain….

I was angry something was disturbing me…I'm not sure if it was not being able to finish my first assignment on time or was it running around him did that or if it was his touch….I just couldn't stay any longer in that place…I exited the building and took the subway without any second thoughts…

Meer was at home…."Tu yahan hai…office se kab gaayab ho gayi…"

Meera: " I had a client lunch…so finished it and came home and started working form here"…

That's explains it…I sat down with her….finished what Maan asked for….sent him an email…I'm done…off goes my first assignment…

I was laying down on the bed…ready to call it a day…"Half-caff"….I couldn't help smiling...

Part 5: A day in the life of a Jr.Analyst.

Hope you like this one too...post please...tell me about the stuff you dont like too...

Doracake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hey great update...........loving ur FF ....... next update pls 😉
shona2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice update...Plz cont.soon!!
just a one request can u plzzz put chapter update list on page one plzzz ...would very much appreciate that 😊
shreya satish thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
they dont know each other?????

maan doesnt know she is dev's wife??? & vice versa

anyways lovely update

waiting for next update
priza thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
loved it....pls continue soon
Downhill thumbnail

loved it.brilliant update...

plz add me to the PM list

plzz continue soon

reva
bhanu_rekhag thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
happened 2 c ur ff now only n read all parts....

I liked them a lot... nicely written